Series on TV or the Internet

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Osias

Re: Series on TV or the Internet

Postby Osias » 2019-11-19, 16:04

She-ra 4th season in French.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Versus

Postby Versus » 2019-12-11, 21:39

I started to watch "Mandalorian" because I'm a big fan of Star Wars. Maybe I'm expected something else, but I'm not thrilled with the story that looks like SF western.

md0

Postby md0 » 2020-05-09, 9:36

I got a recommendation for a Thai TV series which is supposedly a 'very cute' gay romance. Moving past the terrible acting, the first episode consisted of a straight fuckboi being hit on by a femme gay guy who will not take no for an answer, and the fuckboi's attempts to intimidate the gay guy by trying (and failing) to have him beaten up. The episode ends with the fuckboi deciding to get another guy to fake being his boyfriend so that the femme guy will leave him alone (and eventually falling for him for real).

I didn't see anything cute or romantic into this, and all the gay in it was there to be mocked and threatened with violence. I really worry about the type of queer person who relies on a series like this one to model relationships off of.

The series is called '2gether'.
Last edited by md0 on 2020-05-09, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Netherlands Dutch (nl)Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)

Aurinĭa
Forum Administrator

Postby Aurinĭa » 2020-05-09, 13:43

md0 wrote:I got a recommendation for a Thai TV series which is supposedly a 'very cute' gay romance. Moving past the terrible acting, the first episode consisted of a straight fuckboi being hit by a femme gay guy who will not take now for an answer, and the fuckboi's attempts to intimidate the gay guy by trying (and failing) to have him beaten up. The episode ends with the fuckboi deciding to get another guy to fake being his boyfriend so that the femme guy will leave him alone (and eventually falling for him for real).

... what.
How do people even come up with such ridiculous ideas?

Return to “Culture”