[Game] Creating sentences

Moderator:JackFrost

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator
Re: [Game] Creating sentences

Postby france-eesti » 2020-01-18, 7:19

azhong wrote:From under the dining table their pet, a young golden hound, lurched out, over which their pre-school kid tripped and, were it not that the kid's father acted in time, would have collided with a dining chair.

Before anyone could do anything, the crazy woman had lurched for her bag and got up to leave the room, leaving the two babies unattended, supposedly under the responsibility of their 13-year-old cousin.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Osias

Postby Osias » 2020-01-18, 21:43

I left my cat unattended by two seconds and somehow the cactus is gone.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2020-01-22, 17:33

"Again, a day is gone." he thought, when he lay on the ground of an abolished church, pillowing on his backpack and covered himself with his coat. He listened to the silence which reigned the country wildness around, and stared at the stars through the broken roof. "And another day will come soon, when I'll go on my trip. Or more precise, my movement--to somewhere. But now it's time to sleep. I am dog-tired."
He closed his eyes, and fell asleep in a minute.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2020-01-23, 15:32

azhong wrote:"Again, a day is gone," he thought, whenas he lay on the ground of an abolished church, pillowing on his backpack and covereding himself with his coat. He listened to the silence which reigneddominated the country surrounding wilderness around, and stared at the stars through the broken roof. "And another day will come soon, when I'll go on my trip. Or more precisely, my movement--to somewhere. But now it's time to sleep. I am dog-tired."
He closed his eyes, and fell asleep in a minute.

1. "Abolished" is archaic in the sense of "demolished". In modern usage, an "abolished church" would refer not to a building but to a sect which had been discontinued.
2. Arguably, you can't "listen" to "silence", though you can "hear" it.
3. "Reign" is intransitive. To make it transitive, you need to combine it with over.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Osias

Postby Osias » 2020-01-24, 12:17

"Is it raining? It's raining!" Grandma used to answer her own questions but I wasn't paying attention, only trying to reign over the pillow fort.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-01-25, 6:58

The little child loved the yellow pillow with the fairy on it.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-02-01, 9:13

If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail...
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Osias

Postby Osias » 2020-02-01, 13:59

Fail me once again and I'll destroy you, Vader!

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-02-02, 8:41

A group of young people made selfies in front of the sand castle they had just built before the flood destroyed the castle.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-02-04, 10:46

The last time I checked his phone, the picture gallery was rather full of selfies than of pictures of naked girls showing off.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-02-05, 15:38

Most people shower naked at home.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-02-07, 15:26

Just take a shower and toss that smelly tee-shirt in the laundry basket, my parents will be there any minute now!

azhong

Postby azhong » 2020-02-15, 3:28

An animal's corpse and stool are smelly but, after decomposed by microorganisms, can nutrite plants to grow fragrant flowers and fruits. Nature is amazing, isn't it?

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2020-02-17, 17:25

azhong wrote:An animal's corpse and stool are smelly but, after being decomposed by microorganisms, can nutritenourish plants to grow fragrant flowers and fruits.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Lutrinae

Postby Lutrinae » 2020-02-20, 13:20

After he decomposed her sentence by analysing each and every word, he still couldn't make any sense out of it.
Thanks for any correction :)

azhong

Postby azhong » 2020-02-24, 2:35

Among the four chapters of Nature, the beginning is habitually agreed to be Spring no matter where you live. Yet the beginning sentence of spring, however, varies with the place where the amazing book is published. Here in Taiwan, for example, an island lying in Southeast Asia and sitting astride the Tropic of Cancer, the sentence is never something like footprints of dormice or groundhogs zigzagging across melting snow. Come visit in February and you'll find in the outskirts of my town that spring is there developing its passages diligently. Of the masterpiece, the stylistic diction is mainly repetitive letters of rice seedlings, and the seedlings are furthermore, on a large scale, duplicated by and pasted under the water that submerges fields.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-02-25, 13:25

As I watched them limping towards the spring, it became obvious those poor children really deserved a better life than to walk their daily 5 miles to get a bit of messy water for their family.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2020-02-27, 3:53

You could sway the cluster of messy weeds over your head; you could indulge the plentiful moss along your cheek. You need no more to worry about your costume and could wear whatever you like.

(你不妨搖曳著一頭的蓬草,不妨縱容你滿腮的苔蘚;你愛穿什麼就穿什麼。)

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-02-27, 15:23

Many parents indulge their children. They overlook their bad habits and let them do whatever they want.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2020-02-27, 16:46

A train from the right, slowing down for its arrival, was entering the heart zone of the town. Under such a distant overlook from the hilltop, it crawled slowly on like a long worm, a foraging centipede.

Return to “English”