Bulimia nervosa

Gormur
Re: Bulimia nervosa

Postby Gormur » 2008-12-03, 20:26

nighean-neonach wrote:
Gormur wrote:The paradox is that I have better-than-average interpersonal skills and becoming intimate with others..but again, I simultaneously show little interest in other people.

You know what this is usually called over here in plain old Europe? Egocentric (aka spoilt-child-syndrome) :lol:

That's funny, cause I was ignored as a child and my parents barely scraped by while I was growing up.
Eigi gegnir þat at segja at bók nøkkur er hreinferðug eðr ønnur spelluð því at vandliga ok dáliga eru bœkr ritnar ok annat kunnum vér eigi um þœr at dœma

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-12-03, 23:30

nighean-neonach wrote:
Vogelvrij wrote:I think this is a really weird advice. Like everyone has a passion for sports... Well, not me :| Besides, too many sports isn't that healthy either.

Besides, sports itself can be an addiction - it rather often appears in combination with eating disorders...two of my friends who suffered from eating disorders where also obsessed with sports/exercise. It all comes down to a totally distorted relation to your body.

Fine, then tell him not to do sports or not to change his life :D
Btw, you can't be serious you really so misunderstood my post? I wrote "healthy way", just because you had some friends who did it too much, sports can be done in a big amount and still stay to be healthy if you choose the right one. :wink:

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2008-12-04, 13:37

Levo wrote:
Fine, then tell him not to do sports or not to change his life :D
Btw, you can't be serious you really so misunderstood my post? I wrote "healthy way", just because you had some friends who did it too much, sports can be done in a big amount and still stay to be healthy if you choose the right one. :wink:

I'm sorry, but I didn't read the words 'healthy way'. And I think it is just stupid to say to someone who might have boulimia that he must try to find a nice sports. A very common aspect of eating disorders is that you try to lose weight by sporting. Gormur says he sports once a day, why would he need to do that more. Changing your life + eat habits is not about doing more sports, on the contrary.
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

Trapy

Postby Trapy » 2008-12-04, 19:36

Vogelvrij wrote: A very common aspect of eating disorders is that you try to lose weight by sporting. Gormur says he sports once a day, why would he need to do that more. Changing your life + eat habits is not about doing more sports, on the contrary.

He could try to change the sport. Instead of a cardiovascular sport, such as Jogging, Running, and to a lesser extent Tennis, try one in which bulk = advantage, such as Football (Which is mostly Cardio, but you need abs and leg muscles), weight lifting (best option for gaining bulk), Swimming (which is very cardio but requires strong overall body) or boxing (build that upper body).

While you can do any of those without "gaining bulk", muscle is an advantage, and you would want to eat those fatty, meaty foods and tons of grain to improve yourself.

But I agree more sport does not equal healthier and gain weight back. I'm quite scrawny myself, and when I was doing cardio workouts, I was actually told to stop because I was loosing weight faster than I could replace it with calories, instead of gaining any muscle.
"and now every toilet will burn to ashes!""

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-12-05, 0:44

I have a home gym in my room with free weights. I actually don't do much cardio because I have a fast metabolism and burn calories fast. Even tho I eat 7 times a day I'm still underweight.
Eigi gegnir þat at segja at bók nøkkur er hreinferðug eðr ønnur spelluð því at vandliga ok dáliga eru bœkr ritnar ok annat kunnum vér eigi um þœr at dœma

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2008-12-05, 9:03

Gormur wrote:I have a home gym in my room with free weights. I actually don't do much cardio because I have a fast metabolism and burn calories fast. Even tho I eat 7 times a day I'm still underweight.

Are you sure that you eat too much and unhealthy then? If you are still underweight, your body may be craving for more food?

Corrections appreciated.

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-12-05, 17:03

Actually I get extreme constipation from eating the amount of food I take in every day..so I drink a lot of coffee, water, and tea to go to the bathroom. I don't eat because of hunger. I haven't even felt hungry in about 2 months. My body craves the insulin release from all the calories I take in. I sometimes pass out after a binge. I guess I like the buzz I get from all the caloric intake, but then I crash hard.

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2008-12-05, 18:32

Gormur wrote:Actually I get extreme constipation from eating the amount of food I take in every day..so I drink a lot of coffee, water, and tea to go to the bathroom. I don't eat because of hunger. I haven't even felt hungry in about 2 months. My body craves the insulin release from all the calories I take in. I sometimes pass out after a binge. I guess I like the buzz I get from all the caloric intake, but then I crash hard.

Well okay, that's clear at least. I think the biggest problem is then the insulin release you crave for, right? And you know, I think you could change that on yourself, I think you have the strength to say: okay, I stop binging, I'm going to eat in a healthier way. But I also think that you will look for other ways to get a kind of buzz, because that is how these things go, I think you know that too. So maybe professional help would be best, to get rid of these addictioncycle.

Corrections appreciated.

Return to “General Topics”