Page 1 of 2

Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-01-01, 17:09
by księżycowy
With any apparent interest in some other 'Aussie' languages around here I figured I'd post a few links of interest to this other Aboriginal Australian language:

http://www.ngapartji.org/
That is a general site with information of the language and culture

http://ninti.ngapartji.org/
A site dedicated towards learning the language. It's by the same guys as the site above.
You have to register in order to access the lessons, but it's free so don't worry :wink: . Enjoy.

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-01-01, 18:13
by Formiko
You should definitely tell Struthiomimus about this info.

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-01-01, 18:27
by księżycowy
Formiko wrote:You should definitely tell Struthiomimus about this info.

Good idea, He is into Walpiri and other Aussie languages after all.

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-01-01, 23:06
by Formiko
I met him 2 weeks ago, and I found out he is an interest in Solresol too! (No relation to the Pama-Nyungan languages however :) )

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-01-02, 13:29
by księżycowy
Formiko wrote:I met him 2 weeks ago, and I found out he is an interest in Solresol too! (No relation to the Pama-Nyungan languages however :) )

Interesting. I never much cared for Conlangs myself (with perhaps the exception of Klingon. I'm a bit of a scifi nut). Anyway, I did pm him, so he should know about this post as soon as he logs-in.

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-01-02, 19:56
by Struthiomimus
!!!



Wow! What a great way to start off the new year! Thanks! I'm going to check them out right away!



Edit: Oh, but why do you tempt me so...I need to be focusing on Arabic and Japanese...and this makes it so much harder :/

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-01-03, 14:37
by księżycowy
Struthiomimus wrote:!!!



Wow! What a great way to start off the new year! Thanks! I'm going to check them out right away!



Edit: Oh, but why do you tempt me so...I need to be focusing on Arabic and Japanese...and this makes it so much harder :/

I know what you mean. I'm trying to focus on Mongolian and Inuktitut . . .

I did check out the lessons and they seemed pretty good, though they only seem to be beginner lessons :( But I'll take anything for a language like this!

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-03-01, 21:22
by Struthiomimus
Hey, księżycowy, have you put Pitjantjatjara on hold for now? Did you end up using the site at all?

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2010-03-01, 22:11
by księżycowy
Struthiomimus wrote:Hey, księżycowy, have you put Pitjantjatjara on hold for now? Did you end up using the site at all?

Yup, I did put Pitjantjatjara on hold for now. But I did check out the site quite a bit when I first found it.

[You may have noticed my 'signature' has all the languages I working on now, and plan to work on soon. I try to keep it as current as possible.]

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2011-08-06, 1:26
by Struthiomimus
The 123 Song in Pitjantjatjara :D

Woooooooooooohooooooooooooooo! :partyhat:

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2011-08-07, 0:14
by księżycowy
:waytogo:

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-08-31, 2:36
by Struthiomimus
...and thanks to sasquatch bringing the existence of Alitji in Dreamland to my attention, I think I'm going to be getting into Pitjantjatjara very soon. :mrgreen:

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-01, 1:56
by księżycowy
Cool, let me know when you start, I might just follow! And let me know what you're using too, maybe we can get something going.

I'm still following the AAL threads. :wink:

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-09, 19:15
by księżycowy
księżycowy wrote:http://ninti.ngapartji.org/
A site dedicated towards learning the language. It's by the same guys as the site above.
You have to register in order to access the lessons, but it's free so don't worry :wink: . Enjoy.

Anyone else having issues logging in to this site?
I've been able to log-in, but only by employing a trick to do it. :?

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-09, 22:22
by księżycowy
Nevermind, it was my cookies.

Hey Struth, you still looking to mess around with Pitjantjatjara? I'm starting on the online course if you want to join in.

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-09, 23:14
by Lauren
How did you get it to work? I cleared my cookies, but it still doesn't work. I just want to check it out. :P

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-09, 23:33
by księżycowy
Yeah, it seems like there is a problem with their login. Before I cleared out my cookies I logged in, but before it loaded all the way I clicked on one of the links, like "System req" or "welcome" and it seemed to work. The trick is doing is at the right time. And if the page takes long enough to load.

I'm still having issues logging in myself. I'm almost tempted to email someone. But at least I can get in. Hopefully you guys can as well.

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-09, 23:53
by Lauren
Cool, I got it to work that way. You should definitely email them.

If anyone else is having problems logging in, then try the following link:

http://ninti.ngapartji.org/index.php?option=com_lessons&Itemid=33

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-10, 0:04
by księżycowy
That reminds me, a few of the videos are missing as well, but luckily I've found some of them here as well:
http://vimeo.com/channels/ngapartji

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Posted: 2012-09-14, 0:38
by Struthiomimus
Struthiomimus wrote:...and thanks to sasquatch bringing the existence of Alitji in Dreamland to my attention, I think I'm going to be getting into Pitjantjatjara very soon


And it turns out, it's a really beautiful book. I'm impressed. It's bilingual, and the pages in Pitjantjatjarra contain whole paragraphs of text (which contrasts sharply with some of the Warlpiri books I have with only a sentence per page).

księżycowy wrote:Hey Struth, you still looking to mess around with Pitjantjatjara? I'm starting on the online course if you want to join in.


I'd love to get into Pitjantjatjara but 1) Persian has enraptured my soul (I'm in so much trouble haha) and 2) I'm in the middle of a move, so I won't be able to commit to posting in/about Pitjantjatjara. But I'll gladly follow your posts, should you add something. :wink: