Podcasts

Strigo
Re: Podcasts

Postby Strigo » 2008-09-09, 20:53

Do you know good podcasts in (Modern) Hebrew?
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

jaybee

Postby jaybee » 2008-09-09, 21:06

Strigo wrote:Do you know good podcasts in (Modern) Hebrew?

Oh right! I forgot about that one!
Here's the website:
http://learnhebrewpod.com/

It's pretty good. I only listen to the first few ones so far. You can subscribe by iTunes, and they have extra lessons and exercises on their website.

Strigo

Postby Strigo » 2008-09-09, 21:22

jaybee wrote:
Strigo wrote:Do you know good podcasts in (Modern) Hebrew?

Oh right! I forgot about that one!
Here's the website:
http://learnhebrewpod.com/

It's pretty good. I only listen to the first few ones so far. You can subscribe by iTunes, and they have extra lessons and exercises on their website.

Thanks, I'll listen to it.
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

skye

Postby skye » 2008-09-10, 20:27

Weird to see your one year old posts so off-topic.

Anyway here are the podcasts of the Slovenian national radio and televison if anyone would like to listen to them:
http://www.rtvslo.si/podcast

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2008-09-11, 18:55

Thanks!

jaybee wrote:Radio France International: http://www.rfi.fr/lfen/statiques/accueil.asp
This has loads of fun activities and really neat stuff. It also has a simplified version of their news along with a script so you can read along. You can also listen to their online radio station.

They have a lot of stuff, unfortunately, some of their "normal" (i.e. not aimed to teach the language) podcasts are quite lengthy.

Radio Lingua Network: http://radiolingua.com/ourpodcasts/index.html
Here are some of my favorite language learning podcasts. You can find audio files as well as some pdf. guides.

Anything you can recommend?

@Eoghan: I had Språket running in the background the other day and it seemed to be interesting. I only listened to the beginning of Spanarna, didn't understand much, but the guys seem to be completely crazy. :lol:
Please correct my mistakes!

Eoghan

Postby Eoghan » 2008-09-11, 19:02

@Eoghan: I had Språket running in the background the other day and it seemed to be interesting. I only listened to the beginning of Spanarna, didn't understand much, but the guys seem to be completely crazy. :lol:

Well... They are :lol:

jaybee

Postby jaybee » 2008-09-11, 22:57

Car wrote:They have a lot of stuff, unfortunately, some of their "normal" (i.e. not aimed to teach the language) podcasts are quite lengthy.

Yes. Sometimes I would listen to some of the long ones or their radio station while I surf the internet so I can get used to the speaking pace and pick up some of the phrases. What's really nice is that one of their radio stations is multilingual, and they have some shows that are meant for teaching.. I think they have a schedule somewhere on the website. You can listen to it from your computer by opening iTunes>Advance>Open stream> paste the following link: http://91.121.62.121:8110/listen.pls
you can also try:
http://91.121.62.121:8130/listen.pls
http://www.tv-radio.com/station/rfimond ... p3-64k.pls

Anything you can recommend?

It depends on which of the languages they have you would like to know about. I've only listened to a couple so far. If you want to learn some basic phrases the 'mydailyphrase' podcasts are really useful and are about 5 minutes long. And the 'coffebreak' ones go a bit more deeper than your basic phrases.

I'm glad you liked them. I have loads of nice links that I'm meaning to post soon. It's just that they are scattered around in my computer. I will have to go through the dreadful deed of doing some organizing! I'm somewhat messy when I place things. I need to format my computer anyway, so I'll set aside some time to do some tidying.. :cry:

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-09-22, 9:04

Car wrote:Can anyone recomend any podcasts for Business English, Business French, Spanish (Hispanorama doesn't seem to be updated any longer)? Preferably more than once a week. I'm also looking for Danish, Swedish, Italian and Portuguese podcasts, here, once a week would be fine, too.

I'm also looking for audio books in French, Spanish, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Italian or Portuguese.

Anything is fine as long as it doesn't make me fall asleep (*cough* 2000 ans d'histoire *cough*).

