Anyone have experience in ici-bemba?

RuBisCo
Anyone have experience in ici-bemba?

Postby RuBisCo » 2014-01-13, 21:55

I noticed it is not in the profile list, the closes bantu language I could find is zulu. I served in peace corps zambia, was trained and achieved a basic-intermediate level.

ceid donn

Re: Anyone have experience in ici-bemba?

Postby ceid donn » 2014-01-13, 23:17

Karibu! I don't personally recall seeing anyone else mention having either knowledge or interest in Bemba specifically. But if you would like the admin to add a flag for it, you'll need to request that in Information, Input and Question forum, which handles all technical requests with the forum. This subforum doesn't have a regular moderator so your query may get overlooked unless you post it there as well.

Unfortunately Unilang is a bit lacking in African language learners, and I keep hoping that will change. Even though I study Swahili, I'm very happy to see a new face with experience and interest in one of these great langauges!

Trebor

Re: Anyone have experience in ici-bemba?

Postby Trebor » 2014-01-21, 19:50

RuBisCo wrote:I noticed it is not in the profile list, the closes bantu language I could find is zulu. I served in peace corps zambia, was trained and achieved a basic-intermediate level.

If I had the time, I might pick up some Bemba. As things stand now, though, I have too many things on my plate--including another Bantu language, Kinyarwanda.

What aspects of the Zambian language did you find easy, manageable, and difficult as a native English speaker?
- Native: English
- Intermediate/Advanced: French, Arabic
- Beginner: Somali, Kinyarwanda
- Interested in: Yoruba, Azerbaijani, Uzbek

Return to “African Indigenous Languages”