How to improve my speaking skill?

Moderator:JackFrost

Icha
How to improve my speaking skill?

Postby Icha » 2020-05-09, 5:50

Hello. I am a new user. I want to tell stories and ask my friends about my english problems. I understand what was said. but I am afraid to respond because my grammar is still bad. can someone give me tips and trick to solving it? thank you.

AntonioD

Re: How to improve my speaking skill?

Postby AntonioD » 2021-05-28, 10:32

Hello :) Where are you from? Don't worry about making mistakes, everyone makes mistakes and the more you practice the better you become, so you should't really worry. If you want to improve your speaking skills you can watch movies in their original language and talk to native speakers, but if the problem is also grammar, then you should also work on that. There's a website that I know called Books4Languages where you can find free online books to learn languages, I think that it's very useful because you can look for the language that you want (in this case English) and the level that you want and you can also do exercises. You can take a look at it if you want. There are also websites where you can talk with other people that are learning English, the only one I know is EnglishLD but I'm sure there are more. You should try :)

MartinReynolds

Postby MartinReynolds » 2021-06-29, 20:17

The best way to do this is find skype friend or go to England :-) I went to Scotland for 10 years and I have to say that I lost my accent and my English speaking skills are really good. When I went to Scotland for the first time I didn't knowe English at all. I Knew a lot of single words but that's all. If you have a chance to go to other country where you can get a job that's the best way in my opinion. Good luck

leezhableng

Postby leezhableng » 2021-09-10, 13:50

hai, i feel you. I need a partner to try speaking english to improve my skill.
We can learn together to improve our speaking skill.

Liv_Parker

Postby Liv_Parker » 2021-09-30, 18:16

English learning is easy but speaking the language fluently is a bit of a problem for the non-English speakers. Listening to others speaking English is very important. You first need to understand what others are saying. Once you understand there's, it would be easier to place your words in that same fluency. Not to forget, English is spoken in different accents depending upon the countries. That is why, the best thing is to communicate with people in English and watch movies as much as possible to take a grip of how they pronounce every word.

Return to “English”