[Game] Creating sentences

Moderator: JackFrost

Osias

Re: [Game] Creating sentences

Postby Osias » 2019-10-19, 13:41

On my way home there are several cheap restaurants.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-19, 16:36

Talk is cheap, my friend, what I'm waiting for is the next action you'll take.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (ro) & (mg) Wanderlusting (hu) My current addiction - crazy about it! (nagy függő vagyok!)

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-10-27, 12:40

Last night, my husband wanted to watch an action movie but I wanted to watch either a comedy or a thriller.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-27, 14:55

Take it easy, just because the night's falling doesn't mean you have to start freaking out.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (ro) & (mg) Wanderlusting (hu) My current addiction - crazy about it! (nagy függő vagyok!)

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-10-31, 7:21

The children totally freaked out when they saw a ghost flying around the dungeons.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-10-31, 8:08

Harry and Ron didn't believe their eyes when they saw the Ravenclaw Prefect in the right aisle of the dungeons - this part of the castle is usually occupied only by Gryffindors who go there to practice the Summoning Charm in secret, in the clear purpose of not being laughed at by Slytherins.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-02, 7:37

The Ravenclaw girl smiled, embarrassed, when Harry asked her what she was doing down here in the dark. "I ... I'm .. looking for my ... sister," she stuttered slowly and tried to put on an innocent look.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-02, 9:46

"But I am innocent!" Ron bellowed, unable to believe his brother Percy could watch him with so much disdain.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-03, 7:03

The tourist doesn't notice the look of disdain on a waiter's face when he paid the bill without leaving a tip.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-03, 8:44

Here's to us, one more toast, and then we'll pay the bill.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-04, 15:57

My colleague always eats a toast with cheese and jam for breakfast.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-04, 16:19

The traffic jam has been horrible, a truck crashed in a car that crashed in another car just because a motorbike rider wanted to lead way to a blond bimbo girl on her bike!

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-04, 17:12

The blonde bimbo girl smiled coquettishly as she took off the helmet, let her long blonde hair flow freely over her shoulders and then left the crash scene on bike before the police arrived.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-05, 12:29

The last time I went to the motorcycle shop, the manager wasn't there - instead the assistant, a tall, blonde bimbo teenager, told me I needed to buy a new helmet, mine being too old and above all, involved in an accident.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-05, 18:39

"When there's an explosion in my dungeon," said Snape, giving Harry and Neville the look of loathing he always reserved just for them, "I know one of you two is involved."

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2019-11-06, 1:14

france-eesti wrote:a blond bimbo girl
tiuwiu wrote:The blonde bimbo girl
france-eesti wrote:a tall, blonde bimbo teenager

Wow! Really riffing on "bimbo" here. :whistle: A couple notes:

1) "Bimbo" is normally used as a full noun, rather than as a modifier. So you'd say "a blond(e) bimbo" and not "a blond(e) bimbo girl"; "a tall, blonde, teenage bimbo" and not "a tall, blonde bimbo teenager".
2) "Bimbo" is an insult, so it sounds very blunt (to say the least; closer to "judgy" or "aggressive") to use it as if it were an ordinary noun, like "woman" or "teenager". Of course, that could be what you're going for (?) Just thought it was worth pointing out.

france-eesti wrote:Harry and Ron didn't believe their eyes when they saw the Ravenclaw Prefect in the right aisle of the dungeons - this part of the castle is usually occupied only by Gryffindors who go there to practice the Summoning Charm in secret, in with the clear purpose of not being laughed at by Slytherins.

I'm not sure what's intended by "the right aisle of the dungeons". What were you thinking of when you said "aisle", in particular?

tiuwiu wrote:The tourist doesn't notice the look of disdain on a waiter's face when he paid the bill without leaving a tip.

The tenses are mismatched here. You should either make "doesn't" past tense or make "paid" simple present.

tiuwiu wrote:My colleague always eats a toast with cheese and jam for breakfast.

france-eesti wrote:The traffic jam has been horrible, a truck crashed in into a car that crashed in into another car just because a motorbike rider wanted to lead way to a blond bimbo girl on her bike!

I don't understand "lead way".

tiuwiu wrote:explosion

I've always wanted to be the kind of secret agent who walks away from a building in slow motion just as it's destroyed by a gigantic explosion.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

RaviSharma12

Postby RaviSharma12 » 2019-11-06, 9:40

There are more than 35% of carnivorous animals exists on the planet.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-07, 12:35

Dormouse559 wrote:
1) "Bimbo" is normally used as a full noun, rather than as a modifier. So you'd say "a blond(e) bimbo" and not "a blond(e) bimbo girl"; "a tall, blonde, teenage bimbo" and not "a tall, blonde bimbo teenager".
2) "Bimbo" is an insult, so it sounds very blunt (to say the least; closer to "judgy" or "aggressive") to use it as if it were an ordinary noun, like "woman" or "teenager". Of course, that could be what you're going for (?) Just thought it was worth pointing out.

Ah sorry I was just quoting Aqua in Barbie Girl (I'm a blonde, bimbo girl in a fantasy world...)

Why do people insist we have to eat meat at every meal - don't they know we're not fecking carnivorouses?

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2019-11-09, 7:54

His friends think he's selfish because he don't want a fecking birthday party.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2019-11-12, 7:55

Don't you dare calling your sister selfish just because she didn't make actual Christmas presents but gave the money to a charity instead - I daresay the selfish one would be you!

Return to “English”