[Game] Creating sentences

Moderator:JackFrost

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator
[Game] Creating sentences

Postby france-eesti » 2018-02-28, 12:12

Hi there!
Just delete this subject if you think this is a bad idea - I thought we could start this game in English too!
Create a sentence including a word the previous user put in bold.

I'll write the 1st sentence then :silly:

As unlikely as it seemed, Nicolas got the best grade in the whole school and could enter the University he had dreamt about.

So next person write a sentence including "school" and sets another word in bold, that the next person will have to use, and so on...
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

tiuwiu

Re: [Game] Creating sentences

Postby tiuwiu » 2018-03-04, 9:21

Most students walk or use bicycles or public transportation to go to school.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-03-09, 20:26

I had to brake in order to avoid all the bicycles that were crossing in front of me.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2018-03-09, 20:38

Hope smouldering to the point of extinction sprang to life and burned like a fire in a cane-brake.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-03-12, 12:51

Jaanipãev bonfire just went on and when it smoldered, suddenly everybody started to jump and then in the big mayhem it created, Priit's second daughter's hand got seriously burnt.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2018-03-19, 16:32

She lost her mind in all the mayhem.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-03-21, 19:32

Mind you, all she was able to do afterwards was to sit on a chair and think about how things could have been.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2018-03-26, 6:40

Afterwards I did start noticing that you had been staying there, when I could only stare at the square view out of the hospital window.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2018-03-27, 15:41

She has been working in a hospital for 20 years.

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-03-28, 3:49

A year has passed, and the resources we've collected are pretty abundant in terms of number.
وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ۝
"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge." (Ar-Rum: 22)

Jika saya salah, mohon diperbaiki. If I make some mistake(s), please correct me.
Forever indebted to Robert A. Blust for his contributions to Austronesian linguistics

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-03-28, 8:49

It is clear that an abundant number of citizens is a dire necessity to have this survey completed and significant.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2018-03-28, 15:15

The dire wolf, which is now extinct, is supposedly the largest canine to have ever lived.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-03-31, 7:33

The largest part of the population who answered the survey just couldn't pick up the courage to denounce the unfairness of the situation.

Iván
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Iván » 2018-03-31, 9:39

Dealing with unfairness is stressful because human beings usually respond as if it were a threat.
Minkä nuorena oppii, sen vanhana taitaa.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2018-04-03, 6:27

They couldn't go on vacation because the airport was closed due to a bomb threat.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2018-04-04, 8:32

What is a vacation? Why do people need a vacation? Is it possible to live without vacations? For those rich who need not work for money any more, what does a vacation mean? And, why do some people get used to make themselves exhausted during their vacations? What is a vacation for?

After writing this, Sam closed his diary, undressed, and crawled into his bunk. He lay there with his eyes closed, wondering what a vacation is, and reminding himself to discuss it with his father the next morning. In a few minutes he fell into asleep.

(This piece has imitated the ending paragraphs of Ch. 1 of The Trumpet of The Swan by E. B. White.)

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-04-04, 10:23

I want to be rich and I want lots of money, I don't care about clever, I don't care about funny.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2018-04-04, 14:55

Women are cleverer than men. :whistle:

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-04-06, 20:03

Why are all those men so hard to please? :roll:

Osias

Postby Osias » 2018-04-07, 23:09

Please, stop hitting on me.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Return to “English”