Gothic news website

Moderator:Ashucky

GothicSp
Gothic news website

Postby GothicSp » 2014-08-18, 2:13

I just created a Gothic news website. It didn't exist yet and it's planned to contain short news articles once in a while

http://airushimmadaga.wordpress.com/

Viridzen

Re: Gothic news website

Postby Viridzen » 2014-08-21, 16:04

Interesting! I like this idea. I wish I could read it.
Didn't you once mention you were going to make a website for this revival, too? I hope you do, so I can see it.
Please, correct my errors. S'il vous plaît, corrigez mes erreurs.
C2: [flag=]en[/flag] B1: Focusing on: [flag=]fr[/flag] (A2), [flag=]got[/flag]

GothicSp

Postby GothicSp » 2014-08-23, 21:49

Viridzen wrote:Interesting! I like this idea. I wish I could read it.
Didn't you once mention you were going to make a website for this revival, too? I hope you do, so I can see it.

I use the Koebler dictionary as the basis for the translation of most words, so if you use http://www.koeblergerhard.de/got/3A/got_nhd.html while reading it you can understand quite a lot. Your only problem might be the verbs though.

The most important ones I use are qaþ = said and wili = wants. Neologisms have asteriks with their meaning underneath.

I could design a course for Gothic or write a book not aimed at academics but at a general audience, the only problem is that I have no idea how to add a good lay-out to it or how to publish it.

I will wait with the website until there are enough potential people. The followers at the newsblog increase and if there are enough followers I could redirect them all to a potential future website, so this is already a step in a revival. Every serious language has a news-website and this blog was mostly inspired by Latin and Esperanto which have news-websites too, so here is the first and only news-website in Gothic in the world. In contrary to languages like Gaulish we have enough vocabulary left to write comprehensible and full articles, so I will continue it.

Viridzen

Postby Viridzen » 2014-08-24, 0:37

GothicSp wrote:I use the Koebler dictionary as the basis for the translation of most words, so if you use http://www.koeblergerhard.de/got/3A/got_nhd.html while reading it you can understand quite a lot. Your only problem might be the verbs though.

I really like the Koebler dictionaries, they're very full and useful usually. I also found [url="http://www.oe.eclipse.co.uk/nom/egdhome.html"]this dictionary[/url] that has some neologisms and reconstructions etc., but doesn't have accent marks, unfortunately.

I could design a course for Gothic or write a book not aimed at academics but at a general audience, the only problem is that I have no idea how to add a good lay-out to it or how to publish it.

You could look at existing language courses and textbooks for ideas, or just go on Google and look up "how to write a language textbook". Be sure to include accent marks, though (and a lot of exercises--they help immensely).

I will wait with the website until there are enough potential people. The followers at the newsblog increase and if there are enough followers I could redirect them all to a potential future website, so this is already a step in a revival. Every serious language has a news-website and this blog was mostly inspired by Latin and Esperanto which have news-websites too, so here is the first and only news-website in Gothic in the world. In contrary to languages like Gaulish we have enough vocabulary left to write comprehensible and full articles, so I will continue it.

Alright; be sure to put announcement when there is a website. I was so excited when I saw there was a Gothic news site, too. I think this is a good step in the revival as well, though there might not be enough people who know Gothic to read it yet. Either way, it's there, and that's the good thing.
As for Gaulish, we have quite a substantial corpus of Gaulish words (moreso than my pitiful Vandalic, but I'm not going to give up hope), and extant texts that show sentence structure, etc. With that, the creator of [url="http://www.moderngaulish.com"]this website[/url] has decided to modernise Gaulish and try to revive it.It's actually a good idea, I think, though of course a lot of reconstruction has to be done. Nevertheless, I also wish Gaulish, Vandalic, and of course Gothic the best of luck.
Please, correct my errors. S'il vous plaît, corrigez mes erreurs.
C2: [flag=]en[/flag] B1: Focusing on: [flag=]fr[/flag] (A2), [flag=]got[/flag]

Imran520

Postby Imran520 » 2014-11-10, 7:47

Very nice website to get all news.

Return to “Ancient, Classical and Extinct Languages”