Which movie(s) have you watched lately?

This forum is to learn about foreign cultures and habits, because language skills are not everything you need as a world citizen...

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Osias
Re: Which movie(s) have you watched lately?

Postby Osias » 2022-03-15, 12:58

I've seen Yesterday for the third time, now it's available on streaming.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-03-16, 18:59

Antea wrote:I just watched this film (Hindi/English)

I think that's the only movie that's been mentioned on the previous page of this thread and that I've actually seen, other than the two I mentioned in my last post. This is probably the best Indian movie I've seen from the last twelve years (which isn't saying much since I've barely seen any).

MehwishYati

Postby MehwishYati » 2022-06-27, 11:50

John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness. A surprisingly underrated horror movie that actually seems to get H.P. Lovecraft

Osias

Postby Osias » 2022-06-27, 12:38

(pt-br)Olá, bem-vinda ao fórum Unilang, espero que você curta o site e escreva em outros lugares além dos seus posts iniciais. E que participe dos jogos de línguas e tente aprender português brasileiro. Sugiro também preencher os dados do perfil com quais línguas estuda ou fala e se apresentar neste tópico: https://forum.unilang.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37190

(en)Hi, welcome to Unilang forum, I hope you enjoy the site and write in another places beyond your initial posts. And that you play the language games and try and learn Brazilian Portuguese. I suggest also you to fill your personal profile with the language you study or speak and introduce yourself on that thread: https://forum.unilang.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37190
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

ges_651

Postby ges_651 » 2022-07-25, 13:48

I watch “Rango” movie late night. The gist of the story is that (Ordinary Rango is a chameleon who, by a series of unfortunate events, finds himself in the town of Dirt, a lawless outpost in the Wild West that is in urgent need of a new sheriff).
Posted By Sim Ges

Osias

Postby Osias » 2022-07-25, 22:41

(pt-br)Olá, bem-vindo ao fórum Unilang, espero que você curta o site e escreva em outros lugares além dos seus posts iniciais. E que participe dos jogos de línguas e tente aprender português brasileiro. Sugiro também preencher os dados do perfil com quais línguas estuda ou fala e se apresentar neste tópico: https://forum.unilang.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37190

(en)Hi, welcome to Unilang forum, I hope you enjoy the site and write in another places beyond your initial posts. And that you play the language games and try and learn Brazilian Portuguese. I suggest also you to fill your personal profile with the language you study or speak and introduce yourself on that thread: https://forum.unilang.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37190

mōdgethanc

Postby mōdgethanc » 2022-08-09, 10:58

I tried to watch the Violet Evergarden movie but it's so long my ADHD could not handle it. Will watch the rest another day.
[ˈmoːdjeðɑŋk]

md0

Postby md0 » 2023-03-14, 21:26

I watched The Breakfast Club (1985) a couple of days ago for the first time. Despite everything that aged poorly, it was actually quite fun to watch.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2023-03-15, 15:32

md0 wrote:I watched The Breakfast Club (1985) a couple of days ago for the first time. Despite everything that aged poorly, it was actually quite fun to watch.

My best gay friend in high school LOVED this movie. He could recite the entire essay (the one you hear over the closing scenes) from heart. I never really cared for it though. The film is just so in love with Judd Nelson's bad boy character. Plus, as a hopeless nerd, I was keenly aware that the hopeless nerd is the only one who winds up without a partner.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

md0

Postby md0 » 2023-03-15, 22:00

linguoboy wrote:My best gay friend in high school LOVED this movie. He could recite the entire essay (the one you hear over the closing scenes) from heart. I never really cared for it though. The film is just so in love with Judd Nelson's bad boy character. Plus, as a hopeless nerd, I was keenly aware that the hopeless nerd is the only one who winds up without a partner.

I think that in my viewing, my brain worked overtime to tune out all the romances, because nothing about them has anything good to say. I found myself enjoying both the nerd and the jock characters because of their frankly identical back-story that resonates with me.
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

md0

Postby md0 » 2023-04-12, 17:10

A friend shared their Netflix password with me, and I was scrolling through the German films. The sneak peak for Vorstadtkrokodile (2009) caught my attention by how unreasonably high the tension was for a children's film. And you know what, it worked, this was hilarious in the same way over-the-top action anime are :lol:

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2023-06-22, 20:06

I've just watched Tetris and while I knew that the story to get the rights for the game was complicated, I didn't expect it to become such a good film. The almost two hours just flew by. The film is mostly in English, with Russian and some Japanese used, too, BTW.
Please correct my mistakes!

Osias

Postby Osias » 2023-06-24, 23:57

I watched the new Spider-man cartoon on the theater, Spiderverse 2, and loved it. Miles Morales is the main character, but my favorites were Gwen and Miguel. Too bad Miguel wasn't the same guy as in the comics but it's a start.

md0

Postby md0 » 2023-07-15, 20:47

Currently watching Netflix's Tall Girl and I'm already disappointed. The Tiny Guy, Huge Girl trope is normally something I enjoy because, well, the characterisation tends to be wholesome. Not so much here, and if the trope is played straight, it's going to be rewarded by the plot.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2023-07-17, 11:40

Elemental. Pixar's cartoon. It's good. Romantic comedy.

md0

Postby md0 » 2023-07-20, 9:33

md0 wrote:Currently watching Netflix's Tall Girl and I'm already disappointed.

Tall Girl 2 was slightly less bad. Tiny bit. Mostly because of the main character's sister, Harper.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before was genuinely good.

Which leads me to believe that my current film craving is depictions of sisterhood.

loqu

Postby loqu » 2023-07-24, 13:55

Watched Barbie with my bf yesterday. It has a seemingly simple plot, but I like how they used the irony to ridicule patriarchy. Not a masterpiece, but I enjoyed it.
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2023-07-29, 12:06

I tried to watch it last saturday afternoon but all the movie theaters were sold out (?), even the later times (for the night sessions) _and_ Oppenheimer was also sold out. The shopping mall was filled up (?) with people wearing pink and boyfriends in drag.

md0

Postby md0 » 2023-09-21, 23:10

I watched (fi) Fallen Leaves (Kuolleet lehdet) tonight.
It was a good time, although for a Nordic film, it was a bit too upbeat :lol: Some good music in it as well, I listened to all the Maustetytöt albums on my way home.

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2023-10-31, 21:21

I watched the Super Mario Bros. Movie today and it's alright. There's plenty of fan service, so fans will get something out of it, but the story is not worth mentioning. 6/10
Please correct my mistakes!

Return to “Culture”