What language is this please help

Moderator:Ashucky

Ruch77
What language is this please help

Postby Ruch77 » 2017-10-08, 19:25

received_10207781695618934.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Karavinka

Re: What language is this please help

Postby Karavinka » 2017-11-04, 6:03

The script is Mongolian. I can't tell if the language written in it is Mongolian though. It's not Manchu at least.

Ruch77

Postby Ruch77 » 2017-11-05, 4:57

i have been told by an expert that it is an old hebrew/ phoenician language can someone confirm please.

Karavinka

Postby Karavinka » 2017-11-05, 5:12

Ruch77 wrote:i have been told by an expert that it is an old hebrew/ phoenician language can someone confirm please.

Go ask that "expert" then. It'd be a marvel to see a Phonecian specimen not carved on stone still survives. And if you think this looks like the Paleohebrew script, well, you have your freedom of thought.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2017-11-05, 10:46

I can confirm that it's not "Old Hebrew" or Phoenician, neither of which were written in a cursive/connected style to my knowledge. This looks nothing like those, so I have no idea what your "expert" is thinking. I could see them trying to claim something like Syriac, but it's not that either. It's as Karavinka says, it's definitely some language written with the traditional Mongolian script.

A quick look at Wikipedia or Omniglot should clear this up for you. Just search for these scripts/languages.

Return to “Ancient, Classical and Extinct Languages”