[Kazakh] Flooding

Moderator: eskandar

Rakhimzhan

Re: Flooding

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-03-03, 22:36

Osprey wrote:Hey all! Where are you? Сіздер не істейсіздер?

Мұндамыз. Бірақ осында бірнәрсе үйретуден жалығып отырмын. Уақыт, күш болса бір бәле жасаймыз, әйтеуір.
Өзге тілдің бәрін біл, өз тіліңді құрметте!
[flag=]kk[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]en[/flag] [flag=]zh[/flag] [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]fi[/flag]
Osprey

Postby Osprey » 2011-03-04, 22:58

Friends, I have at last managed to put my decks for sharing in Anki! Perhaps they will not offer anyone very much help, though, 'cause my languages are Finnish, Kazakh and a little bit of Russian. Decks are: Kazakin sanoja, Kazakin adverbeja ja Kazakin sijamuodot.
CouchSurfing: lakeinen
My blogs: http://palinzon.wordpress.com/ http://sitkas.wordpress.com/

Halbarad65

Postby Halbarad65 » 2011-03-09, 10:55

Osprey wrote:Friends, I have at last managed to put my decks for sharing in Anki! Perhaps they will not offer anyone very much help, though, 'cause my languages are Finnish, Kazakh and a little bit of Russian. Decks are: Kazakin sanoja, Kazakin adverbeja ja Kazakin sijamuodot.

Wow this is great Osrey!
[flag]fr[/flag][flag]kk[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]en[/flag][flag]ar[/flag][flag]bg[/flag][flag]sw[/flag]

Osprey

Postby Osprey » 2011-03-13, 11:05

Recently I had a funny conversation with Rakhimžan. I was wondering how I could put in Qazaq something what my dog could say if I stepped on her tail. Perhaps: – Сіз менің құйрығымда тұрасіз. I asked Rakhimžan if it is correct. He almost laughed his guts out saying that if I say so people may think that somebody's gonna fuck me. Awwww! Qazaq is messy language! How could I ever know what I am saying when I try to say something in it? :oops: :hmm:

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-03-13, 11:31

Osprey wrote:Recently I had a funny conversation with Rakhimžan. I was wondering how I could put in Qazaq something what my dog could say if I stepped on her tail. Perhaps: – Сіз менің құйрығымда тұрасіз. I asked Rakhimžan if it is correct. He almost laughed his guts out saying that if I say so people may think that somebody's gonna fuck me. Awwww! Qazaq is messy language! How could I ever know what I am saying when I try to say something in it? :oops: :hmm:

The most funny thing is that people dont have tails )) Otherwise it would sound a bit slangy, if you say so. One might think somebody gonna fuck you, other people could also think that you are escaping and that somebody is chasing/pursuing you after. Also, the other possible implication is that one could understand it as if somebody took the place behind following you as for example in road traffic, or in queue, etc.
Usually if you want to say that sombody/something stays behind you, you say:
Біреу/бір нәрсе менің артымда.
Біреу/бір нәрсе менің артымда тұр.

where Біреу, әлдебіреу, әлдекім, - pronouns for persons
and бір нәрсе, бірдеме, бірдеңе - pronouns for things, inanimated objects, animals
For example:
Менің артымда біреудің тұрғанын байқадым. Артымда Әйгерім тұр екен.
I have noticed that somebody stays behind me. It was Aigerim who stayed behind me.

- Байқа, сенің артыңда бірдеңе тұр/бар. - watch out!something is behind you
:mrgreen:
[flag=]kk[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]en[/flag] [flag=]zh[/flag] [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]fi[/flag]
Osprey

Postby Osprey » 2011-03-14, 10:50

Rakhimzhan wrote:Менің артымда біреудің тұрғанын байқадым. :mrgreen:

Thanks, again! Now I try to grind this information into bits what'd fit into my smallish skull... біреудің тұрғанын Is this something like someone's staying? тұрғанын? I can't exactly get its meaning. Is it тұрған-ын? What case it is? :hmm: Табыс септік? Aah, I think something is dawning in my head! if not yet real light, a dim glow, perhaps. :ohwell:

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-03-20, 12:30

Osprey wrote:
Rakhimzhan wrote:Менің артымда біреудің тұрғанын байқадым. :mrgreen:

Thanks, again! Now I try to grind this information into bits what'd fit into my smallish skull... біреудің тұрғанын Is this something like someone's staying? тұрғанын? I can't exactly get its meaning. Is it тұрған-ын? What case it is? :hmm: Табыс септік? Aah, I think something is dawning in my head! if not yet real light, a dim glow, perhaps. :ohwell:

Remember i told you that we could convert certain verb forms and other parts of speech into noun

тұруым - my standing (nominalized verb in present tense)
тұруың - your standing (nominalized verb in present tense)
etc.

