Which movie(s) have you watched lately?

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Antea

Re: Which movie(s) have you watched lately?

Postby Antea » 2020-08-15, 14:35

I just watched this film (Hindi/English)

aradii

Postby aradii » 2020-10-24, 15:41

Finished knives out and I think the direction is great, the performances are wonderful, and the pace is mostly good and the movie is a completely enjoyable, highly recommended.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2020-10-28, 21:04

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2020-10-31, 20:22

There was a really stupid controversy regarding that movie, and I remember arguing with dumb-ass Hindu trolls over it on Reddit who didn't even know the fucking story. This is pretty outrageous because it is an old and fairly well-known Indian story told even to children.

I recently watched "Turning Muslim in Texas." It's about white right-wingers in Texas converting to Islam. I find it pretty disturbing tbh.

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2020-11-03, 15:20

Руса́лка. О́зеро мёртвых (2018 )/ Mermaid: Lake of the Dead (2018 )

I got the DVD which is rare for me, but I had to see it in the original Russian. I can't say much without saying too much, but it's about a water spirit that haunts and kills people but we don't know why till it's nearing the end of the film. Definitely a good film. I think it's one of the best horror films I've watched recently and that's mainly what I watch
Eigi gegnir þat at segja at bók nøkkur er hreinferðug eðr ønnur spelluð því at vandliga ok dáliga eru bœkr ritnar ok annat kunnum vér eigi um þœr at dœma

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2020-11-20, 6:32

Månereisen på Netflix. Jeg tror det kalles "Over the Moon" på engelsk, men jeg så på det på norsk.

"Devil at the Crossroads" på engelsk. Om en legendarisk amerikansk gitarist. Også på Netflix. Jeg ser på nesten alt på Netflix.
English; français (B1); español (A2/B1, 3 años y trofeo Duo); română (un an + Duo Nivel 13); italiano (principiante; Duo Livello 19); norsk (A2/B1, Duolingo Nivå 24); kinesisk 中文 (beginner, Duo Lvl 十七)

Official Dabbling History: 1.5 semestre nihongo; 2 semestre Kiswahili; 3 lingvistikk klasser

Duome.eu stats (if link stops working, endret jeg brukernavn)

Return to “Culture”