Audio books are incredibly easy to get. You live in Germany! That's not that far away from the places that speak those languages. (Compared to the USA at least. Lol)

I found this. Now I just need to go get my card. I like that site a lot.

A first look shows this one to be really interesting too. Plus those are free.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2008-09-22, 19:53

ILuvEire wrote:Audio books are incredibly easy to get. You live in Germany! That's not that far away from the places that speak those languages. (Compared to the USA at least. Lol)

:lol:

A first look shows this one to be really interesting too. Plus those are free.

That looks great! As I'm not learning Italian yet, but just want to get used to it, it should be perfect. Thanks!

Junesun

Postby Junesun » 2008-10-01, 16:13

In March I was hired to do GermanPod101.com so I can recommend it to anybody who is out there learning German. :wink: We do 3-5 podcasts a week and already have more than 100 lessons online, for absolute newbies, beginners, intermediates (German through songs) and advanced learners. The podcasts are completely free, but if you want to get the supplementary material (transcripts, notes, various exercises, separate audio files for dialog, dialog lines and vocabulary items) you have to get a subscription. I think it's very fair.

The same company also operates JapanesePod101.com, KoreanClass101.com, SpanishPod101.com, ItalianPod101.com, FrenchPod101.com, RussianPod101.com, ArabicPod101.com and EnglishPod101.com (English for Japanese speakers), so you can expect a similar approach and similar quality there. Hope this helps all of you who use podcasts as tool of choice for learning languages!

unzum

Postby unzum » 2008-10-28, 13:21

Hey Car, if you're still looking for French podcasts I'd recommend La revue de Presque (not to be mixed up with 'La revue de presse').
It's really funny, it's basically a kind-of parody news show, where they interview lots of famous politicians (like Nicolas Sarkozy), but of course it isn't actually them, it's just this comedian doing different voices for each one. Although I don't follow French politics at all it's pretty funny listening to all the exaggerated accents. :)

I listen to Japanesepod101 quite a bit as well. I think it's much better when you get past the beginner's levels. For the lower-intermediate podcasts they use maybe 50% English, 50% Japanese; for the intermediate podcasts they use maybe 75% Japanese, 25% English.

Also, I've heard good things about the JUNK podcast for Japanese. A Japanese friend of mine is subscribed to all the shows, there's about 9 or 10 different JUNK podcasts!

Also for English learners my friend also likes listening to Scott Mills on BBC Radio 1. He was asking me the other day about the two nuns in a bath joke he'd heard on it. :oops:
Learning: [flag]ja[/flag] [flag]zh.Hans[/flag] [flag]yue.Hant[/flag] (hiatus)
Some day: [flag]ko[/flag] [flag]mn[/flag] [flag]vi[/flag] [flag]km[/flag] [flag]de[/flag] [flag]ms[/flag] [flag]bn[/flag]
Abandoned: [flag]fr[/flag]
Translations: Balinese lessons & Sundanese lessons

linguaholic

Postby linguaholic » 2008-10-28, 13:52

Does anybody know any good Esperanto listening material? I know Radio Verda, but they seem to be speaking extra slowly and clearly, if I am not mistaken. (Fine for now, but I'd like to practice listening to normal speed as well.)
native: Deutsch / advanced: English, Nederlands / intermediate: Esperanto / forgotten: Français / fighting my way through: עברית מקראית / dreaming of: Čeština, עברית / admiring from a safe distance: فارسی

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2008-10-28, 19:17

unzum wrote:Hey Car, if you're still looking for French podcasts I'd recommend La revue de Presque (not to be mixed up with 'La revue de presse').
It's really funny, it's basically a kind-of parody news show, where they interview lots of famous politicians (like Nicolas Sarkozy), but of course it isn't actually them, it's just this comedian doing different voices for each one. Although I don't follow French politics at all it's pretty funny listening to all the exaggerated accents. :)

I wondered what kind of podcast that actually is, it surely sounds like something I'd like. I'll download it as soon as I have a bit more time.

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2008-11-09, 21:01

unzum, I managed to listen to two "La revue de Presque" podcasts and I laughed a lot! I didn't always find it easy to understand and often, I didn't even know what they were referring to, but it was funny anyway because of the accents. :cool:

Return to “General Topics”