Acid test

Gormur
Acid test

Postby Gormur » 2008-10-28, 3:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE-xvZCP-_Y

Stare at the center then look away. Enjoy. 8-)
Eigi gegnir þat at segja at bók nøkkur er hreinferðug eðr ønnur spelluð því at vandliga ok dáliga eru bœkr ritnar ok annat kunnum vér eigi um þœr at dœma

Nukalurk

Re: Acid test

Postby Nukalurk » 2008-10-28, 3:42

Do you have nothing else to do? ;)

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-10-28, 3:47

Amikeco wrote:Do you have nothing else to do? ;)

Not tonight. It's the first night I haven't gone out in 2 weeks straight tho, so I'm just chillin and recovering. You?
Eigi gegnir þat at segja at bók nøkkur er hreinferðug eðr ønnur spelluð því at vandliga ok dáliga eru bœkr ritnar ok annat kunnum vér eigi um þœr at dœma

Smitty

Postby Smitty » 2008-10-28, 17:57

That was trippy! :infinity:

Trapy

Postby Trapy » 2008-10-28, 22:05

Faking 'A that was cool. I was resisting at first, but once you really really relax and just "stare" not "look", it works.
"and now every toilet will burn to ashes!""

proycon
Server Administrator

Postby proycon » 2008-10-29, 10:40

i guess I'm too geeky, I thought you meant the browser-compatibility test: http://www.acidtests.org/
Language is the dress of thought -- Samuel Johnson
my homepage

CoBB

Postby CoBB » 2008-10-29, 11:10

proycon wrote:i guess I'm too geeky, I thought you meant the browser-compatibility test: http://www.acidtests.org/

I had the exact same thought. :lol:

Pontosan ugyanerre gondoltam. :lol:
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

Tenebrarum

Postby Tenebrarum » 2008-10-29, 11:18

CoBB wrote:
proycon wrote:i guess I'm too geeky, I thought you meant the browser-compatibility test: http://www.acidtests.org/

I had the exact same thought. :lol:

Me too.

Oh, and that was great :shock: Though it's harmful to torture your eyes that way :wink:
!Chalice! Communion wafer of the tabernacle

Smitty

Postby Smitty » 2008-10-29, 12:03

That's what I thought at first too!

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-10-29, 16:31

I had more this in mind...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_Tests

darkina

Postby darkina » 2008-11-01, 23:51

I want to do it but I'm kind of scared :para: :oops:
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

linguaholic

Postby linguaholic » 2008-11-02, 14:44

The effect wasn't that strong for me, but interesting. Now I feel slightly dizzy. I can think of better ways of spending my money than on acid.
native: Deutsch / advanced: English, Nederlands / intermediate: Esperanto / forgotten: Français / fighting my way through: עברית מקראית / dreaming of: Čeština, עברית / admiring from a safe distance: فارسی

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-11-06, 9:30

linguaholic wrote:The effect wasn't that strong for me, but interesting. Now I feel slightly dizzy. I can think of better ways of spending my money than on acid.

Do you know what the legal status of LSD is in the Netherlands? I've found a few sources saying it is often tolerated/decriminalized, some that it is illegal and others that it's legal...can't seem to find any clear answer, but I'd like to know for the next time I go there!

linguaholic

Postby linguaholic » 2008-11-06, 9:47

No, sorry. I have only lived here for a few months and am not interested in doing drugs. Have seen a shop selling "magic mushrooms" and similar stuff though.
native: Deutsch / advanced: English, Nederlands / intermediate: Esperanto / forgotten: Français / fighting my way through: עברית מקראית / dreaming of: Čeština, עברית / admiring from a safe distance: فارسی

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-11-13, 5:14

I thought this was interesting, so I'll share it:

Netherlands #
LSD is list I / schedule I in the Netherlands. This makes it illegal to possess, distribute, and produce without a license. The use of LSD is not illegal. Source: http://www.trimbos.nl/default14550.html. (thanks A)

Source: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_law.shtml

Seems really contradictory to me. :?

Zorba

Postby Zorba » 2008-11-13, 5:41

It's consistent with the Netherlands drug policy, which aims to restrict drug use through tolerating drug use and providing an environment for the safe use of soft drugs, and not punishing drug-users, but having formal legal penalties against drug producers and pushers in case they need to be enforced. Producing and selling cannabis and the business of the (in)famous "coffee shops" are technically illegal as well, but it is much easier to purchase cannabis than it is to buy cigarettes or alcohol in the USA.

That said, there is evidence the Netherlands is tightening up on its drug policy. New licenses for "coffee shops" are no longer approved. The current coffee shops cater mainly to tourists: I saw very few Dutch people in the coffeeshops when I was in Amsterdam. Their attitude seems very much "We don't want to do it, but we don't care if others want to do it." Note also that this year the Dutch parliament has passed a bill making the production, sale and consumption of shrooms illegal.

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-11-13, 16:20

I don't understand how 'shrooms could be illegal. They can't even be regulated, since they grow in the wild..oh well. It's like trying to outlaw other fungi (even ergot, used to produce LSD, can easily be found if one knows where to look). People will always be able to buy grow kits online or in headshops regardless.

I suppose having a license to make, possess, and distribute LSD makes some degree of sense..but what kind of license would that be? The Netherlands produces quite a bit of LSD, too. Not as much as San Francisco, but not much less. (Don't ask me how I know this. I just do. :wink: ).

'''

Postby ''' » 2008-11-13, 16:38

Peotl is also illegal even though it's found to grow in the wild.

I tried it (the clip) it just made the things in the center of my vision look as though I had a lense there. cool, but as an ophtalmologist's son, not novel. Still fun, but I'll take my acid now thanks.

cool song
26/♂/hetero/Hu/★☭/PRESCRIPTIVIST
(en)(hu) - native
(de)(fr)(fa) - intermediate

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-11-13, 19:17

''' wrote:Peotl is also illegal even though it's found to grow in the wild.

I tried it (the clip) it just made the things in the center of my vision look as though I had a lense there. cool, but as an ophtalmologist's son, not novel. Still fun, but I'll take my acid now thanks.

cool song

Apparently, one needs more than a clip to trip...

The effective dose for mescaline is about 300 to 500 mg (equivalent to roughly 5 grams of dried peyote) and the effects last about 10 to 12 hours.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote

And here there is yet another contradictory law (no surprise really):

United States

United States federal law (and many state laws) protects the harvest, possession, consumption and cultivation of peyote as part of "bonafide religious ceremonies" (the federal statute is 42 USC §1996a, "Traditional Indian religious use of the peyote sacrament," exempting only Native American use, while some state laws exempt any general "bonafide religious activity"). American jurisdictions enacted these specific statutory exemptions in reaction to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Employment Division v. Smith, 494 U.S. 872 (1990), which held that laws prohibiting the use of peyote that do not specifically exempt religious use nevertheless do not violate the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment. Peyote is listed by the United States DEA as a Schedule I controlled substance. Although many American jurisdictions specifically allow religious use of peyote, religious or therapeutic use not under the aegis of the Native American Church has often been targeted by local law enforcement agencies, and non-Natives attempting to establish spiritual centers based on the consumption of peyote as a sacrament or as medicine, such as the Peyote Foundation in Arizona, have been prosecuted. The Peyote Way Church of God [2] in Arizona is a spiritual center that welcomes all races to Peyotism.

Gormur

Postby Gormur » 2008-11-13, 19:21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ42SqtLlLE

POV ayahuasca trip from the movie Blueberry

Any idea what language is being spoken (besides English)? I thought maybe Navajo.

Return to “General Topics”