Berber (Tamazight)

Hannahanneke
Re: Reviving The Berber Forum

Postby Hannahanneke » 2011-08-04, 7:59

I followed some basic lessons in Tachel7eet last spring. The course was written in English. If anyone would like a copy of it, i could send it to you (scanning would be too much work i believe). Once you finished the course, you'll be able to read simple fairy tales.

My professor was not in favour of the Tifinagh script, 'cause he believes that it complicates the language situation in Morocco. There is no good school education system and children hardly become advanced in one of the writing systems, now they have to learn 3 writing systems at a very young age (the French, Arabic and Tifinagh alphabet). So my professor wrote his course and the fairy tales in an adapted latin alphabet.

With the new law, the Berber language is recognized as one of the official languages of Morocco, but i believe it's only the "melted" standard Berber that the governement imposes. They took from every of the 3 Berber languages some words, grammar and even from other Berber languages, such as the touareg and melt it together in an artificial Berber language none understands... Like the language situation isn't already complicated enough.

In Morocco you find plenty of material written in Tifinagh: newspapers, children's books, magazines, etc.

モモンガ

Re: Reviving The Berber Forum

Postby モモンガ » 2011-10-04, 19:09

Well, but I think better mixed dialect than not at all.
I had a Tamazigh friend before, and I was wondering why there is no any country that recognizes berber as Official language?
It's good that the situation has changed.
[flag]tr[/flag]Türkçe [flag]vi[/flag]㗂越[flag]lo[/flag]ພາສາລາວ[flag]tet[/flag]Prasa Tetun

Rivaldo

Re: Musique

Postby Rivaldo » 2011-10-20, 5:26

I"m still waiting for my translation. :whistle:

Meera

Re: Tamazigh TV

Postby Meera » 2011-12-09, 22:21

モモンガ wrote:I have found this on our TV.
It's interesting, they are from Morocco, and write with those characters.

Do you know of any online? I'm curious to see what it sounds like.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Beis

Re: Berber (Tamazight)

Postby Beis » 2021-10-16, 16:59

Hello, I would like to know translation of this graffiti :) Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “African Indigenous Languages”