тұрғаным - my standing (nominalized verb in past tense/nominalized, possesivesed past participle)
тұрғаның - your standing (nominalized verb in past tense/nominalized, possesivesed past participle)
etc.

тұрмағым - my "goingness" to stay, etc.
тұрарым - my future/suppositional standing

fe
Менің Финляндияда тұратынымды қайдан білесің? How do you know about that i live in Finland (present)
Менің Францияда тұрғанымды қайдан білесің? How do you know about that i lived in France (past)

Ол сұлу қыздың маған қарап қалғанын сол уақытта байқаған болсам екен, телефонын алар едім.
I would take a phone number of that girl, if anything, would have I noticed her staring at me at that time (participle)
Osprey

Postby Osprey » 2011-03-29, 12:45

Rakhimzhan wrote:Remember i told you that we could convert certain verb forms and other parts of speech into noun?

Ah, you killed me again! I remember nothing, I learn nothing ... :oops: All my efforts in learning Qazaq are in vain, so it seems.

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-03-29, 14:16

Osprey wrote:
Rakhimzhan wrote:Remember i told you that we could convert certain verb forms and other parts of speech into noun?

Ah, you killed me again! I remember nothing, I learn nothing ... :oops: All my efforts in learning Qazaq are in vain, so it seems.

Dont say so! You have good progress! Just keep doing! Dont whine! Perhaps, there must be something you wished to know regarding grammar or etc. aspects. There are still many things you dont know. And that all comes new and a bit shocking. So, dont hesitate to ask whatever you want to know. Some day, if all conditions are met, youll have a clear system in your head.
Osprey

Postby Osprey » 2011-05-22, 23:46

Достар, қайда боласыздар? Неге үндемейсіздер? Мен сіздерді сағынамын. :cry:

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-05-30, 21:47

Osprey wrote:Достар, қайда боласыздар? Неге үндемейсіздер? Мен сіздерді сағынамын. :cry:

You may also sımply say Достар, қайдасыздар? Неге үндемейсіздер? Мен сіздерді сағынамын or сағындым (ın past) or сағынып жүрмін (continuous present)

Мен жақсымын. Сіз өзіңіз қалайсыз? Қазақшаңыз қалай? Көріскенше!
Osprey

Postby Osprey » 2011-06-03, 7:06

Rakhimzhan wrote:Мен жақсымын. Сіз өзіңіз қалайсыз? Қазақшаңыз қалай? Көріскенше!

Көп рақмет! Мен де жақсымын. Қазақ тілінің грамматикасыммен аласымын. Бұл күрделі.

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-06-03, 10:13

Osprey wrote:
Rakhimzhan wrote:Мен жақсымын. Сіз өзіңіз қалайсыз? Қазақшаңыз қалай? Көріскенше!

Көп рақмет! Мен де жақсымын. Қазақ тілінің грамматикасыммен аласымын. Бұл күрделі.

граматикасыМен алЫсАмын.
Ия, шынымен де күрделі. Бірақ, еңбек етсең ерінбей, тояды қарның тіленбей.))
Luna_Lovegood

Postby Luna_Lovegood » 2011-07-26, 15:35

مەن قازاق ءتىلى وقۇيورۇم

I got to know how to write Kazakh in Arabic script!

if someone is interested, hamza is used to show vowel harmony.
ءتىلى

is pronounced as tili

but without hamza it would be tılı (Turkish orthography)

You can type it using lexilogos site.
You need to use several keyboard layouts, Ottoman Turkish and Kurdish, since there is no Kazakh keyboard to play with.
Since the title is "flooding" I though I would share this info, as it's hard to find any info on how to use hamza, you have to guess it yourself.

