Water in toilet sinks

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator: Forum Administrators

IpseDixit

Re: Water in toilet sinks

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-09-19, 12:41

Hoog, have you tried natural, non-aggressive products? I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you can find some good stuff in specialized shops like Lush for example.

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2014-09-19, 17:46

Sidenote: Argh, I hate the Lush stores, the cacophony of perfume stink gives me headache from 10m away. :x

I would recommend vegetable oil based soap. I used to react to ordinary hand soap, too, and I used a liquid flax seed oil soap for years. I think I've recommended it to someone on UL before, was it you, Hoost? Sorry for repeating myself in that case. :P

Luckily nowadays I can use good quality hypo-perfum liquid soaps, so I stopped using the oil soap.
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-09-19, 18:23

Varislintu wrote:Sidenote: Argh, I hate the Lush stores, the cacophony of perfume stink gives me headache from 10m away. :x

I love them for the same reason :lol:

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2014-09-19, 19:14

As someone who says "bathroom", I found the title of this thread royally confusing. :o Anyway, I don't think I've encountered a non-adjustable tap that ran warm water on purpose. Like loqu, I would only expect that if the pipe had been in the sun. As for drinking-water concerns, non-adjustable taps are only found in public bathrooms around here, and I don't think anyone risks drinking the water in those places. They don't exactly exude hygiene.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2014-09-23, 17:36

Varislintu wrote:Sidenote: Argh, I hate the Lush stores, the cacophony of perfume stink gives me headache from 10m away. :x

I would recommend vegetable oil based soap. I used to react to ordinary hand soap, too, and I used a liquid flax seed oil soap for years. I think I've recommended it to someone on UL before, was it you, Hoost? Sorry for repeating myself in that case. :P

Luckily nowadays I can use good quality hypo-perfum liquid soaps, so I stopped using the oil soap.

You may have, because I remember we have talked about our hatred of perfumes in soaps and shampoos and stuff like that before!

@Dormouse559: A bathroom to me has a shower and/or a bath... And yeah, I prefer my drinking water to be from kitchens too, but when I was in secundary school/ university there was no other option. But nowadays a lot of universities are participating in this nice project: http://join-the-pipe.org/
Native: Dutch
Learns: Indonesian and baby signs
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, French, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

Spaigelploatje

Postby Spaigelploatje » 2014-10-02, 1:36

From a non-adjustable tap I would expect cold water obviously. I've never seen it having hot/warm water, except those stupid old systems in the UK and Ireland where you have two taps :ohwell:...

In the Netherlands I would drink water from any 'normal' source. Whether it be a water from a tap in a toilet or kitchen.. I would never buy water from the supermarket since that's just throwing your money in a pit.

1000L clean water from any tap at home: €1.40
1L water from the supermarket: €0.50

Clean water from any other tap: Free and should taste the same since chlorine is not used (forbidden) here. Also tap water has stricter requirements than mineral water from a bottle in the supermarket.

Return to “Culture”