Albanian

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
red devil
Re: More - Red Devil - Shjego-ma

Postby red devil » 2007-06-26, 11:37

Dan wrote:Cili është i saktë poshtë ?

Kjo shkollë është për ne që nuk dimë të folur gjuhen Anglisht

Kjo shkollë është për neve që nuk dimë të folur gjuhen Anglisht

In 'Colloquial Albanian' it states that the preposition për takes an accusative noun, however having asked two Albanians which is correct I have been given both. So, 'for us' - - për ne ose për neve? And what about 'about us' - I have seen this online as për ne...

Ah the beauty of the Albanian language, people say you have to grow up with it to understand it :-).

Yes you're right about it taking an accusative form.I'll give the the correct 'Standard' version and both colloquial versions of the language spoken in Albania, and the one spoken in the former Yugoslavia.

"Kjo shkollë është për ne që nuk dimë ta flasim gjuhën Angleze" - Correct Standard

"Kjo shkollë është për neve që nuk dimë ta flasim gjuhën Angleze" - Colloquial Tosk (southern albania)

"Kjo shkollë asht për neve që nuk dimë me folë gjuhën Angleze" - Colloquial Gheg (northern albanian speakers)

'about us' and 'for us' are the same in albanian.
so 'për ne' - Standard, 'për neve' - Colloquial
La comidilla de la vecindad

red devil

Re: More - Red Devil - Shjego-ma

Postby red devil » 2007-06-26, 11:43

red devil wrote:
Dan wrote:Cili është i saktë poshtë ?

Kjo shkollë është për ne që nuk dimë të folur gjuhen Anglisht

Kjo shkollë është për neve që nuk dimë të folur gjuhen Anglisht

In 'Colloquial Albanian' it states that the preposition për takes an accusative noun, however having asked two Albanians which is correct I have been given both. So, 'for us' - - për ne ose për neve? And what about 'about us' - I have seen this online as për ne...

Ah the beauty of the Albanian language, people say you have to grow up with it to understand it :-).

Yes you're right about it taking an accusative form.I'll give the the correct 'Standard' version and both colloquial versions of the language spoken in Albania, and the one spoken in the former Yugoslavia.

"Kjo shkollë është për ne që nuk dimë ta flasim gjuhën Angleze" - Correct Standard

"Kjo shkollë është për neve që nuk dimë ta flasim gjuhën Angleze" - Colloquial Tosk (southern albania)

"Kjo shkollë asht për neve që nuk dimë me folë gjuhën Angleze" - Colloquial Gheg (northern albanian speakers)

'about us' and 'for us' are the same in albanian.
so 'për ne' - Standard, 'për neve' - Colloquial

you could also say

"Kjo shkollë është për ne që nuk dimë të flasim Anglisht" - Correct Standard
"Kjo shkollë është për neve që nuk dimë të flasim Anglisht" - Colloquial Tosk
"Kjo shkollë asht për neve që nuk dimë me folë Anglisht" - Colloquial Gheg

note how 'ta' becomes 'të' when you get rid of 'gjuhen'

jovannae

Translation needed

Postby jovannae » 2007-06-29, 13:58

I'm writing an article about Alban Skenderaj. I've found only some information about him in albanian. Unfortunately I know just a few albanian words. If anyone could translate that, please. I'll be grateful for help.

Alban Skënderaj lindi më 20 prill 1982 në Lushnjë, por me origjinë është nga Vlora. Babai i tij në atë kohe punonte si oficer dhe i duhej të shpërngulej në Lushnje ku dhe lindi Albani.