With words containing the letter e ە you not use hamza, since it's clear from the context which set of vowels is to be used.
This letter stays the same no matter when it stands, unlike Arabic h which uses the same letter.
[flag]ky[/flag][flag]tk[/flag][flag]ko[/flag][flag]ja[/flag][flag]dv[/flag][flag]ru[/flag][flag]uz[/flag][flag]ty[/flag][flag]ug[/flag][flag]kk[/flag]

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-07-27, 0:26

Luna_Lovegood wrote:مەن قازاق ءتىلى وقۇيورۇم
I got to know how to write Kazakh in Arabic script!

if someone is interested, hamza is used to show vowel harmony.
ءتىلى

is pronounced as tili

but without hamza it would be tılı (Turkish orthography)

You can type it using lexilogos site.
You need to use several keyboard layouts, Ottoman Turkish and Kurdish, since there is no Kazakh keyboard to play with.
Since the title is "flooding" I though I would share this info, as it's hard to find any info on how to use hamza, you have to guess it yourself.

With words containing the letter e ە you not use hamza, since it's clear from the context which set of vowels is to be used.
This letter stays the same no matter when it stands, unlike Arabic h which uses the same letter.

Hi, Luna!
F.e. if using Qadim Qazaq Alphabet and ٴ‎ - hamza softening something would sound like ﻴﻞ‎‎ﺗ‎ - til. Please, see Оқу құралдары - Learning materials section.
P.S. btw did u imply by مەن قازاق ءتىلى وقۇيورۇم smth like "Men Qazaq tili okuyorum"?
If so, then correct is Мен қазақ тілін оқимын Men Qazaq tiliN oqymyN. while okuyorum is turkish
Luna_Lovegood

Postby Luna_Lovegood » 2011-07-29, 8:23

Thank for the correction, hm, I am just a beginner so I could not make whole sentence.
Hm, I think the use of hamza is quite complicated, if you have something using both sets of vowels, what can you do?
Some words borrowed from Russian are said to break vowel harmony.

I didn't know Kazakh people could still read Arabic script!
[flag]ky[/flag][flag]tk[/flag][flag]ko[/flag][flag]ja[/flag][flag]dv[/flag][flag]ru[/flag][flag]uz[/flag][flag]ty[/flag][flag]ug[/flag][flag]kk[/flag]

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-08-02, 17:04

Luna_Lovegood wrote:Thank for the correction, hm, I am just a beginner so I could not make whole sentence.
Hm, I think the use of hamza is quite complicated, if you have something using both sets of vowels, what can you do?
Some words borrowed from Russian are said to break vowel harmony.

I didn't know Kazakh people could still read Arabic script!

Hey! Actually today we use cyrrilics. So it too has some special Qazaq characters like қ, ө, ү, ұ
Yep, as long as all turkic words are ruled by VH, then all borrowed words, including russian, complying with phoenetics shall subject to VH as well (russian "самовар" - qazaq "самаурын"). however, many loan and borrowed words are pronounced neglecting those rules (russian "комманда" - qazaq "комманда").
As for arabic-based qazaq abc, they too used similar system with some conventional marks, such as tashkil, harakat diacritics, etc. with added qazaq characters. So it could enscript specific sounds and i beleive worked pretty well.
Now, most of Qazaq are willing to revive latin-based qazaq scripture.
I myself want to revive Ancient Turk Alphabet, taking origin in the vast steppes of Kazakhstan and Altai, and whose creators were direct predecessors of Qazaqs, which was then disused with VII c. Arabic intervention. Of course, the new one, in my personal opinion, shall be stylized and updated to meet contemporary needs in any and all aspects.
Luna_Lovegood

Postby Luna_Lovegood » 2011-08-11, 9:43

Hm, yes, I have read about Orkhon script, I think it would be fun if Kazakhstan would go back to it's native script.
it's sad that some scripts have disappeared .

Rakhimzhan

Postby Rakhimzhan » 2011-11-13, 8:31

Hei dudes!

Long time no visits here. Business... How are you all? Dont be shy and dont hezitate to ask whatever you consider urgent regarding our topics

Get ya questions prepared to ask me as what things pose problems to you in learning qaz, or whether there something you cant understand and wished to clear it out. just figure those points and we shall try to develop em so you could upgrade further & constantly.

P.S. your comments, questions & suggestion are valuable, since we are now dealing with making our english-qazaq textbook. Cheers!
Kohlensäure

Postby Kohlensäure » 2013-05-24, 22:03

I finally purchased a Kazakh learning book.
Some nonsense sentences, please correct them. I will study for the whole weekend because I have a lot of time right now :D

қонақ үй қайда?
ана жерде көнөніс бар ма?
бар, мына жерде!
Paras vuodenaika on talvi

Return to “Turkic Languages”