ქართული

Moderator: Multiturquoise

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-18, 19:26

გამარჯობა მეგობარები!

ჩემი სახელია თაგვი. მე ამელიკელი, დთ მე ვცხოვრობ ქოლომბას ოჰაიოში. მე ვარ 27 წლის და ცოლიანი ვარ. მეც მაქვს ოჯახი. სამი ცატები მყავს მაგრომ, ახლა ბავშვები არ მყავს.

ახლა მეც ვსწავლობ ქართუ ემას ჩემი სახლში მასწავლებელის გარეშე მაგრომ, მე ვფიქრი რომ ქართული ჩემ თვის ძალიან ძნელია,,მაგრომ კარგათია :) ნახვამდის.

თაგვი

User avatar
RCA
Posts: 533
Joined: 2006-11-08, 16:35
Gender: male
Location: Харків (Kharkiv)
Country: UA Ukraine (Україна)

Re: ქართული

Postby RCA » 2009-01-19, 12:10

გაგიმარჯოს თაგვო!

Hi Tagvi, I’m not great in Georgian, but I’ve seen a couple of mistakes in your presentation text and I think I can make it a bit better.

გამარჯობა მეგობრებ!

ჩემი სახელია თაგვი. მე ამეიკელი ვარ ვცხოვრობ ქალაქ კოლუმბუსში (ოჰაიოს შტატი). მე ვარ 27 წლის და ცოლიანი. მე ოჯახი მყავს. სამი ცატები (???) მყავს, მაგრმ ახლა შვილები არ მყავს.

ახლა მეც ვსწავლობ ქართუ ემას ჩე სახლში მასწავლებლის გარეშე, მაგრმ მე ვფიქრობ, რომ ქართული ჩემთვის ძალიან ძნელია, (I would say: ქართული ძალიან ძნელი მგონია, or მე ვფიქრობ, რომ ქართული ძალიან ძნელია, or ჩემი აზრით, ქართული ძალიან ძნელია), მაგრმ კარგია (ლამაზია?) :) ნახვამდის.

თაგვი
'A vita è 'n'affacciata 'e fenesta.

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-19, 17:39

RCA wrote:გაგიმარჯოს თაგვო!

Hi Tagvi, I’m not great in Georgian, but I’ve seen a couple of mistakes in your presentation text and I think I can make it a bit better.

გამარჯობა მეგობრებ!

ჩემი სახელია თაგვი. მე ამეიკელი ვარ ვცხოვრობ ქალაქ კოლუმბუსში (ოჰაიოს შტატი). მე ვარ 27 წლის და ცოლიანი. მე ოჯახი მყავს. სამი ცატები (???) მყავს, მაგრმ ახლა შვილები არ მყავს.

ახლა მეც ვსწავლობ ქართუ ემას ჩე სახლში მასწავლებლის გარეშე, მაგრმ მე ვფიქრობ, რომ ქართული ჩემთვის ძალიან ძნელია, (I would say: ქართული ძალიან ძნელი მგონია, or მე ვფიქრობ, რომ ქართული ძალიან ძნელია, or ჩემი აზრით, ქართული ძალიან ძნელია), მაგრმ კარგია (ლამაზია?) :) ნახვამდის.

თაგვი


გამარჯობა მეგობარი!

როგორ ბრძანდებით?

Thanks for helping me with my 2 week old Georgian.You said that you're not great in Georgian;however, I think you are great for helping someone who has less knowledge than you in the language. Georgian is a difficult language to tackle. I was hoping there would be some people here who are still learning Georgian and are willing to give contributions for helping others learn the language. I appreciate it.

I will now tell you what I was trying to say in certain places:

LMAO@ (სამი ცატები) I was saying that I have 3 cats.

'მაგრამ კარგია' I was just trying to say 'But it's fine' or 'It's ok'

Yea, at first I was going to use 'ჩემი აზრით' მაგრამ, I changed my mind.

დიდი გმადლობთ მაგობერი.

I appreciate you correcting the mistakes I've made here. I will be making another journal soon as well. ნახვამდის

თაგვი

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-20, 2:39

გამარჯობათ მეგობრები!

ახლა ერთი საკითხი მაქვს.

(თოჯინას)ეს რას ნიშნავს? I know it means 'doll' but does this word refer to a woman or..

