Pitjantjatjara

Moderators:aaakknu, atalarikt

księżycowy
Pitjantjatjara

Postby księżycowy » 2010-01-01, 17:09

With any apparent interest in some other 'Aussie' languages around here I figured I'd post a few links of interest to this other Aboriginal Australian language:

http://www.ngapartji.org/
That is a general site with information of the language and culture

http://ninti.ngapartji.org/
A site dedicated towards learning the language. It's by the same guys as the site above.
You have to register in order to access the lessons, but it's free so don't worry :wink: . Enjoy.

Formiko

Re: Pitjantjatjara

Postby Formiko » 2010-01-01, 18:13

You should definitely tell Struthiomimus about this info.
Cherokee Indian STILL improving German.
Getting reacquainted with Swahili Msaada!
In no particular order
[flag]eo[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]yo[/flag][flag]chr[/flag][flag]ru[/flag]

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2010-01-01, 18:27

Formiko wrote:You should definitely tell Struthiomimus about this info.

Good idea, He is into Walpiri and other Aussie languages after all.

Formiko

Postby Formiko » 2010-01-01, 23:06

I met him 2 weeks ago, and I found out he is an interest in Solresol too! (No relation to the Pama-Nyungan languages however :) )
Cherokee Indian STILL improving German.
Getting reacquainted with Swahili Msaada!
In no particular order
[flag]eo[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]yo[/flag][flag]chr[/flag][flag]ru[/flag]

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2010-01-02, 13:29

Formiko wrote:I met him 2 weeks ago, and I found out he is an interest in Solresol too! (No relation to the Pama-Nyungan languages however :) )

Interesting. I never much cared for Conlangs myself (with perhaps the exception of Klingon. I'm a bit of a scifi nut). Anyway, I did pm him, so he should know about this post as soon as he logs-in.

Struthiomimus

Postby Struthiomimus » 2010-01-02, 19:56

!!!

Wow! What a great way to start off the new year! Thanks! I'm going to check them out right away!

Edit: Oh, but why do you tempt me so...I need to be focusing on Arabic and Japanese...and this makes it so much harder :/
[flag=]wbp[/flag] [flag=]qu[/flag] [flag=]eo[/flag] [flag=]wo[/flag] [flag=]rom[/flag] [flag=]csb[/flag] [flag=]lkt[/flag]

"Beshav me akana kai le chirikle chi gilaban." kaj, "Beidh ceol, caint agus craic againn."

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2010-01-03, 14:37

Struthiomimus wrote:!!!

Wow! What a great way to start off the new year! Thanks! I'm going to check them out right away!

Edit: Oh, but why do you tempt me so...I need to be focusing on Arabic and Japanese...and this makes it so much harder :/

I know what you mean. I'm trying to focus on Mongolian and Inuktitut . . .

I did check out the lessons and they seemed pretty good, though they only seem to be beginner lessons :( But I'll take anything for a language like this!

Struthiomimus

Postby Struthiomimus » 2010-03-01, 21:22

Hey, księżycowy, have you put Pitjantjatjara on hold for now? Did you end up using the site at all?
[flag=]wbp[/flag] [flag=]qu[/flag] [flag=]eo[/flag] [flag=]wo[/flag] [flag=]rom[/flag] [flag=]csb[/flag] [flag=]lkt[/flag]

"Beshav me akana kai le chirikle chi gilaban." kaj, "Beidh ceol, caint agus craic againn."

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2010-03-01, 22:11

Struthiomimus wrote:Hey, księżycowy, have you put Pitjantjatjara on hold for now? Did you end up using the site at all?

Yup, I did put Pitjantjatjara on hold for now. But I did check out the site quite a bit when I first found it.

[You may have noticed my 'signature' has all the languages I working on now, and plan to work on soon. I try to keep it as current as possible.]

Struthiomimus

Postby Struthiomimus » 2011-08-06, 1:26

The 123 Song in Pitjantjatjara :D

Woooooooooooohooooooooooooooo! :partyhat:

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2011-08-07, 0:14

:waytogo:

Struthiomimus

Postby Struthiomimus » 2012-08-31, 2:36

...and thanks to sasquatch bringing the existence of Alitji in Dreamland to my attention, I think I'm going to be getting into Pitjantjatjara very soon. :mrgreen:

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2012-09-01, 1:56

Cool, let me know when you start, I might just follow! And let me know what you're using too, maybe we can get something going.

I'm still following the AAL threads. :wink:

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2012-09-09, 19:15

księżycowy wrote:http://ninti.ngapartji.org/
A site dedicated towards learning the language. It's by the same guys as the site above.
You have to register in order to access the lessons, but it's free so don't worry :wink: . Enjoy.

Anyone else having issues logging in to this site?
I've been able to log-in, but only by employing a trick to do it. :?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2012-09-09, 22:22

Nevermind, it was my cookies.

Hey Struth, you still looking to mess around with Pitjantjatjara? I'm starting on the online course if you want to join in.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2012-09-09, 23:14

How did you get it to work? I cleared my cookies, but it still doesn't work. I just want to check it out. :P
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2012-09-09, 23:33

Yeah, it seems like there is a problem with their login. Before I cleared out my cookies I logged in, but before it loaded all the way I clicked on one of the links, like "System req" or "welcome" and it seemed to work. The trick is doing is at the right time. And if the page takes long enough to load.

I'm still having issues logging in myself. I'm almost tempted to email someone. But at least I can get in. Hopefully you guys can as well.

Lauren

Postby Lauren » 2012-09-09, 23:53

Cool, I got it to work that way. You should definitely email them.

If anyone else is having problems logging in, then try the following link:

http://ninti.ngapartji.org/index.php?option=com_lessons&Itemid=33
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2012-09-10, 0:04

That reminds me, a few of the videos are missing as well, but luckily I've found some of them here as well:
http://vimeo.com/channels/ngapartji

Struthiomimus

Postby Struthiomimus » 2012-09-14, 0:38

Struthiomimus wrote:...and thanks to sasquatch bringing the existence of Alitji in Dreamland to my attention, I think I'm going to be getting into Pitjantjatjara very soon

And it turns out, it's a really beautiful book. I'm impressed. It's bilingual, and the pages in Pitjantjatjarra contain whole paragraphs of text (which contrasts sharply with some of the Warlpiri books I have with only a sentence per page).

księżycowy wrote:Hey Struth, you still looking to mess around with Pitjantjatjara? I'm starting on the online course if you want to join in.

I'd love to get into Pitjantjatjara but 1) Persian has enraptured my soul (I'm in so much trouble haha) and 2) I'm in the middle of a move, so I won't be able to commit to posting in/about Pitjantjatjara. But I'll gladly follow your posts, should you add something. :wink:

Return to “Australian, Austronesian and Papuan Languages”