Mock languages

Levo
Re: Mock languages

Postby Levo » 2008-12-16, 22:00

Formiko wrote:This is Saturday Night Live's reoccurring sketch about Nöni and her partner Nöni. This is supposed to be how Americans view ALL Europeans. This is so funny, I had tears coming out of my eyes!
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/385617/vi ... t_dealers/

I knew Americans were bigott Mono- and even more egolingual but it's true that Nüni and Nuni also hit the top with the pronounciation of Pamela :D

Boes

Postby Boes » 2008-12-20, 22:32

From the 90s sketch show Jiskefet, this is what you get when you translate one of their traditional formats literally from Dutch to German. :P

Levo

Postby Levo » 2008-12-21, 13:42

Varislintu wrote:
Peeves wrote:Here's some Swedes speaking mock Finnish in a video that makes fun of Finns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op68Gh3BVEc

:o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was so surprisingly good I'm just amazed :lol:. Well, sometimes they "slip" and loose their grip of the imitation, but for the most part it's really good :o! If they have no actual Finnish skills, I'm impressed :yep:.

It's like listening to Sami or Estonian -- you expect to start understanding it any second :lol:. (And they do occasionally use real Finnish words in the clip, which makes it even more funny :P. "Mitä haluan tavata!? Kirjailija itsenäinen, ja Sirkulleko jalkapallo on kaksi kirjaa?!" :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Awesome!
Saffrani.
Hyvä was their jolly joker world and "...pää was for numbers :lol:

Peeves

Postby Peeves » 2008-12-21, 15:06

Varislintu wrote:
Peeves wrote:Here's some Swedes speaking mock Finnish in a video that makes fun of Finns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op68Gh3BVEc

:o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

That was so surprisingly good I'm just amazed :lol:. Well, sometimes they "slip" and loose their grip of the imitation, but for the most part it's really good :o! If they have no actual Finnish skills, I'm impressed :yep:.

It's like listening to Sami or Estonian -- you expect to start understanding it any second :lol:. (And they do occasionally use real Finnish words in the clip, which makes it even more funny :P. "Mitä haluan tavata!? Kirjailija itsenäinen, ja Sirkulleko jalkapallo on kaksi kirjaa?!" :lol: :lol: :lol:)

I thought it was funny how they translated "Minä rakastan sinua" (as well as a bunch of non-Finnish gibberish) as "Hej".

What was even funnier, though, was how the comments section turned into an area for Swedes and Finns to flame each other.

Return to “General Language Forum”