Asturian (Asturianu)

Any language which does not have a specific forum can have a thread made for it here.
Riptide
Re: LL

Postby Riptide » 2011-07-18, 19:35

According to Wikipedia, without the dots below the ll, it's pronounced /ʎ/. If there are dots below the l's, it varies based on the dialect.
Unilang Language Codes
Skype chats (ask to be added):
Austronesian Languages, Romance Languages, and Main UL
Main Languages of focus: Costa Rican Spanish (es-cr) Spanish, Tagalog (tl) Tagalog, Malagasy (mg) Malagasy
Other Languages: Cebuano (ceb) Cebuano, Romanian (ro) Romanian

liwtydd

Postby liwtydd » 2011-07-19, 12:07

Is the dot under the LL always written though?
Is Llingua pronounced 'Yingwa' or 'tsingwa'?

Gracies

Liwtydd

Michael

Postby Michael » 2011-07-19, 19:20

Llingua should be pronounced /ʧingwa/ instead of /jingwa/. Ḷḷingua though can be pronounced /t͡singwa/ or whatnot depending on dialect. The spelling choice depends on local preferences.
American English (en-us) Neapolitan from Molise (nap) N Italian (it) B2 Spanish (es) Portuguese (pt) French (fr) Greek (el) Albanian (sq) B1 Polish (pl) Romanian (ro) A2 Azerbaijani (az) Turkish (tr) Old English (en_old) A1
„Çdo njeri është peng i veprave të veta.‟
Every human being is hostage to their own deeds.

Lenguas

Postby Lenguas » 2011-07-20, 23:18

Michael

Michael - AST

Postby Michael » 2011-09-21, 4:09

…porque yo tamién soi estudiante d’asturianu! Los vuesos comentarios sían bienllegaos.
American English (en-us) Neapolitan from Molise (nap) N Italian (it) B2 Spanish (es) Portuguese (pt) French (fr) Greek (el) Albanian (sq) B1 Polish (pl) Romanian (ro) A2 Azerbaijani (az) Turkish (tr) Old English (en_old) A1

Michael

Re: Michael - AST

Postby Michael » 2011-09-21, 4:21

Güei descargué el Firefox n’asturianu (<3) y deprendí un puñáu de terminoloxía de la web.

amestar (-ie-) /ameˈstaɾ/ to add
amosar (-ue-) /amoˈsaɾ/ to show
aniciar /aniˈsʲaɾ/ to initiate, to start up
avezáu, -ada, -ao /aβeˈsaʷ, -aː, -au/ experienced
axeitar /aʃeiˈtaɾ/ to fix, to clean up
bienllegáu, -ada, -ao /bʲenʧeˈgaʷ, -aː, -au/ welcome
calcar /kalˈkaɾ/ to click
camudar /kamuˈðaɾ/ to modify
conexón (f.) /koneˈʃon/ connection
desendolcador (m.) /ðes̺endolkaˈoɾ/ developer
de xuru /ðe ˈʃuɾu/ extremely sure
dominiu (m.) /doˈminʲu/ hyperlink
encaboxar /eŋkaboˈʃaɾ/ to cancel
encamentar (-ie-) /eŋkamenˈtaɾ/ to encourage, to suit
encontu (m.) /eŋˈkontu/ support, help
enllaz (m.) /enˈʧas/ hyperlink
entamu (m.) /enˈtamu/ homepage
en cuenta de /en ˈkʷenta ðe/ instead of
equipu (m.) /eˈkipu/ system
esbillar /es̺biˈʧaɾ/ to tick, to check (a box)
escoyer (-ue-) /es̺koˈjeɾ/ to choose
ficheru (m.) /fiˈʧeɾu/ file
guetar /geˈtaɾ/ to search
imaxe (m.) de fondu /iˈmaʃe ðe ˈfondu/ background image
llingüeta (f.) /ʧiŋˈgʷeta/ tab
mentanto +sux. /menˈtanto/ while
páxina (f.) d’aniciu /ˈpaʃina daˈnisʲu/ homepage
restolador (m.) web /res̺tolaˈoɾ web/ web browser
sacantes que +sux. /s̺aˈkantes̺ ke/ unless
tocante a /toˈkante a/ about
tornafueos (m.) /ˌtoɾnaˈfʷeos̺/ firewall
triba (f.) d’instalación /ˈtriβa ðins̺talaˈsʲon/ installation option
unviar /unˈvʲaɾ/ to send
ventana (f.) /βenˈtana/ window
zarrar (saˈraɾ) to close, to shut down

Michael

Re: Conxuntu d’alderique asturleonés

Postby Michael » 2011-09-25, 4:00

There are various biases about the statuses of the languages of the Astur-Leonese linguistic group. Leonese people are heavily inclined to state that Mirandese and especially Asturian are offshoots of Leonese while Asturians regard Leonese and Eonavian as subdialects of Asturian. The number of Leonese speakers in León is dwindling while a linguistic resurgence of Asturian in Asturias is shooting the number of speakers up. As for the differences they are trivial. Leonese preserves some diphthongization that is also present in Western Asturian but lost in the Central dialect (e.g. W. Asturian & Leonese outru/a, cabeiru/a vs. Central Asturian otru/a, caberu/a).

Michael

Re: Eonavian - Galician/Asturian transition dialect

Postby Michael » 2011-09-25, 7:33

I wasn't about to reply to this thread but since you seem to be one of the few members of this forum who are active I might as well. Being the moderator of the Asturian forum and thus acting as a mediator I couldn't give you my personal opinion. You could read the discussion page on the Eonavian article on Wikipedia and make a judgement though. (Just excuse some bad English.)

Michael

Postby Michael » 2011-09-25, 9:34

aldovinanza (f.) /aldoβiˈnansa/ educated guess
al debalu /al deˈβalu/ at random
guaḥe/a (m./f.) /ˈgʷaxe/a/ kiddo, fella
mancar /maŋˈkaɾ/ to hurt smn.
roceanu, -a, -o /roseˈanu, -a, -o/ suspicious
torgáu, -ada, -ao /toɾˈgaʷ, -aː, -au/ twisted, confusing

Osias

Postby Osias » 2011-09-27, 19:20

Michael wrote:…porque yo tamién soi estudiante d’asturianu! Los vuesos comentarios serán bienllegaos.

[pt-br]essa "bienllegaos" tem uma cara de "bem legal" do pt-br...
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Michael

Postby Michael » 2011-09-27, 21:51

Pois a palavra é composta do advérbio bien mais o particípio do passado do verbo llegar.

Michael

[gl] CANTO GALEGO

Postby Michael » 2011-09-28, 1:20

Benvido/a! Non sou falante do galego (polo menos non falo bon galego) mas quixen facer un lugar só polo galego neste foro. Aquí podemos discutir todo o que nos veña en mente. Aproveitade!
Por favor mantede un baixo nível de ruído neste fío. A malleira do galego non será permitida de ningún modo!

Osias

Postby Osias » 2011-09-28, 13:10

Em outras palavras: "bem-vindos".
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Osias

Re: [gl] CANTO GALEGO

Postby Osias » 2011-09-28, 14:08

[pt-br]Por que no fórum de Asturiano?

burnlaur25

Postby burnlaur25 » 2011-09-28, 15:15

Michael wrote:I wasn't about to reply to this thread but since you seem to be one of the few members of this forum who are active I might as well. Being the moderator of the Asturian forum and thus acting as a mediator I couldn't give you my personal opinion. You could read the discussion page on the Eonavian article on Wikipedia and make a judgement though. (Just excuse some bad English.)

Thank you very much Micheal. And I do recall you from our discussions of Pizzonese.

I did a lot of research on this. At the moment, Eonavian is not intelligible with Asturian from what I can tell. Also, present day speakers have poor intelligibility of Galician. However, older speakers say that they understand and communicate with Galician speakers very well. The reason for the poor intelligibility of young Eonavian speakers with Galician is due to the serious Castillianization the speech of young Eonavian speakers. Older speakers spoke a purer dialect without so much Castillian interference, hence they could understand Galician well.

My conclusion is that Eonavian is a dialect of Galician, linguistically or scientifically speaking. However, the users say that they speak neither Galician nor Asturian. Certainly claims that Eonavian is part of Asturian are politically motivated and without scientific basis.

Thanks for your reply!

Michael

Postby Michael » 2011-09-28, 17:00

Oh, heck. I know damn well I'm opinionated about the status of Eonavian. (I'm just too cautious and paranoid of knowing the right time and context in which to voice my bias about edgy subjects like this.) But as I'm working on math right now I'll get back to you later on and give my full $0.02!

:silly: ¡Hasta entós!

Michael

Postby Michael » 2011-09-28, 17:04

[pt-br]Qual coincidência! Eu achava a mesma coisa ontem quando fiz este thread. Havia pensado em iniciá-lo no fórum de português ao invés do fórum de asturiano mas achei mais apropiado aqui (afinal de contas seria mais fácil moderar o thread aqui desde o meu domínio).[/pt-br]

burnlaur25

Postby burnlaur25 » 2011-09-28, 18:33

In other words, the neo-Eonavian spoken by young people is a separate language. They have a hard time with hard Galician and Asturian can't understand them. But the old Galician spoken by old people is a dialect of Galician. So until the old people die off, we will have to see Eonavian as a dialect of Galician.

Osias

Postby Osias » 2011-09-28, 18:34

Michael wrote:[pt-br]Que coincidência! Eu pensei a mesma coisa ontem quando fiz este thread. Havia pensado em iniciá-lo no fórum de português ao invés do fórum de asturiano mas achei mais apropiado aqui (afinal de contas seria mais fácil moderar o thread aqui desde o meu domínio).[/pt-br]

Então não temos um subfórum oficial para o galelo. MMM.

Seria interessante arrumar uns falantes nativos pra participar com regularidade...

Michael

Postby Michael » 2011-09-29, 0:35

De fato, eu já iniciei tentativas de arrumar asturianos (especificamente asturianofalantes) neste fórum. (Bom, só mencionei o nosso fórum—e da maneira mais sutil possível, para que não lhes parecesse um spammer ou agente de vendas—e até preciso de me tornar mais conhecido ali.) Cadastrei-me em um fórum semelhante também. (Mas ainda não postei nele.)

E neste momento não estou tão certo de desejar um fórum separado para o galego. Daí, se, por sorte divina, recebermos um grupo ativo de galegofalantes no futuro, poderemos considerar a ideia. Vamos ver então. É, é um milagre que a administração não tenha fechado este fórum!

Return to “Other Languages”