The person after me game (2)

Moderator:JackFrost

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator
Re: The person after me game (2)

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-14, 12:30

I cannot say I injured myself but once or twice my hips hurt after an "intense" session (or was it maybe the Pilates?) :whistle:

The person after me thinks Pilates, yoga and stretching aren't sports.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-11-14, 18:29

Sport, meditation or a healing method?
I don't know, I have never thought about it.

The person after me has written at least one poem with more than 10 lines and more than one meaning.
Please correct my mistakes. I'd really appreciate it ❤

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-15, 9:05

Yes, I wrote one for my mother :)
She wrote one to me and I cry each time I read it :cry: :cry: :cry:

The person after me writes poems in other languages than their own mothertongue.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2020-11-15, 15:01

Not anymore, I tried to write some in English (to post on this forum) in the past. Nowadays I don't write much anymore but when I do, they are short stories in Dutch.

The person after me bought new shoes last week.
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-15, 16:09

It's forbidden here - all you can buy is nosh and toothpaste. All other shops are closed.

The person after me thinks no one could have made a better Neo than Keanu Reeves.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-11-15, 18:50

I saw The Matrix years ago, and I liked Keanu as Neo. He was the perfect cast and I can't imagine the movie any other way.
But if I have to replace him I would take Joseph Morgan or Daniel Gillies, simply because I saw the The Originals series the other day. :whistle:

The person after me prefers watching TV series over movies.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-16, 7:28

I prefer to watch documentaries (I found out I could watch as many Xenius episodes as I wished on replay so I really use my remote control more now that I know that) :silly:

The person after me would participate if I created a thread about writing Haikus.

oho

Postby oho » 2020-11-16, 21:48

Yeah, that sounds interesting.

The person below me is lucky enough that they can go to work by foot.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-11-17, 15:36

No, but I'm lucky that I can commute to work by bike, and use a lot of cycle paths.

The person below me would like to live in the future and could beam from place to place.

oho

Postby oho » 2020-11-17, 17:33

I'm a bit reluctant because I don't know how the future would look like.

The person below me collects barbies.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2020-11-17, 17:40

oho wrote:I'm a bit reluctant because I don't know how the future would look like.

Either "how the future would look" or "what the future would look like". ("How" essentially means "like what".)

oho wrote:The person below me collects barbies.

At first I read this as "collects babies" and I was like, "I don't think that's really allowed".

I don't collect any kind of doll.

The person after me has misplaced something important and can't think where it might be.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

oho

Postby oho » 2020-11-17, 17:56

linguoboy wrote:Either "how the future would look" or "what the future would look like". ("How" essentially means "like what".)

Thanks!

At first I read this as "collects babies" and I was like, "I don't think that's really allowed".

:lol:

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-18, 14:36

linguoboy wrote:The person after me has misplaced something important and can't think where it might be.

YES I DID, I misplaced my husband's birthday present (a 250€ worth coupon to buy books and CDs and DVDs) and almost had a fit when I couldn't find it again. But I did (it was between 2 Harry Potter blu-rays) and I could breathe again 8-)
So you'd better check between the Harry Potter blu-rays :lol:

The person after me has a great trick to get rid of love handles.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-11-18, 16:25

No, I always put on weight in the winter months simply because I'm less active and I lose it again in the spring/summer. I don't care, as long as my husband is smiling and looking at me with love and tenderness and as long as my trousers fit around my waist. :whistle:

The person after me gets bored quickly in everything they do.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2020-11-18, 19:09

france-eesti wrote:(a 250€ worth coupon worth 250€ to buy books and CDs and DVDs)

france-eesti wrote:The person after me has a great trick for getting rid of love handles.

tiuwiu wrote:The person after me gets bored quickly in everything they do.

Not in everything, but I do bore easily in general.

The person after me forgot to take out the garbage before the garbage collectors came by.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-19, 11:50

Yes so I had to run with my mask and flip-flops to bring the bin and they were so nice and agreed to empty it for me! That's so cool 8-) It was full of compost :mrgreen:

The person after me's hands also hurt and burn after they chopped a pumpkin.

tiuwiu

Postby tiuwiu » 2020-11-22, 9:23

No, but I know how painful that can be.

The person after me dreams of winning the lottery.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-22, 12:48

Not at all. Winning a the lottery won't increase my freedom nor kill the COVID.

Would the person after me recommand Berlin or Münich for a first trip in Germany?

TheStrayCat
Language Forum Moderator

Postby TheStrayCat » 2020-11-22, 14:45

I personally found Berlin pretty unimpressive. I have not been to Munich (not counting the airport) so cannot really make a fair comparison.

The person after me will tell us what new city they would like to visit the most at the moment.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2020-11-22, 16:49

That's an interesting one! Actually I had a dream in which I was going to Saint Petersburg for a concert, and that was a very nice feeling! I also think of Hungary very much and of course, other European cities. Vienna would be nice, Munich, Berlin, but even Strasburg or Brussels would please me so much! With that fecking COVID forbidding us to go out for anything else than buying nosh, even the tinies journey is a dream! 8-)

Is the person after me respectful of the lock-down rules?

Return to “English”