Amazing places that surround your city ?

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator:Forum Administrators

sandrodream
Amazing places that surround your city ?

Postby sandrodream » 2018-05-08, 6:47

I will start with my home town Rome this is a Neighborhood near Parioli named the Coppedè Neighborhood in a Gothic style not knowed by tourists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhyG7ryrI4g

IpseDixit

Re: Amazing places that surround your city ?

Postby IpseDixit » 2018-05-08, 14:42

I think Gothic is not the right term since it's a medieval architecture style. Honestly, to me it looks like Art Nouveau/Deco with a tinge of neo-Gothic elements maybe.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2018-05-08, 15:24

"Surround" means more or less "encircle". You could say that Chicago is "surrounded by suburbs", but any which suburb would be described as "near Chicago".

Since not everyone posting here is in a city, "Amazing places near you" would be a more inclusive subject.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

sandrodream

Postby sandrodream » 2018-05-08, 16:58

linguoboy wrote:"Surround" means more or less "encircle". You could say that Chicago is "surrounded by suburbs", but any which suburb would be described as "near Chicago".

Since not everyone posting here is in a city, "Amazing places near you" would be a more inclusive subject.

Really ? thank you ....Buono a sapersi !!!

sandrodream

Postby sandrodream » 2018-05-08, 17:00

IpseDixit wrote:I think Gothic is not the right term since it's a medieval architecture style. Honestly, to me it looks like Art Nouveau/Deco with a tinge of neo-Gothic elements maybe.

this part of Rome appeared in a Dario Argento film "Inferno" ...the Area is located in a luxury part of north Roma

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2018-05-08, 17:18

sandrodream wrote:
IpseDixit wrote:I think Gothic is not the right term since it's a medieval architecture style. Honestly, to me it looks like Art Nouveau/Deco with a tinge of neo-Gothic elements maybe.

this part of Rome appeared in a Dario Argento film "Inferno" ...the Area is located in a luxury part of north Roma

...so what?

sandrodream

Postby sandrodream » 2018-05-08, 17:25

una curiosità riguardo il quartiere in questione :)

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2018-05-08, 17:34

Ah ok, pensavo volessi dirmi che è gotico perché Dario Argento ci ha girato un film.

Return to “Culture”