Azhong's Writing Practice.

Moderator: JackFrost

azhong

Re: Azhong's Writing Practice.

Postby azhong » 2021-01-14, 3:03

(Thank you in advance for your help.)

I was apprehensive then, my face perhaps turning palpably as pale as the other wizards around the long table, when I heard Voldemort mentioning Potter's continued existence. Some of us stiff and the others fidgety, involuntarily for each of us, all were afraid of being accused and punished. At any rate, Voldemort seemed just speaking more to himself than to us, addressing the slowly revolving body above with a tone which unstably drifted, sometimes thoughtful while sometimes lost in thought.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2021-01-15, 5:07

(Thank you in advance for your any assistance.)

Over my father I could see my mother's profile, pretty but quite tense and rigid, looking straight ahead, with her long blonde hair hanging down her back, trying to be as impassive as she could. Beneath the table, however, I saw her long, slim fingers quickly circled the wrist of my father, who, following that signal, slowly drew out his wand from his robes and passed it along to Voldemort. Then, unable to control myself again, I glanced upward at the inert body revolving directly above me, upside down, with its moving image reflecting in the gilded mirror and in the bare, polished long table.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2021-01-16, 2:32

(Thank you in advance for your emendations.)

I had evidently got distracted by the inert body revolving above; the next thing I knew, I heard my family name was clearly mentioned and then Voldemort's remaining words, which was helpless to figure out anything specific. On my left I saw my father was cautiously delivering his reply, his hand shaking as he wiped sweat from his upper lip. To his left, meanwhile, I saw my mother, still rigid and impassive, had a stiff nod as her silent echo. Not knowing what to do, I quickly glanced at the table head, averting as from Voldemort's eyes and the huge snake as I could, and then away, terror speeding up my heartbeats.

azhong

Postby azhong » 2021-01-17, 3:56

( Thank you in advance for any help you are about to provide.)

The moment Voldemort's scolding paused, I heard a soft voice seem to hiss on. It grew louder and louder, making a few among us barely repress a shudder, while I could feel some slight vibration: beneath the table something heavy was sliding across the floor. And then it appeared at the table head, the huge snake, its head emerging first, where lay the unblinking red eyes with vertical slits for pupils, then its body rising up along Voldemort's chair, seemingly endlessly, of which its neck was the thickness of a man's thigh, and it finally resting upon Voldemort's shoulder. Voldemort stroke it absently with his pale, slim fingers, tilting his head on one side, as considering me with a malicious, constant gaze.

Return to “English”