Quevenois - Je voudrais apprendre le breton.

Moderator: kevin

Alasdair

Quevenois - Je voudrais apprendre le breton.

Postby Alasdair » 2011-06-18, 22:45

Quevenois - Je vous ai envoyé un e-mail mais je ne sais pas si vous l'avez obtenu - il est dans ma "Boîte d'envoi».

For the others on this forum, you may know me as a contributer to the Gaelic forum.

Je m'appelle Alasdair e j'habite en Écosse, en Perth. Je parle couramment l'anglais et le gaelique d'écosse et j'étudie l'italienne à l'université.

En ce moment j'essaie d'apprendre le breton, Ce n'est pas facile quand on parle seulment l'anglais - il n'ya pas des livres écrits en anglais, sauf "Colloquial Breton".

Si vous pouvez m'aider, je serais très content!

Alasdair C :)
Tha mi fileanta sa Bheurla agus cha mhòr sa Ghàidhlig. Cuideachd, tha mi ag ionnsachadh na Breatannais. Leig fios dhomh ma nì mi mearachdan! I speak Fluent English and Gaelic. I am also learning Breton. Let me know if I make mistakes!

księżycowy

Re: Quevenois - Je voudrais apprendre le breton.

Postby księżycowy » 2011-06-19, 13:23

From what I could glean from your message, you're looking for help with Breton.
Although I can offer little assistence, I think it's worth mentioning that Colloquial Breton is a good course, as I have a copy. I haven't used it extensively yet, but I still like it's set-up.
I also have a good Breton<>English dictionary, here or here.
And I plan on eventually picking up the Breton Grammar.
Not sure if any of that helps.

Alasdair

Postby Alasdair » 2011-06-19, 14:23

księżycowy wrote:From what I could glean from your message, you're looking for help with Breton.
Although I can offer little assistence, I think it's worth mentioning that Colloquial Breton is a good course, as I have a copy. I haven't used it extensively yet, but I still like it's set-up.
I also have a good Breton<>English dictionary, here or here.
And I plan on eventually picking up the Breton Grammar.
Not sure if any of that helps.

Thank you for that info. I am finding Colloquial Breton OK, it's just a bit all over the place - First lesson is about greetings, work, colours and family. It's all a bit much for any language.

I have "Le Breton" by Divi Kervella coming in the post, as well as "Brezhoneg Buan Hag Aes - Le Cours De Breton Pour Tous". I also have "Assimil: Le breton sans peine" on the PC.

I am using a few online resources as well: http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Brezhoneg_Unan and Kervarker.
Tha mi fileanta sa Bheurla agus cha mhòr sa Ghàidhlig. Cuideachd, tha mi ag ionnsachadh na Breatannais. Leig fios dhomh ma nì mi mearachdan! I speak Fluent English and Gaelic. I am also learning Breton. Let me know if I make mistakes!

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2011-06-19, 14:55

There is also this textbook: Brezhoneg Buan Hag Aes in English.
I've never seen it myself though.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2011-06-21, 23:09

I have despaired in the past when I've tried to find Breton resources. it's a language I wanted to learn since I was a kid, but never have, because there's just not good resources available in the U.S. Check out the other threads in this forum for links--maybe there'll be something to help you.

Good luck with Breton. I'm thinking I may have to wait until my French is up to snuff again and use french resources. But the Cork Uni book looks enticing...must...not...start...with Breton... right now...ugh. Such temptation.

Gaelg

Postby Gaelg » 2011-12-04, 19:15

I so have to say this - as part of my degree I have to go to Breton next year to Learn French but also to do a course in Breton. So I can pass both my French and Celtic elements :D I am so excited about it hehe.

I'm done, good night folks :P

Alasdair

Postby Alasdair » 2012-03-16, 23:50

Gaelg wrote:I so have to say this - as part of my degree I have to go to Breton next year to Learn French but also to do a course in Breton. So I can pass both my French and Celtic elements :D I am so excited about it hehe.

I'm done, good night folks :P

I'd love to go to Brittany to learn Breton. I am still not much further forward with the whole Breton thing. I'm giving it another go - and hopefully I'll actually get somewhere!

Return to “Celtic Languages”