Ching chong

Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » 2007-12-19, 0:35

Aleco wrote:[[b]Icelandic: Norwegian words with an -ur: Heiur, erur du herur i dagur? ~ Hei, er du her i dag?

I do the same here with my french friends. Using French though, not Norwegian ;)
heyrðu, on va à la piscinur cet après-midur?

Finnish like Tostoia toiva tolla kaala

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2007-12-19, 13:05

Stacy wrote:Just remembered that we referred colloquially to the local chinese restaurant as "Hoo Flung Dung" (Who flung dung?)

But we didn't mean it negatively, it was a gorgeous takeaway :mrgreen:

Reminds me of those Chinese colloquial 'phrasebooks':

'There's a problem' - 'Sum Ting Wong' etc. :wink: :lol:
Moja ulica murem podzielona - świeci neonami prawa strona, lewa strona cała wygaszona, zza zasłony obserwuję obie strony.
Youtube Channel

NulNuk

Postby NulNuk » 2007-12-19, 23:57

Ching chong is a card game, I thongh you wanted to play over net.:0o
Every thing I write, wrote, or will write, its in my own opinion, for I have no other.
Release me from the duty of being polite and remind you, "I made use of my own brain".

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2007-12-20, 3:40

A common one in Haitian Creole: tilitili for French...it pokes fun at the 'peculiar' French u's and their 'overly' emphasized t's and l's. BTW, to fè tilitili means to pretend to speak French - literally, 'do tilitili'.

In English, Spanish is often mimicked with an ay ay ay, arriba, adding o's onto English words and saying random Mexican dishes (usually quesadilla, taco, burrito in some random order).
Actively learning: ImageImageOn the back burner but in love with:ImageImage A life-long endeavor: Image

darkina

Postby darkina » 2007-12-20, 12:28

Sisyphe wrote:In English, Spanish is often mimicked with an ay ay ay, arriba, adding o's onto English words and saying random Mexican dishes (usually quesadilla, taco, burrito in some random order).

Oh, we mock Spanish by adding S to any Italian word, and maybe if we go more sophisticated adding -iento :lol:
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

Levo

Postby Levo » 2007-12-20, 14:44

darkina wrote:
Sisyphe wrote:In English, Spanish is often mimicked with an ay ay ay, arriba, adding o's onto English words and saying random Mexican dishes (usually quesadilla, taco, burrito in some random order).

Oh, we mock Spanish by adding S to any Italian word, and maybe if we go more sophisticated adding -iento :lol:

"Dzsollottoláréééé" That can also be Italian here :D

Sisyphe

Postby Sisyphe » 2007-12-20, 15:35

darkina wrote:

We 'mock' Italian by adding o's and a's on the ends of words too...You might ask how we differentiate between Spanish and Italian : Italian's cadence, which we also imitate, makes it pretty clear which is which. :mrgreen: Oh yeah...we also punctuate everything with a 'mamma mia', 'pizza pie-a' or a 'ciao bello'. :P
Actively learning: ImageImageOn the back burner but in love with:ImageImage A life-long endeavor: Image

darkina

Postby darkina » 2007-12-21, 12:30

Sisyphe wrote:
We 'mock' Italian by adding o's and a's on the ends of words too...You might ask how we differentiate between Spanish and Italian : Italian's cadence, which we also imitate, makes it pretty clear which is which. :mrgreen: Oh yeah...we also punctuate everything with a 'mamma mia', 'pizza pie-a' or a 'ciao bello'. :P

Can't blame you really :P I think I still sound a bit like that sometimes :oops:
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

Nukalurk

Postby Nukalurk » 2007-12-21, 13:43

Here, Italian is usually envisioned with looots of "i"s. :D

sa wulfs

Postby sa wulfs » 2007-12-21, 14:25

Same here. We'd replace our -s plurals with -i, and use some strategically placed Italian words, like bambino, questo and ciao. Coupled with odd intonation and hand gestures, of course.
http://ungelicisus.blogspot.com
Hrōþabaírhts sa Wulfs | Hrōðbeorht se Wulf | Hróðbjartr Úlfrinn | Hruodperaht der Wolf | Hrôthberht thê Wulf

lishaoxuan

Postby lishaoxuan » 2007-12-22, 4:01

I've heard people mocking Korean by uttering some random sound and then adding the "-simnida".

