Translating possible Georgian Ring

Moderator:Multiturquoise

smegbot
Translating possible Georgian Ring

Postby smegbot » 2019-03-06, 1:06

Hi there, first time poster. I bought this ring a few years back in Nova Scotia of all places and it looks like Georgian to me but I can't seem to translate it effectively at all. Can you please tell me if I'm at least on the right track? Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Linguaphile

Re: Translating possible Georgian Ring

Postby Linguaphile » 2019-03-06, 3:48

smegbot wrote:Hi there, first time poster. I bought this ring a few years back in Nova Scotia of all places and it looks like Georgian to me but I can't seem to translate it effectively at all. Can you please tell me if I'm at least on the right track? Thanks!

I can't read it, but I think it's Tengwar script (Lord of the Rings / Tolkien fictional script) rather than Georgian.

Tengwar consonants:
Sono di continuo a caccia di parole. Descriverei il processo così: Ogni giorno entro in un bosco con un cestino in mano. Trovo le parole tutt'attorno: sugli alberi, nei cespugli, per terra (in realtà: per la strada, durante la conversazioni, mentre leggo). Ne raccolgo quante più possibile. -Jhumpa Lahiri

smegbot

Postby smegbot » 2019-03-06, 21:51

Hmm interesting. I'll try that avenue. I thought it might be too at first but it looked a little too ornate. I'll take another gander

Multiturquoise
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Multiturquoise » 2019-03-06, 21:53

This is absolutely not Georgian and doesn't even look like it to my eyes.
native: (tr)
advanced: (en) (el)
intermediate: (fr) (ka)
focus: (de) (sl) (hr)

Return to “Georgian (ქართული)”