Georgian recipe :)

Moderator:Multiturquoise

Zaduma
Georgian recipe :)

Postby Zaduma » 2007-05-25, 9:46

No idea if there is a native speaker or someone who knows this language... I owuld like to know more about Georgian cuisine. There is a dish called ბადრიჯანი ნიგვზით (Nigvziani badrijani?) and I would like to have therecipe. I couldn't find it in English but I guess there must be resources in Georgian, but I odn't know this language. Could someone find it and translate into English, please?

zhiguli

Postby zhiguli » 2007-05-27, 8:11

Since no one else is likely to do this I thought I'd give it a stab...my Georgian being what it is, there are a lot of holes in the translation...but try to connect the dots yourself:

ბადრიჯანი ნიგვზით

Badrijani with walnuts

მასალა:
ბადრიჯანი - 1 კგ,
ნიგოზი - 1 ჩაის ჭიქა,
ნიორი - 2-3 კბილი,
ზეთი - 1/2 ჩაის ჭიქა,
ქინძი - 1 ჩაის კოვზი,
ზაფრანა - 1 ჩაის კოვზი,
მწვანილი - ნახევარი კონა,
მარილი - გემოვნებით.

Ingredients
Eggplant - 1 kg
Walnuts - 1 teacup
Garlic - 2-3 cloves
Oil - 1/2 teacup
Coriander - 1 teaspoon
Saffron - 1 teaspoon
Greens/Vegetables (?) - half bunch
Salt - to taste

დამზადება:
კანიანი ბადრიჯანი სიგრძეზე დაჭერით ისე, რომ ერთმანეთს არ მოსცილდეს, შიგ ჩააყარეთ მარილი და გააჩერეთ 1 საათი.
შემდეგ გაწურეთ და შეწვით ზეთში თავდახურულ ტაფაზე.
შემწვარი ბადრიჯანი დაალაგეთ ლანგარზე და გააცივეთ.
დანაყეთ ნიგოზი, შემდეგ ცალკე დანაყილი ქინძის თესლი, ზაფრანა და ნიორი აურიეთ ნიგოზში, შეაზავეთ მარილით და აგლისეთ ძმარში.
ამას დაუმატეთ წვრილად დაჭრილი ქინძი და ნიახური და ამ საკაზმით ამოავსეთ ბადრიჯანი.

preparation:
cut an egglant (with the skin on) lengthwise so that the halves don't tear away from each other, pour salt on the inside and leave for one hour.
afterwards press/crush (?) and fry in covered frying pan.
clean up (?) fried eggplant and refrigerate in a dish.
grind the walnuts, then separately mix ground coriander seed, saffron and garlic into the walnuts, season with salt and plaster (?) in vinegar.
add to this finely chopped coriander and celery and fill the eggplant with this seasoning.
[url=http://despani.com/component/option,com_ricettario/func,detail/Itemid,278/id,6/]
another recipe:[/url]

ნიგვზიანი ბადრიჯანი

მასალამასალა

* 1 კგ ბადრიჯანი
* 250 გრ ხახვი
* 1 ჩაის ჭიქა ნიგოზი
* 100 გრ ზეთი
* 2 კბილი ნიორი
* 2 ჩაის კოვზი დაფქული ქინძის კეკალი
* 1-2 ჩაის კოვზი ყვითელი ყვავილი
* 1 ჩაის კოვზი უცხოსუნელი
* 1 ჩაის კოვზი ოხრახუში
* ღვინის ძმარი
* ბროწეულის მარცვლები
* წიწაკა
* მარილი - გემოვნებით

1 kg eggplant
250 gr onion
1 teacup walnuts
100 gr oil
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons ground coriander seed (?)
1-2 teaspoons safflower
1 teaspoon fenugreek
1 teaspoon parsley
wine vinegar
pomegranate seeds
red pepper
salt - to taste

დამზადების ინსტრუქცია ბადრიჯანი გავრეცხოთ და თავები წავაჭრათ. სიგრძეზე დავჭრათ 0,5 სმ სისქის ფენებად და ორივე მხრიდან შევწვათ ზეთში. გავაცივოთ. ამასობაში ხორცისსაკეპ მანქანაში გავატაროთ ნიგოზი, ნიორი და წიწაკა, რასაც დავუმატებთ წვრილად დაჭრილი ხახვი და ოხრახუში, დაფქული ქინძის კეკალი, ყვითელი ყვავილი, უცხოსუნელი,, ღვინის ძმარი, ბროწეულის მარცვლები, მარილი და სულ ცოტა, 100 მლ-მდე, გადადუღებული წყალი. კარგად ავურიოთ და ეს მასა დაახლოებით 1 სუფროს კოვზი (არა უმეტესი) მოვათავსოთ სემწვარ და გაცივებულ ბადრიჯანზე. დავახვიოთ. ჩავდოთ ქვაბში და შევინახოთ მაცივარში. სუფრაზე მიტანის წინ ლანგარზე დავაფინოთ სალათის ფოთლები. ლამაზად დავალაგოთ ბადრიჯნები. ზემოდან მოვრთოთ წვრილად დაჭრილი ხახვით, ოხრახუშის ან ქინძის ერთო ორი ფოთლითა და მოვაპნიოთ ბადრიჯნის რამოდენიმე მარცვალი.

instructions: wash the eggplant and cut off the tops ("heads"). cut lengthwise into 0,5 cm thick layers and fry both sides in oil. refrigerate. meanwhile in a meat grinding machine grind walnuts, garlic and red pepper, add finely chopped onion and parsley, ground coriander seed, safflower, fenugreek, wine vinegar, pomegranate seeds, salt and just a little, up to 100 ml, boiling water. mix well and place approximately 1 tablespoon (not more) of this on the fried and cooled eggplant. roll it up (?). put in a pot (boiler/cauldron ?) and keep in the fridge. place on the table and spread lettuce leaves on a dish. beautifully arrange the eggplant. garnish the top with finely chopped onion, one or two leaves of parsley or coriander and ??? some of the eggplant seeds (pomegranate seeds?).

ego

Postby ego » 2007-05-27, 13:12

Interesting. Eggplant is called patlican in Turkish and melitzana in Greek, similar to the Georgian word

zhiguli

Postby zhiguli » 2007-05-28, 5:39

afaik they all come from the same persian word بادمجان (bâdemjân).

Return to “Georgian (ქართული)”