User avatar
RCA
Posts: 533
Joined: 2006-11-08, 16:35
Gender: male
Location: Харків (Kharkiv)
Country: UA Ukraine (Україна)

Re: ქართული

Postby RCA » 2009-01-20, 12:10

Hi Tagvi, 2 week old Georgian you say… hmm, I must confess I’m impressed :)

Laoshu505000 wrote: გამარჯობა მეგობარ!
As far as I know, in Georgian the person which is addressed to is used in the vocative case, so you should say მეგობარო rather than მეგობარი (the same applies to the plural form too: მეგობრები-მეგობრებო).

Laoshu505000 wrote: როგორ ბრძანდებით?
მე კარგად ვარ, გმადლობ. შენ როგორ ხარ? (I’d rather use the less formal style, hope you don’t mind it)

Laoshu505000 wrote: LMAO@ (სამი ცატები) I was saying that I have 3 cats.
Now I see, some Georgian letters may look so alike :wink: It should have been სამი ატ (in Georgian you use singular nouns with numerals).

Laoshu505000 wrote: 'მაგრამ კარგია' I was just trying to say 'But it's fine' or 'It's ok'
Well, in this phrase it looks to me like it's the language that is Ok, maybe it would be better to write somewhat like მაგრამ ეს კარგია (it’s Ok with this, i.e. with the fact that it’s difficult)? But frankly speaking, I don’t know how it is usually said in Georgian…

Laoshu505000 wrote: დიდად გმადლობთ…
I’m glad you find my corrections helpful :)
Last edited by RCA on 2009-01-28, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.
'A vita è 'n'affacciata 'e fenesta.

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-20, 18:59

გაგიმარჯოს მეგობარო!

როგორა ხარ? მშვენიძრად ვარ. მეც ძალიან ბედნიერი ვარ, იმის გამო, რომ ახლა ვსწავლობ ქართულ ენას. მეც ვცნობა, რომ ქართულ ენა ძალიან ძნელია, მეტად გრამატიკა და ხმნები ძალიან ძნელიან, მაგრამ... რატომღაც, ჯერკიდევ ძალიან საინტერესოა..ისე..ვმოწონებ ქართულ ენას. მეც მადლობელი ვარ.



თაგვი

User avatar
RCA
Posts: 533
Joined: 2006-11-08, 16:35
Gender: male
Location: Харків (Kharkiv)
Country: UA Ukraine (Україна)

Re: ქართული

Postby RCA » 2009-01-21, 15:05

სალამი თაგვო!

მე აგრეთვე ძალიან მოხარული ვარ, რომ ქართულს ვსწავლობ, იმიტომ რომ მე ძალიან მომწონს ქართული ენა. ვფიქრობ, რომ ეს კარგია და საინტერესო, რაც ქართული ძნელია.

გაგიმარჯოს მეგობარო!

როგორა ხარ? მშვენირად ვარ (it seems however they usually say ძალიან კარგად ვარ). მეც ძალიან ბედნიერი ვარ, იმის გამო, (I would omit it altogether, because as far as I know they use to say the phrases like this one: ბედნიერი ვარ, რომ მყავხარ) რომ ახლა ქართულ ენას ვსწავლობ. მეც ვიცი, რომ ქართულ ენა ძალიან ძნელია, მეტად (მეტადრე???) გრამატიკა და ხმნები ძალიან ძნელი (or ძნელი არიან), მაგრამ... რატომღაც, ჯერ კიდევ (I’m afraid I can’t understand what exactly you mean) ძალიან საინტერესოა.. ისე.. ქართულ ენ მომწონს. მეც მადლობელი ვარ.

თაგვი
Some comments:

ძნელია = ძნელი არის or ძნელი არიან (the latter is correct if the subject is an inanimate object, or rather objects).

ქართული ენა მომწონს: here the grammatical subject is ქართული ენა (it’s in the nominative case), so the verb მომწონს has the suffix -ს, which is characteristic of the 3rd person, I (me) is the indirect object rendered by the prefix მ: მო--წონ-ს. The syntactic construction is a bit similar to that used for the Russian verb нравиться (if this helps).
'A vita è 'n'affacciata 'e fenesta.

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-21, 20:03

RCA wrote:სალამი თაგვო!

მე აგრეთვე ძალიან მოხარული ვარ, რომ ქართულს ვსწავლობ, იმიტომ რომ მე ძალიან მომწონს ქართული ენა. ვფიქრობ, რომ ეს კარგია და საინტერესო, რაც ქართული ძნელია.

გაგიმარჯოს მეგობარო!

