The person after me game (2)

Moderator: JackFrost

tiuwiu

Re: The person after me game (2)

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-11-22, 18:45

I observe the general rules of distance and hygiene, such as washing hands regularly and keeping hands away from your face and I'm wearing a mask where I have to [but I'm bugged by it] but some rules are very hard to follow such as keeping distance from family and friends or staying at home as much as possible.

The person after me coverd a scar with a tattoo.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-23, 16:13

No but my sister did, a few years after her cancer.

The person after me was really good at spelling at school.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (ro) & (mg) Wanderlusting (hu) My current addiction - crazy about it! (nagy függő vagyok!)

OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator

Postby OldBoring » 2020-11-24, 16:19

Yes, because I don't speak a language with a stupid eccentric orthography like English or French! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The person after me is eccentric.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2020-11-24, 18:17

france-eesti wrote:I also think of Hungary very mucha lot and of course, other European cities. Vienna would be nice, Munich, Berlin, but even Strasburg or Brussels would please me so much! With that fecking COVID forbidding us to go out for anything else than buying nosh, even the tiniest journey is a dream!

1. Using traditional anglicisations like "Strasburg" is outdated. The city is normally referred to by the official French form of its name, "Strasbourg", when speaking and writing English. (There are many towns in the USA named "Strasburg" but I doubt you'd want to visit any of them!)
2. It's cute how much you use "nosh" but it isn't a general synonym for "food". It comes from a Yiddish word for "nibble" and thus usually refers to a light meal or snack. I most frequently hear it in the expression "have a nosh", which is almost synonymous with "have a snack". (And like "snack", it's most frequently a count noun in US English; in UK English, "get some nosh" is common with the same meaning.) At any case, I would always think of prepared food, not ordinary groceries.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-25, 10:40

OldBoring wrote:The person after me is eccentric.

In some ways I like to be, indeed... That's more interesting (or anyway less boring) than to be normal/casual/usual.

The person after me cherishes their amount of abnormality.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (ro) & (mg) Wanderlusting (hu) My current addiction - crazy about it! (nagy függő vagyok!)

Return to “English”