Friulian (Furlan)

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
Klenje

Postby Klenje » 2006-09-05, 12:07

Traduzion:
O soi apene tornât di Lignan, e zirant cu la machine o ai notât ator i cartei bilengâi e mi ju soi segnÂts jù, par fâ une liste dai toponims par furlan.

Just a rough translation. Btw, there are already such lists on Internet, for example on Wikipedia.
http://fur.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_toponims_talian-furlan
this is the friulian version, but there's also an english version on en.wikipedia. Hope it's useful :)

The list doesn't contain the names of cities outside Friuli, such Venice/Venezia. But here it is a couple of them:
Padova - Padue
Verona - Verone
Treviso - Trevîs
Belluno - Belun
Milano - Milan
Roma - Rome
Torino - Turìn
Genova - Gjenue
Wien - Viene
Klagenfurt - Clanfurt
Villach - Vilàc

Irrisim

Postby Irrisim » 2006-09-17, 10:22

I didn't see that site ever, anyways.. Thanks.

jaled

Pordenone

Postby jaled » 2007-03-31, 3:08

Come dici Pordenone in Friuliano? A questa città abita la mia famiglia.

culúrien

Il Furlan

Postby culúrien » 2007-04-03, 11:12

Maimodant jo o ai vût čhatât un altri volte il gno amôr par lis lenghis minoritaris romanzis. Come la saradele e il furlan. A mi a plas l'ortografie di questis leghis. A mi lôr a son bielis. Culì sfrančhi qeste lenghe.

Recently I have rediscovered my love for the minority romance languages. Like Sardinian and Furlan. I like the orthography of these languages. To me they are beautiful. Here I'll practice this language.
استیسی

culúrien

Postby culúrien » 2007-04-04, 18:50

Vuê jo o presentarai jo stesso. O abiti a l'Amèriche al stât d'Ohio. O abiti cun mê mame e miei fradis. O ai doi čhans ančhe. O ai disevot ans. In Sierade studiarai il spagnûl e linghistic (jo o speri che sì!). O vi di netâ ore, sčhao!

Now I'll present myself. I live in America in the state of Ohio. I live with my mom and my siblings. I have two dogs as well. I'm eighteen years old. In the fall I'll study Spanish and linguistics (I hope so!). I have to clean my room now, bye!
استیسی

AussieEm

Postby AussieEm » 2007-05-06, 4:28

Pordenon, frut :) Jo soi di Cordenons (folpa!)

Klenje

Postby Klenje » 2007-05-18, 22:18

it's good that you're interested in Friulian. Well, I can say though that you're using an alternative ortography, which is not much used, since it's difficult to write, especially on computer (you need a "slavic" keyboard). So let me rewrite your last message in a standard way
Vuê jo mi presentarai. O stoi in Americhe, tal stât dal Ohio. O stoi (abiti) cun mê mari e i miei fradis. O ai ancje doi cjans. O ai disevot agns. Inte Sierade o studiarai il spagnûl e la lenghistiche (o almancul o speri!). O ai di lâ a netâ la mê cjamare cumò, mandi!

:)

lyric

Words of encouragement

Postby lyric » 2007-06-06, 12:19

Hello Furlan speakers,

Your help is needed to complete the list of words of encouragement: http://home.unilang.org/wiki3/index.php ... ouragement

i.e. words you say to yourself or others when trying to accomplish a hard task,
like for example learning a new language :wink:.

Examples: "You can make it.", "Go-ahead! ", "Go!"

How do you say in Furlan?

(When possible in original lettering and English transcription)

Thanks,
Lyric

Kijdar
Country:CHSwitzerland (Schweiz / Suisse / Svizzera / Svizra)

Postby Kijdar » 2007-08-06, 12:38

Mandi, o soi furlan par vie che o ven di Concordia Sagittaria, ma o soi nassût svuizar parcè il gno pari al'è svuizar!
Ma si ben che mê mari la fos di là o parli miôr la lenghe di Lugân!

La lengua da Lügan ala üsa parò di son che ul Friulànn al gha mia, e-t'en so modu a gu na certa fasiltée na l'ampression d'al Friulànn, anca s'a preferisi sempar ul mè bon vecc' diajètt! ;)

It's weird to see no-friulan people writing in this language!

Kijdar
Country:CHSwitzerland (Schweiz / Suisse / Svizzera / Svizra)

Postby Kijdar » 2008-03-02, 17:48

La mê mame al è di Congordia Sagittaria, c'al è dongje de Puart.

0stsee

Postby 0stsee » 2008-03-02, 19:03

nettchelobek1 wrote:Where does this language come from?

From Latin
Ini tandatanganku.

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2008-03-02, 22:48

22 months to get an answer! yay!
"From relativity ... one obtains an unequivocal proof for the view of philosophers who, like Parmenides, Kant, and the modern idealists, deny the objectivity of change as an illusion or appearance due to our special mode of perception" Gödel.

Pasajero

Postby Pasajero » 2008-03-03, 2:37

Es un idioma del norte de Italia. Es un ladín, y es más antiguo que el italiano y el veneciano (No confundir con Ladino que es otra cosa) No creo que haya recibido estatus de "idioma" en italia todavía como el veneciano, pero es un idioma y no un dialecto como suelen decir muchos italianos. Quando uno lo ve escrito, se figura mucho como el italiano or el siciliano, pero fonéticamente es más semejante al español, hasta tiene ces seseantes como el catalán, francés, español, y portugués. Gramáticamente es semejante al italiano y francés, pero también mantiene cosas antiguas del ladín.

Ofcourse catalans can understand it, spanish speakers, italians and portuguese can as well. Keep in mind as well, that the kingdom of Catalonia, once extended all the way to northern parts of Italy.

Klenje

Postby Klenje » 2008-03-06, 18:33

well they usually understand the written form, but as in other language, spoken Friulian is hardly understandable from Italians or Portugese. Neither Kingdom of Catalunya either Spain ever ruled Friuli though, I think they reached Lombardy, not eastern territories. They have common elements and similarities due to common roots in my opinion, which are not completely clear (even the relationship among Friulian, Ladin Dolomitan and Rumantsch is sometimes questioned)

Fenek

Postby Fenek » 2008-03-09, 21:06

Pistolero wrote:Es un idioma del norte de Italia. Es un ladín, y es más antiguo que el italiano y el veneciano

What does it mean "is more ancient than Italian"??? :shock:

Pistolero wrote: (No confundir con Ladino que es otra cosa) No creo que haya recibido estatus de "idioma" en italia

Friulian and Dolomitic Ladin are officially recognized minority languages in Italy.

Pistolero wrote:Ofcourse catalans can understand it, spanish speakers, italians and portuguese can as well. Keep in mind as well, that the kingdom of Catalonia, once extended all the way to northern parts of Italy.

"Kingdom of Catalonia" never existed. In the past, Catalonia belonged to the Kingdom of Aragon, which however never stretched as far as the Northern Italy.
I'd appreciate any corrections to my messages!
Vi sarò molto grato per ogni correzione!
Zelo vam bom hvaležen za popravke!
Aş fi recunoscător pentru orice corectare!
Bio bih vam veoma zahvalan na ispravkama!

loqu

Postby loqu » 2008-03-09, 21:43

Kingdom of Aragon was just a part of the Crown of Aragon :wink: and well, Kingdom of Catalonia may not have existed because it was in fact a Principality.
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

Fenek

Postby Fenek » 2008-03-10, 8:31

loqu wrote:Kingdom of Aragon was just a part of the Crown of Aragon :wink:

Of course it was, but the argument stays the same, because no part of Northern Italy belonged to the Crown of Aragon. The Catalan and Friulian languages were never in contact. So the similiarities may not be an effect of linguistic influence, but rather of common origin (like in the case of vocabulary) or of common phonetic/grammatical transformations (like in the case of word endings).
I'd appreciate any corrections to my messages!
Vi sarò molto grato per ogni correzione!
Zelo vam bom hvaležen za popravke!
Aş fi recunoscător pentru orice corectare!
Bio bih vam veoma zahvalan na ispravkama!

pimpoapo

The Owl and the Pussy-cat - to be translated into Friulian

Postby pimpoapo » 2008-04-01, 14:34

Hi,

I'm looking for a translation of the Owl and the Pussy-cat by Edward Lear on behalf of my friend who is making a collection of this poem in as many languages as he can, just for fun. He's 97-year-old and this hobby gives him a great pleasure.

The Owl and the Pussy-cat

I

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!'

II

Pussy said to the Owl, 'You elegant fowl!
How charmingly sweet you sing!
O let us be married! too long we have tarried:
But what shall we do for a ring?'
They sailed away, for a year and a day,
To the land where the Bong-tree grows
And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
With a ring at the end of his nose,
His nose,
His nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.

III

'Dear pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling
Your ring?' Said the Piggy, 'I will.'
So they took it away, and were married next day
By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon,
The moon,
The moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.

He started about a year ago and we managed to get it in more than 40 languages so far. Because we are running out of resources I decided to ask help from communities who dedicated to different languages.
It doesn't need to be a professional translation.

Here's a website that I started to set up to share all the translations that we've got so far. Some of them was made by poets but most of them just by friends or people who we run into in different places (waiters of the local restaurant, nurses from hospital, etc). They did the best they could and they just did it for fun and because they wanted to add their own language to this collection.

http://www.bompa.org

The site is under construction, at the moment just a flash version available.

Here is the list of the languages that we've got so far (01/04/2008):

Afrikaans, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Frisian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Irish Gaelic, Korean, Kyrgyz, Latin, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Norvegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog (Pilipino), Thai, Turkish, Welsh

If you could translate it into Friulian that would be a great help for us.
For exchange I always mention who did the translation at the end of the poem and if you wish it can be linked to your website or email address.

Thanks again for anyone who will help us.

-=Pimpoapo=-

geonames

Translation of small text

Postby geonames » 2009-04-04, 17:28

Hi all,

I'm running a website about (mostly) geographical names in several languages ( http://www.geonames.de ) and am looking for a translation of the introduction phrase into Friulian:

"The countries of the world in their own languages and scripts; with official names, capitals, flags, coats of arms, administrative divisions, national anthems, and translations of the countries and capitals into many languages"

Thank you all in advance and enjoy your weekend, or what's left of it.
Werner
my website: http://www.geonames.de
Gib mir die Kraft Dinge zu ändern, die ich ändern kann; die Gelassenheit Dinge zu akzeptieren, die ich nicht ändern kann; und die Weisheit den Unterschied zu erkennen.

LoneWolf

Need a sentence in Friulian for an art project

Postby LoneWolf » 2009-04-05, 0:17

So here’s the thing, I’m in college presently studying in art. For one of my courses I have to make an art project which is socially involved. Being a language freak, I chose as a subject to treat about endangered languages and cultures.

Now, for my project I wanted to include sentences in as many of these dying languages as possible. Therefore, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone of you could give me a meaningful sentence in Furlan or any other endangered or newly revived language.
More precisely, I’m looking for a sentence that reflects the identity of the endangered language and/or people. It could be a saying in the threatened language, a nationalistic slogan, or simply a made up sentence which summarizes well the idea that all humans are equal and have the right to be. For example, in Gaeilge (Irish):
‘Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam’ (a country without a language is a country without a soul)

Also, please write in the script which is usual for the language.

I’ll take the time to mention as well that I do not want any hateful messages or slogans. I believe hate does not solve any problems, it only generates more destruction. Hence, I trust your input on this matter.

By the way, I have posted this message at a few other places on Unilang. I want to get the most languages included in the project as possible.

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Return to “Other Languages”