როგორა ხარ? მშვენირად ვარ (it seems however they usually say ძალიან კარგად ვარ). მეც ძალიან ბედნიერი ვარ, იმის გამო, (I would omit it altogether, because as far as I know they use to say the phrases like this one: ბედნიერი ვარ, რომ მყავხარ) რომ ახლა ქართულ ენას ვსწავლობ. მეც ვიცი, რომ ქართულ ენა ძალიან ძნელია, მეტად (მეტადრე???) გრამატიკა და ხმნები ძალიან ძნელი (or ძნელი არიან), მაგრამ... რატომღაც, ჯერ კიდევ (I’m afraid I can’t understand what exactly you mean) ძალიან საინტერესოა.. ისე.. ქართულ ენ მომწონს. მეც მადლობელი ვარ.

თაგვი
Some comments:

ძნელია = ძნელი არის or ძნელი არიან (the latter is correct if the subject is an inanimate object, or rather objects).

ქართული ენა მომწონს: here the grammatical subject is ქართული ენა (it’s in the nominative case), so the verb მომწონს has the suffix -ს, which is characteristic of the 3rd person, I (me) is the indirect object rendered by the prefix მ: მო--წონ-ს. The syntactic construction is a bit similar to that used for the Russian verb нравиться (if this helps).



გაგიმარჯოს მეგობარო!

Thanks for the corrections again.

I was reading over what I wrote before and noticed a typo for 'მშვენიძრად' I meant to type 'მშვენივრად' instead.

(მეც მალიან ბედნიერი ვარ, იმის გამო , რომ ახლა ქართულ ენას ვსწავლობ.)

I'm also happy for the reason that I'm studying the Georgian language now.
იმის გამო, რომ= For the reason that...

(მეტად გრამატიკა და ხმნები ძალიან ძნელია, მაგრამ, რატომღაც, ჯერ კიდევ ძალიან საინტერესოა)
'Especially the grammar and the verbs are very difficult. However, for some reason it is still very interesting''
მეტად= Especially
რატომღაც= For some reason
ჯერ კიდევ=Still

Thanks again my friend.

თაგვი

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-21, 22:55

გამარჯობათ მეგობრები!

I was just looking over some stuff over at (armazi.com) and realized that there's another word for 'especially' It's funny because I learned met'ad somewhere for especially, but I guess it isn't correct. This word should be ' განსაკუთრებით'

მეტად means 'more'

I guess it was just a typo where I learned it being 'especially' აფსუს! :cry:

ნახვამდის

თაგვი

User avatar
ninkaakanino
Posts: 104
Joined: 2004-06-12, 19:19
Real Name: ninka
Gender: female
Location: Hamburg
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)

Re: ქართული

Postby ninkaakanino » 2009-01-21, 23:04

i cannot NOT feel flattered when i see you guys learning this wonderful language :D keep it up!

User avatar
RCA
Posts: 533
Joined: 2006-11-08, 16:35
Gender: male
Location: Харків (Kharkiv)
Country: UA Ukraine (Україна)

Re: ქართული

Postby RCA » 2009-01-22, 16:15

სალამი ყველას!

I’ve noticed a mistake in my previous Georgian text: I guess it should be ვფიქრობ, რომ ეს კარგია და საინტერესო, რომ ქართული ძნელია (რომ instead of რაც)

Laoshu505000 wrote: (მეც მალიან ბედნიერი ვარ, იმის გამო , რომ ახლა ქართულ ენას ვსწავლობ.)

I'm also happy for the reason that I'm studying the Georgian language now.
იმის გამო, რომ= For the reason that...
Ok, now I see, I guess it’s Ok then...

Laoshu505000 wrote: (მეტად გრამატიკა და ხმნები ძალიან ძნელია, მაგრამ, რატომღაც, ჯერ კიდევ ძალიან საინტერესოა)
'Especially the grammar and the verbs are very difficult. However, for some reason it is still very interesting''
მეტად= Especially
რატომღაც= For some reason
ჯერ კიდევ=Still
Well, I’ve always thought that რატომღაც means ‘for some reason that I don’t know’ or something like that… :? if you mean this, then it’s Ok, I guess...