Pas disa vjetesh ai u kthye prapë në Vlorë ku ALbani kreu shkollën e mesme "Halim Xhelo". Ai beri çmëndurinë më të madhe të jetës së tij duke u larguar me një shok në një anije të rastit drejt Italisë, ndërkohë që familjet e tyre nuk dini asgjë. Atje ai vazhdoi nje shkolle për Hoteleri-Turizem, por e la ate dege sepse për te bere kariere i duhej te levizte shume. me vellezerit e tij e tij ai hapi nje dyqan mobilerish tip antikuaruiati. Ne te njejten kohe ai ai punonte dhe si infermier terapist pasi kishte bere nje kurs për kete zanat. Nderkohe ai kishte bere dhe nje kusr disa mujor për kitare dhe për kanto.Ne itali ai merrte shpesh pjese ne konkurse te vogla qe zhvilloheshin ne qytetin ku jetonte ku ftonte shpesh cmime. Ndonese larg Shqiperse ai i ndiqte aktivitete muzikore qe zhvilloheshin ketu. Ne dhjetr te 2004 ai provoi te merte pjese ne festivalin e RTSH, por nuk u pranua. Nderkohe ai kishte degjuar për Top-Fest si nje konkurs qe i jepte shume kengetareve te panjohur te airmoheshin. Keshtu qe ai mori pjese ne Top-Fest 2 me kengen Vetem ty e cila u pelqye shume nga publiku. Zeri dhe teksti i kenges rrembyen sa hap e mbyll syte zerat e shume adoleshenteve. Me pas ai nxorri ne treg albumin Fllad ne shkretetire me kenge te kompozuara dhe te shkruara nda vete Albani. me 3 gusht te po atij viti aishfaq ne televizionet Shqipetare videoklipin e kenges Thirrje e Deshperuar. Gjate veres ai ftohet ne plot pabe dhe koncerte qe mbusheshin plot te rinj qe e adhuronin muziken e tij.ne kete menyre ai arrin te thyeje te gjitha rekordet duke u bere vip për 10 muaj. Vitin tjeter ai merr perseri pjese ne Top-Fest 3 por kesaj rradhe me ne bashkpunim me grupin kosovar Kthjellu me kengen Dicka qe pati te njejtin sukses dhe fitoi vendin e pare perseri. Nderkohe ai u be ikone publicitare e kompaniwse Vodafon.dhe erdhi te publiku me videoklipin e kenges Ky ritem. Me 28,29,30 qershor ai luajti rolin e Romeos ne musicalin Romeo & Zhulieta. Më pas ai mori pjesë në Festivalin e 45 të këngës me këngën "Eklips" ku doli në vendin e gjashtë.

Thx one more time :-)

Dan

Postby Dan » 2007-07-04, 13:17

Here's the first half of the text - I'm not Albanian so it aint perfect - I've put a question mark after words of which I'm not sure. I haven't attempted a literal translation. I'll try the second half soon.

Red Devil - sigurisht ju do të gjeni ndonjë gabime!

Alban Skënderaj was born on April 20 1982 in Lushnjë but his family originate from Vlora. His father at that time worked as an officer but had to seek exile in Lushnjë where Albani was born.

After some years he returned to Vlora where he completed his studies at Halim Xhelo high school. The greatest adventure? – folly? of his life was when he left for Italy with a friend in an abandoned? chanced upon? boat; his family knew nothing of this at the time. There he continued his studies in a school of hospitality and tourism but he left this in order to pursue his career. With his brothers he opened an antique furniture shop. At the same time he worked as a therapeutic nurse, having done a course in that profession. He had also done a course of a few months in guitar and singing?

In Italy he often took part in small competitions that were developing? in the city where he lived, and he often won prizes. Although far from Albania he followed musical developments here. In December 2004 he tried to take part in the RTSH festival, but wasn’t accepted. Then he heard about Top-Fest – a competition that was offered to many unknown singers unknown word?
So it was that he took part in Top-Fest 2 with the song ‘Only you’ which was very popular with the public. The vocals and lyrics of the song immediately captured? the voices of many adolescents.

jovannae

Postby jovannae » 2007-07-04, 15:11

Thank you so much. You don't even know how much you're helping me :-)

Dan

translation

Postby Dan » 2007-07-05, 14:23

Here's the second half. Sorry I got stuck on a few words and phrases - maybe somebody else could help out?

Later he released the album ‘Desert Breeze,’ with songs written and composed by him alone. On the third of august (not sure about the next phrase) the video of the song ‘Cry of the desperate?’ appeared on Albanian TV. During the summer he is invited to full ( ?? ) and concerts that were filled up by young people who adored his music. In this way he managed to break all the records and become a VIP? for 10 months. The next year he participates again in Top Fest 3 but this time in collaboration with the Kosovan group Kthjellu, with the song ‘Something,’ which was also successful and won first place again. Meanwhile he became a publicity figure for the company Vodaphone, and the video of the song ‘This Rhythm’ was released to the public. On June 28, 29 and 30 he played the role of Romeo in the musical ‘Romeo and Juliet’. Afterwards he took part in Song Festival 45, with the song ‘Eclipse,’ which took sixth place.

SamoSamNina

Not that online isn't nice...

Postby SamoSamNina » 2007-08-05, 2:24

Because it's great.

But does anyone know of anywhere that actually *teaches* Albanian language as a course or something? I'm just curious, because I've never run across it. I know it's not really related to much anything else linguistically, but still.
“We are not to simply bandage the wounds of victims beneath the wheels of injustice; we are to drive a spoke into the wheel itself.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

red devil

Re: Not that online isn't nice...

Postby red devil » 2007-08-15, 11:54

SamoSamNina wrote:Because it's great.

But does anyone know of anywhere that actually *teaches* Albanian language as a course or something? I'm just curious, because I've never run across it. I know it's not really related to much anything else linguistically, but still.

Hmmm, there are a few places in London that teach albanian.

However I'm sure that you'll find loads near you if you google it. There are also some on-line courses, but as I said most of the info can be found on the internet.

ego

Albanian words in Greek

Postby ego » 2007-08-15, 13:36

Tung!

There are some words in Greek whose etymology I cannot find out and I'm quite sure they're of Albanian origin. So perhaps you can help.

First of all the name of two villages close to my town. The first one is called Muzaki and I know there is at least one village in Albania with the same name (perhaps "Muzak").
The second one which is more interesting to me, is called Kaznes or Kazines or Kaznesi or Kazinesi.. all variations are in use. It's obviously not a Greek name and I have no clue what it could mean. The village is now renamed to "Vineyard" in Greek but the old name is still used. It's where my ancestors came from and thus I'm more interested.

Thanks for any help

Avalon

What means: Ti je loqk je shume e embel

Postby Avalon » 2007-08-16, 8:24

Could someone translate this for me?

Ti je loqk je shume e embel
and.....
Puthje per ty

Someone said it, but I dont know what It means...

Faleminderit!

Avalon

Postby Avalon » 2007-08-16, 11:59

Does No One knows, or is everyone to lazy to respond :P

????????????????????
Can someone help me out here :(

D39

Postby D39 » 2007-08-17, 8:13

you are locke (darling, beloved) and very sweet.

a kiss for you.

Hmmm... I would say... lucky guy! :D

Avalon

Postby Avalon » 2007-08-20, 12:53

Haha, Im not a guy but thanks anyway!!

:D

D39

Postby D39 » 2007-08-20, 17:46

Avalon wrote:Haha, Im not a guy but thanks anyway!!

:D

OK... Lucky guy... him...

Lucky gyal u :D ;)

slovenac

Postby slovenac » 2007-09-21, 17:45

No point in opening a new thread for a request for a translation. ;)

Background info: my household's real-life mailbox keeps receiving THREE copies of all kinds of ads, leaflets and local newspapers when in reality all I need is ONE copy of each. I've tried to explain it to the youngsters delivering the stuff -- all non-locals, to put it delicately -- but as they speak virtually no Danish, communication is rather impossible.

I've thus decided to put up a sign on my door explaining in as many relevant languages as possible the fact that I need only one copy. Sooo, to the point; how do you say the below in Albanian?

"We do NOT need three copies of everything! Please, just give us ONE!"

PoPoWiWi

Albanian song - Kenga shqiptar

Postby PoPoWiWi » 2007-11-04, 16:58

What does this song say?

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5qPL6ePBU

What's the meaning of hajde ti?

Faleminderit shumë!! :)

gazetari

Postby gazetari » 2007-11-05, 4:29

Hello to all. Hola amigos!
My name is Edison. I'm from Albania, so I'm Albanian native. I live in Beijing from 2 years ago. If you want to speak and learn albanian, I can help you in all the way.
So, for all, I'm the best way to learn albanian. Just write and contact me.
All the best from Edison. Zai Jian.

red devil

Postby red devil » 2007-11-05, 11:23

gazetari wrote:Hello to all. Hola amigos!
My name is Edison. I'm from Albania, so I'm Albanian native. I live in Beijing from 2 years ago. If you want to speak and learn albanian, I can help you in all the way.
So, for all, I'm the best way to learn albanian. Just write and contact me.
All the best from Edison. Zai Jian.

Mirë se erdhe Edison. Welcome Edison.

I am sure your input will be appreciated. There are a few unanswered questions in the forum so feel free to help :o)

PoPoWiWi

Postby PoPoWiWi » 2007-11-05, 18:18

Thank you for register :)

I said him to register in this forum, because we need more native speakers here!

shaam

Help me make sentences..

Postby shaam » 2007-11-11, 19:31

Tung, um... everyone.

I want to learn albanian, and I`m trying, but its so confusing. I dont understand it at all.

All i know is profanity and, unë jam kuzhinier me e mirë, if i even got that right. if i did, wonderful! if not, i`m not suprised.

my idea of making sentences is finding words, and sticking them together. which is why i suck at albanian.

can someone tell me how to say a few things, and explain how the sentence is assembled.

you are the best (ti je me e mirë maybe)
he is useless (ai është something)
very stupid person (for now i just use gomar, haha)
very smart person

um.. thats a good start.

ju lutem dhe falminderit
(i think)
i`m sorry my albanian is so bad
:(

Return to “Other Languages”