Sexual innuendos at school

Boes
Sexual innuendos at school

Postby Boes » 2008-12-23, 18:33

I don't know why, but it just sprung to my mind when I was setting up the Christmas tree. :D

Are there particular phrases a teacher ever used/uses in class (whether regularly or incidentally) which (could be/are) interpreted otherwise (by hormone gushing teenagers)? :wink:

In Dutch I could only think of 2;

# "Wie zal ik een beurt geven?" (Who shall I give the question to?, but equally "Who will I screw?"; as in sexual intercourse)

and,

# "Je moet aftrekken" (You need to subtract -a number-, but equally "You need to masturbate")

Any examples in your language(s)?

kibo

Re: Sexual innuendos at school

Postby kibo » 2008-12-23, 19:53

In Serbian the verb svršiti has a slightly archaic meaning "to finish". I had a few (very old) teachers that used to say "Da li ste svršili?" which for them meant "Are you finished?" but students (and most people) would interpret it as "Did you have an orgasm?". ;)
Goals:
[flag=]es[/flag] ➜ C1 (DELE)
[flag=]de[/flag] ➜ B2 (Goethe-Zertifikat) / C1
[flag=]sv[/flag] ➜ B1/B2

Dminor
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dminor » 2008-12-23, 20:15

In Dutch there is a similar word: klaarkomen. It usually means 'to have an orgasm', but another meaning is 'to finish'. So a teacher might (but usually won't) say 'Kom je er wel op tijd mee klaar?', intending 'Will you finish it in time?', but probably rather understood as 'Will you have an orgasm with it in time?'...

Yn it Hollânsk is der in ferlykber wurd: klaarkomen. It betsjut ornaris 'in orgasme hawwe', mar in oare betsjutting is 'ôfmeitsje'. Dat in dosint soe sizze kinne (mar it ornaris net dwaan): 'Kom je er wel op tijd mee klaar?', mei de bedoeling om 'krijst it betiids âf?' te sizzen, maar nei alle gedachten sil 'silst der betiids in orgasme mei krije?' begripen wurde...
काव्यशास्त्रविनोदेन कालो गच्छति धीमताम् । व्यसनेन च मूर्खाणां निद्रया कलहेन वा

hashi

Postby hashi » 2008-12-23, 21:56

We have that in english too if you take something the wrong way.

I remember in calculus class someone was writing the answer to a question on the whiteboard and he got stuck and our teacher helpfully asked "do you want me to do it with you?". He took "do it" to mean have sex and he started laughing.

Theres alot more but ill post when I can remember them.
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2008-12-23, 22:28

How did you manage to think of this while decorating the Christmas tree...? :para:

Well, my old classmate from last year got this teacher this year, who actually warned them that she "might be interpreting things different than others" without them understandign what she meant... And then there was this task about asking your classmate and then one of the pupils aksed her followed by laughter from her, almost resulting in suffocation :P :
"Skal vi ta deg òg?" <- 'Shall we take you too' <- Should we have sex with you too? (man to wman)

Å ta noen basically means 'to take somone' which then again could mean part of sex where the man's active ;) It's pretty weird to misinterpret this, but she warned them... :P

Not exactly the same, but having foreign teachers learning Norwegian sure is a lot of fun :lol: My French teacher from Congo wanted to say
"She loves the stuff in her room a lot" -> "Hun elsker tingene (sine) på rommet mye"
While he said:
"Hun elsker tingen sin, i romme mye" -> She loves her thing, wherein a lot accommodate

And "her thing"... We're teens, bored at school :P Of course we started laughing :P
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Kenny

Postby Kenny » 2008-12-23, 22:43

I can't think of anything like that in Hungarian ATM, but it reminded me of something else. Once upon a time, there was a geometrical problem and it involved having to look for a point. So assigning letters to all the points that appear throughout the solution of this problem, the teacher would say: you should try to find the G point. It took her like ~2 minutes to understand why everyone in class was laughing out loud.