As far as I know, the word ‘still’ has many meanings in English, while ჯერ კიდევ only (?) regards time, e.g.: he’s still here. I thought you meant to indicate something that was contrary to your expectations (which can be rendered by the word ‘however’, that is it’s interesting despite its complexity), so I think it would be better to write მის (სიძნელის) მიუხედავად, but I can only guess…

ninkaakanino wrote: i cannot NOT feel flattered when i see you guys learning this wonderful language :D keep it up!
And that’s all you can say??? :lol: How about some kind assistance of yours? :wink: Otherwise we’re going to learn a wonderful language which will be, at best, somewhat similar to Georgian (and you will be able then to help being flattered by seeing us, guys, inventing a new version of your, no doubt, beautiful mothertongue), it's no problem to keep it up :lol:
'A vita è 'n'affacciata 'e fenesta.

User avatar
ninkaakanino
Posts: 104
Joined: 2004-06-12, 19:19
Real Name: ninka
Gender: female
Location: Hamburg
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)

Re: ქართული

Postby ninkaakanino » 2009-01-22, 17:27

RCA wrote:
ninkaakanino wrote: i cannot NOT feel flattered when i see you guys learning this wonderful language :D keep it up!
And that’s all you can say??? :lol: How about some kind assistance of yours? :wink: Otherwise we’re going to learn a wonderful language which will be, at best, somewhat similar to Georgian (and you will be able then to help being flattered by seeing us, guys, inventing a new version of your, no doubt, beautiful mothertongue), it's no problem to keep it up :lol:


any language is always undertaking changes, so i personally would welcome your newer version of my old mother tongue :D lol
but seriously speaking, having such a profi here like yourself, my ukrainean brother (not sure anout ur gender, sorry), i already feel redundant. but again, i have decided to hang out here more often and will try to help you guys, as much as i can. :)

User avatar
ILuvEire
Posts: 10398
Joined: 2007-12-08, 17:41
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: ქართული

Postby ILuvEire » 2009-01-23, 3:41

Laoshu, I have a question, where are you learning Georgian from?

Laoshu, habe ich eine Frage, woher lernst du "Georgian"?
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-23, 5:48

ILuvEire wrote:Laoshu, I have a question, where are you learning Georgian from?

Laoshu, habe ich eine Frage, woher lernst du "Georgian"?



Hello there,

I found some good stuff on that uz translation site. I also go to this Georgian chat room where they don't speak any English. It's hard, but I try and practice the things I've learned from the lessons in order for things to stick.

How's Vietnamese coming along?

By the way, I don't understand German that well yet.

User avatar
ILuvEire
Posts: 10398
Joined: 2007-12-08, 17:41
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: ქართული

Postby ILuvEire » 2009-01-26, 5:22

Laoshu505000 wrote:
ILuvEire wrote:Laoshu, I have a question, where are you learning Georgian from?

Laoshu, habe ich eine Frage, woher lernst du "Georgian"?



Hello there,

I found some good stuff on that uz translation site. I also go to this Georgian chat room where they don't speak any English. It's hard, but I try and practice the things I've learned from the lessons in order for things to stick.

How's Vietnamese coming along?

By the way, I don't understand German that well yet.


Okay, I'll check that site out. Spoken Vietnamese is going good, the only tone I have trouble with is the falling one...I don't know why. :P
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-01-26, 16:23

Hey, you should make an introduction video for Vietnamese for some speaking practice.








ILuvEire wrote:
Laoshu505000 wrote:
ILuvEire wrote:Laoshu, I have a question, where are you learning Georgian from?

Laoshu, habe ich eine Frage, woher lernst du "Georgian"?



Hello there,

I found some good stuff on that uz translation site. I also go to this Georgian chat room where they don't speak any English. It's hard, but I try and practice the things I've learned from the lessons in order for things to stick.

How's Vietnamese coming along?

By the way, I don't understand German that well yet.


Okay, I'll check that site out. Spoken Vietnamese is going good, the only tone I have trouble with is the falling one...I don't know why. :P

coolmoose1
Posts: 2
Joined: 2009-03-17, 2:35
Real Name: Eliza BW
Gender: female
Location: Los Angeles
Country: US United States (United States)

Re:how do you pronounce

Postby coolmoose1 » 2009-03-17, 2:39

hi, i am doing project about georgia, i am teaching the georgian alphabet, i was wondering how you pronounce ბედნიერება, which i think means happiness

User avatar
Laoshu505000
Posts: 212
Joined: 2007-10-10, 1:37
Real Name: Moses M McCormick
Gender: male
Location: none
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: ქართული

Postby Laoshu505000 » 2009-03-17, 3:10

''Bedniereba'' it sounds like ''BED KNEE EHREBA'' The Rs are rolled in Georgian as well.

It does mean Happiness. Good Luck.


Return to “Georgian (ქართული)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron