Page 3 of 3

Re:

Posted: 2010-11-28, 6:18
by Michael
Why I'm on a thread that's two years old, I have no idea :?
Nero wrote:no teacher (no fluent/native speakers) and no interest in it....
Shit. I totally haven't thought about this. I think that along with me, OCCASVS is the only other speaker of it. He speaks Barese Neapolitan, I speak Pizzonese Neapolitan, yet no one speaks Naples Neapolitan. But then it's no biggie for me to "switch" to Naples Neapolitan. I would even suggest putting Neapolitan+Sicilian together on the same forum if it would be that extreme.

Re:

Posted: 2010-11-28, 21:38
by Meera
Aymeric wrote:How about Bengali ?
It's a huge language, and nobody seems to care :shock:


I agree! Bengali is HUGE! There is sooooooo many speakers of it.

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2011-04-23, 23:43
by DJ Libz
Is there anyone here that speaks Sranang Tongo? I would love to learn this Surinamese language :)

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2012-06-08, 17:55
by dkatbena
I want to add this language i renamed "Esorotaoyo" in your list of languages.

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2013-06-15, 10:56
by Multiturquoise
We should have a separate forum for Turkmen, Kyrgyz and Uzbek. Turkish, Azerbaijani and Kazakh has forums, but Uzbek, Turkmen and Kyrgyz doesn't.

And Tagalog... Tagalog is spoken by many people. One thread is not enough for Tagalog... ;)

I hope you will open separate forums in these languages, so we can post our own games, everything! ;)

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2013-06-15, 14:21
by mōdgethanc
boracasli wrote:We should have a separate forum for Turkmen, Kyrgyz and Uzbek. Turkish, Azerbaijani and Kazakh has forums, but Uzbek, Turkmen and Kyrgyz doesn't.

And Tagalog... Tagalog is spoken by many people. One thread is not enough for Tagalog... ;)

I hope you will open separate forums in these languages, so we can post our own games, everything! ;)
Which languages get their own forums here should be determined by the level of interest in them, not the number of speakers. There is little interest in Uzbek, Turkmen and Kyrgyz here, so they would end up like the Kazakh forum, which was pretty much dead from day one. Creating forums for them would be pointless.

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2013-06-15, 21:20
by księżycowy
I'd like to see them create a Turkic language sub-forum out of the Azeri and Kazakh thread. (Leaving the Turkish sub-forum separate) But that will probably get done just as fast as my suggestion for an African thread out of the Swahili sub-forum.

Not that I don't understand and agree with the reasoning. We can't possibly have sub-forums for everything. But these forums already exist, so why not reformat?

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2013-06-15, 23:40
by Yasna
księżycowy wrote:I'd like to see them create a Turkic language sub-forum out of the Azeri and Kazakh thread. (Leaving the Turkish sub-forum separate) But that will probably get done just as fast as my suggestion for an African thread out of the Swahili sub-forum.

Not that I don't understand and agree with the reasoning. We can't possibly have sub-forums for everything. But these forums already exist, so why not reformat?

I agree. Your suggestion would decrease the number of dead subforums and add a very viable new one. What's not to like?

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2013-09-14, 18:40
by Aryaqk
I suggest Pashto.

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2013-09-14, 21:02
by mōdgethanc
Aryaqk wrote:I suggest Pashto.
There already was a Pashto forum here. I can only assume it was closed for lack of interest.

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2014-09-08, 13:18
by Gonloyir
mōdgethanc wrote:
Aryaqk wrote:I suggest Pashto.
There already was a Pashto forum here. I can only assume it was closed for lack of interest.

Why you close forums and threads? Can't you just leave them open for future generations? For the year 2098 for example? I don't think that leave the door open will damage the forum at all. Why so much manic obsession inside English-speaking forums to close threads and everything? Anyway, I suggest Aromanian. I want to learn everything from the pronunciations of every letter to grammar to every word meaning.

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2014-09-09, 18:51
by mōdgethanc
Can you please not use the term "manic" that way? Thanks.

Re: All other languages go here

Posted: 2014-09-09, 21:53
by Gonloyir
mōdgethanc wrote:Can you please not use the term "manic" that way? Thanks.

Ok, sorry.