darkina

Postby darkina » 2008-12-24, 22:50

The main thing was about finding double meanings in literature, especially about birds. Uccello means bird but it can be a slang word for male sexual organ, so that's a typical material for a laugh if you're 15... like there's an artist (as in, painter) called Paolo Uccello. Or that poem by Catullo that said "my girl's bird has died", which to us sounded like a sexual hint - moreover, the bird in question is "passero" (can't be bothered to look it up in English") and well, "passera" is a slang word for female sexual organ so that can be taken on many levels :P
Plus of course any word you can make a double meaning out of (I've just used "can be taken", literally translated in Italian that can sound naughty too, if you want to be really silly).
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-12-27, 3:05

"Do" is the most common verb in English, and it is very frequently interpreted as "have sexual intercourse." When working out a question together, someone shouted out "Ms., do me next!" meaning "let me solve the next question" but it was interpreted differently.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Mulder-21

Postby Mulder-21 » 2008-12-27, 4:09

One of the grades in the Faroese grade system is 6. Now, since this number, seks, is pronounced exactly as 'sex', it's always fun teasing someone/bragging about (depending on the hotness/gender of said teacher) getting 6 from a teacher. :)
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

Tenebrarum

Postby Tenebrarum » 2008-12-27, 7:40

Physical education in Vietnamese is thể dục, abbreviated TD, which most minds would read as tình dục ('sex').

Chemistry: The symbol for cooper is Cu, which is also a vulgar word for penis.

Maths: Bất đẳng thức BCS (Bunyakovski-Cauchy-Schwarz inequality) is read bất đẳng thức bao cao su ('inequality of condom').
!Chalice! Communion wafer of the tabernacle

Lietmotiv

Postby Lietmotiv » 2008-12-27, 9:15

Bolek wrote:In Serbian the verb svršiti has a slightly archaic meaning "to finish". I had a few (very old) teachers that used to say "Da li ste svršili?" which for them meant "Are you finished?" but students (and most people) would interpret it as "Did you have an orgasm?". ;)

The same meaning is in Romanian and Moldovian SĂVÂRŞÍ,(savyrshi) and it means to finnish,to get something done with success; it is also used in sexual meaning,like to cum(a săvârşit = he ended the sexual act and cumed)

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2008-12-27, 14:57

Mulder-21 wrote:One of the grades in the Faroese grade system is 6. Now, since this number, seks, is pronounced exactly as 'sex', it's always fun teasing someone/bragging about (depending on the hotness/gender of said teacher) getting 6 from a teacher. :)

Is that a good grade ? In Latvia 6 is medicore :D but this reminds me German class where everyone laughed about six being written as 'sex', we also had a good laugh about some other words not related with sex - 'bitte' in German means please, but is pronounced exactly as Latvian 'bite' which means bee, so whenever teacher asked someone to answer it sounded as if she was calling that student a bee, also German 'Süd' (south) reminds of Latvian 'Sūds' (shit). Simmilary 'alkāns' is slang word for alcoholic, but as we leraned in Chemistry alkāns is also some chemical substance. As for sex in Latvian 'to screw' is 'drāzt' (to carve) or 'jāt' (to ride), I imagine the last one could surfface in all kind of situations, but the first one appears in a clasic Latvian play Sprīdītis (Sprīdītis is a popular charecter in fairy tales: a very short boy, which I think is called thumbling in English), which is part of Literature course and usually, when something is read in Literature lessons, each student has to read out loud a fragment of the work; In the first act of the play there is a line describing the scene, stating that 'Sprīdītis drāž ripu' (Thumbling is carving a hoop), which usually causes the class to burst in laughter.

nighean-neonach

Postby nighean-neonach » 2008-12-27, 15:54

Sol Invictus wrote:but this reminds me German class where everyone laughed about six being written as 'sex'

It's not :shock:
6 = sechs
Writing poetry in: Scottish Gaelic, German, English.
Reading poetry in: Latin, Old Irish, French, Ancient Greek, Old Norse.
Talking to people in the shop in: Lithuanian, Norwegian, Irish Gaelic, Saami.
Listening to people talking in the shop in: Icelandic, Greenlandic, Finnish.