And Japanese, adding "-masu".

polishboy

Re: Ching chong

Postby polishboy » 2008-12-20, 16:56

In one Polish comedy a woman put something in her mouth, before speaking English.
It was an old movie from communist times.
But nothing offensive.
There is an popular Englsihman in Poland Kevin Aiston.
And he laughted at it.
Czech language is often langhter at.
The same Czech peopel laugh at Polish.

polishboy

Postby polishboy » 2008-12-20, 17:00

Italian may be mocked by adding -o to Polish word.
pomidor =tomato
pomidoro
cebullo

Æxylis

Postby Æxylis » 2008-12-22, 5:27

here's the way I've heard imitations around my area, may have already been listed

spanish - a few different things apply here since it's so common
one is something like 'abupupupup' like they're running their mouth a million miles an hour
another one is to say every other word starting with 'el' and ending with '-o' (for example "I went for a ride-o in el carro to el store-o for some food-o")

french - basically a really nasal accent and a lot of obnoxious laughter like "hon hon hon"

italian - very accentuated speech, kind of like the spanish where everything ends in -o but with accents and hand gestures... kind of like mario's famous phrase at the beginning of mario64 "It's-A mE, mArio"

russian/polish - pretty much every word ending in 'ski'

german - basically just a lot of gutteral sounds and imitations of nazis and whatnot

swedish - a lot of /y/ sounds and a lot of /v/ sounds, and kind of a jumping way of speaking

japanese - not so much a modification of a way of pronouncing words, but a lot of people think they're cute and imitate the offset of the pronunciations in old dubbed anime movies so that they'll say some really short phrase while moving their mouths oddly, then keep moving their mouths for a little while afterwards

chinese - there is the ching-chong-ping-pong thing, but then there is also the whole 'confucius say' thing as well as the whole random gasping thing that somebody mentioned earlier
Если хочешь говорить со мной по скайпу, мой скайп нейм - jaakuuta
If you want to speak with me on Skype, my Skype name is jaakuuta

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-12-22, 6:30

Vietnamese: Nasal with the hỏi (hook accent) on everything. Well, pretty much like this.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Mongol

Postby Mongol » 2008-12-22, 21:30

During the fighting between Russia and Georgia, people listening to the Abkhazian language noticed that the Abkhazians were using all kinds of strange buzzing noises,
but Caucasian languages are just about the weirdest sounding languages in existence, but so fascinating.

Boes

Postby Boes » 2008-12-27, 17:41

Ayiaearel wrote:"Ching chong" is the typical racist imitation of what all Asian languages sound like (at least amongst English speakers). How do people imitate other languages in your country?

It might be something cultural, but why is that racist? :?

Anyway;

Some Dutch language jokes close to this topic ...

What's the Greek word for incest? Papalamepiemellos (Dutch:'daddy let my penis go')
What's the French word for vibrator? Pic d'electric (Dutch: 'electric dick')
What's the Spanish word for fingering? Porre va vore (Dutch: poking at the front)
What's the Swedish word for a blow job? Lullensmullen (Dutch: dick feasting)
What's the Danish word for group sex? Helemeuteneuke(Dutch: fucking a crowd)
What's the Finnish word for cunnilingus? Clitte licke(Dutch: clit licking)
What's the Russian word for a string? Ziepoesnetnie(Dutch: almost see pussy)

:wink:

Formiko

Postby Formiko » 2008-12-30, 8:08

Mongol wrote:During the fighting between Russia and Georgia, people listening to the Abkhazian language noticed that the Abkhazians were using all kinds of strange buzzing noises,
but Caucasian languages are just about the weirdest sounding languages in existence, but so fascinating.

Here is Shrek in Abkhaz. To me it sounds ANGRY, very close to Klingon. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZI6cRzT0ns
Cherokee Indian STILL improving German.
Getting reacquainted with Swahili Msaada!
In no particular order
[flag]eo[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]yo[/flag][flag]chr[/flag][flag]ru[/flag]

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2008-12-30, 8:18

This reminds me of a joke:

"I can speak four languages!
Really? Prove it.
Okay. French: [bõnõbõhõ] English: [wɑsːɔsːəsː] Swahili: [ǂ!ǂ!] Dutch: [gæxːkæx]"

I find it so funny, because Swahili has no clicks and Dutch has no /g/.
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

Tenebrarum

Postby Tenebrarum » 2008-12-30, 14:48

Formiko wrote:Here is Shrek in Abkhaz. To me it sounds ANGRY, very close to Klingon. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZI6cRzT0ns

I believe it's mainly due to the speaker.
!Chalice! Communion wafer of the tabernacle

Return to “General Language Forum”