Setswana

Struthiomimus
Setswana

Postby Struthiomimus » 2010-08-29, 17:51

After watching the whole 1st season of The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, I have phrases like “Dumela, mma!” and “Dumela, rra!” ringing in my head. I thought I’d check to see if Unilang had a thread, but there’s none for Setswana! So here I am opening this one….

Two good places I’ve come across to get a taste of the language are:

setswana.info/wiki/index.php?title=Course

and

multimedia.peacecorps.gov/multimedia/audio/languagelessons/botswana/Bw_Setswana_Language_Lessons.pdf
[flag=]wbp[/flag] [flag=]qu[/flag] [flag=]eo[/flag] [flag=]wo[/flag] [flag=]rom[/flag] [flag=]csb[/flag] [flag=]lkt[/flag]

"Beshav me akana kai le chirikle chi gilaban." kaj, "Beidh ceol, caint agus craic againn."

Struthiomimus

Re: Setswana

Postby Struthiomimus » 2010-10-27, 16:26

For anyone interested in purchasing a book on Setswana, you can get A Re Bueng Setswana from the NARC. Here's the link:

http://lang.nalrc.wisc.edu/resources/pr ... speak.html
[flag=]wbp[/flag] [flag=]qu[/flag] [flag=]eo[/flag] [flag=]wo[/flag] [flag=]rom[/flag] [flag=]csb[/flag] [flag=]lkt[/flag]

"Beshav me akana kai le chirikle chi gilaban." kaj, "Beidh ceol, caint agus craic againn."

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2010-10-29, 20:21

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-01-06, 20:28

Struthiomimus wrote:After watching the whole 1st season of The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, I have phrases like “Dumela, mma!” and “Dumela, rra!” ringing in my head. I thought I’d check to see if Unilang had a thread, but there’s none for Setswana! So here I am opening this one….

Two good places I’ve come across to get a taste of the language are:

setswana.info/wiki/index.php?title=Course

and

multimedia.peacecorps.gov/multimedia/audio/languagelessons/botswana/Bw_Setswana_Language_Lessons.pdf

Dumela rra! - Hello sir!
Dumela mma! - Hello mam!

I am glad you are interested in Tswana. I speak Tswana good, and so if you want to learn Tswana, please contact me. Thanks! :)

Formiko

Postby Formiko » 2011-01-11, 4:22

Cesare M. wrote:
Dumela rra! - Hello sir!
Dumela mma! - Hello mam!

I am glad you are interested in Tswana. I speak Tswana good, and so if you want to learn Tswana, please contact me. Thanks! :)

Wow, I really can't focus on the South African languages. I've been focusing on the West African languages for now.
Cherokee Indian STILL improving German.
Getting reacquainted with Swahili Msaada!
In no particular order
[flag]eo[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]yo[/flag][flag]chr[/flag][flag]ru[/flag]

Return to “African Indigenous Languages”