Lynch

Postby Lynch » 2008-12-30, 22:03

Hebrew as a few of these...
The most prominent one is with
לגמור
vs.
לסיים

pronounced:
ligmor
vs.
lesayem

Both mean "to finish" but the first one also has the sexual meaning of having an orgasm. Older Hebrew speakers would opt for the first in regular everyday language - but younger crowds would avoid it and replace is with the second.

As an example of this: about 3 years ago I moved from Israel to Los Angeles, California and moved in with my (now) wife's parents who left Israel about 20 years ago. The whole experience was a mind-opening linguistic experiment as I got a glimpse of what Hebrew was like 20 years ago and also of what expressions are the first to be burrowed from English directly into speech. They drive me nuts with asking me if I came every time that they wanted to know if I finished eating... lol

I specifically remember a time in second grade when we were reading out loud the story of this Russian guy called "Trumpeldor" who is a celebrated Zionist pioneer. His farm was attacked by Arab marauders (this is back in Ottoman Empire times) and they were armed.

Now, the word most used in modern Hebrew for armed would be:
חמושים
pronounced: chamushim
But a synonim for it would also be:
מזויינים
Pronounced: mezuyanim
The problem with the second one is that it also means "f*cked".
So as the 8 year old boy was reading, he read: "The f*cked marauders attacked the farm..."
We were 8, so what do you expect?

I also remember this History teacher who struck us all with fear in high school. He could totally control the classroom which is a big task behavior-control wise. But he would make us laugh unintentionally because every time he would catch someone passing a note in class, he would ask for the note and read it out loud to the entire class. What made us laugh was the way he went about demanding the note:
תביא לי ביד
tavi li bayad
Which literally means: give [it] to me in the hand... but in slang means: give me a hand job...
Lol!
אתה מתחיל הכי מהר שלך, ולאט-לאט אתה מגביר

Sol Invictus
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Sol Invictus » 2008-12-30, 23:21

nighean-neonach wrote:
Sol Invictus wrote:but this reminds me German class where everyone laughed about six being written as 'sex'

It's not :shock:
6 = sechs

OK, right, I suck at German and it's been time since I learned to count in it :oops: but there was something everyone found sexy about that word

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-12-31, 3:49

Some people in my German class have very funny pronunciations. My favorites are [seks], and [zwɔnzɪʃ].
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Mulder-21

Postby Mulder-21 » 2008-12-31, 4:47

Sol Invictus wrote:
Mulder-21 wrote:One of the grades in the Faroese grade system is 6. Now, since this number, seks, is pronounced exactly as 'sex', it's always fun teasing someone/bragging about (depending on the hotness/gender of said teacher) getting 6 from a teacher. :)

Is that a good grade ? In Latvia 6 is medicore :D

Well, getting a 6 means that you just barely passed, while a 5 indicates that you failed.
Gløgt er gestsins eyga. (Føroyskt orðafelli)
Wise is the stranger's eye. (Faroese saying)
L'occhio dell'ospite è acuto. (Proverbio faroico)
Hosťovo oko je múdre. (Faerské uslovie)

Fluent: Faroese, Danish, English, German
Almost fluent: Norwegian, Swedish
Basic: Slovak (studying), Spanish
Have studied: Hebrew, Russian
Interests: Ukrainian, Romanian, Italian, Albanian, Armenian, Ossetic, Hungarian, Estonian, Baltic languages

BezierCurve

Postby BezierCurve » 2008-12-31, 17:35

Thanks Lynch, that was very informative :lol:

No books will actually teach you things like that.
Brejkam wszystkie rule.

"I love tautologies, they're so ... tautological." Hunef

Duke of Prunes

Postby Duke of Prunes » 2009-01-03, 5:07

"la chatte" was something that was mistakenly used a lot in my French class.

Meh.

Return to “General Language Forum”