Learn Greenlandic with Per Langgård - any good?

Langgard

Re: Learn Greenlandic with Per Langgård - any good?

Postby Langgard » 2011-09-08, 18:13

Thank you for the nice words. They warm. And I can assure you that I am going to produce DVD module II. As a matter of facts have I spent all day today in the TV studio of Nuuk TV recording lessons - lots of lessons. Our local TV station has namely sponsored the whole shooting of module II (worth a huge bag of money in a low-budget production as mine. Professional studio-time costs a fortune) thus giving me the economic freedom to literally load the DVD to the last byte without having to rise the price considerably.

It will be a bilingual monolith. The English part will include about 5 hours of video, 50 or so exercises, around 20 finite state automata and a bilingual corpus of around 30.000 morphologically and syntactically tagged wordforms. And the same amount of material also in Danish.

You may want to check out learngreenlandic.com where I have included a preannouncement of it.

But the real reason for this reply is actually different: I forgot to include to deardron a link to my project's website where you can find quite a number of open source goodies including a word generator and an online dictionary between Greenlandic-Danish-English. Check out http://www.oqaaserpassualeriffik.org

Per

deardron

Postby deardron » 2011-09-08, 20:36

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your new stuff.
Langgard wrote:I forgot to include to deardron a link to my project's website where you can find quite a number of open source goodies including a word generator and an online dictionary between Greenlandic-Danish-English. Check out http://www.oqaaserpassualeriffik.org

Thank you for the link, it looks like a powerful engine!
I've been writing myself PHP scripts which generated Greenlandic forms, mostly for my personal use in exercises (they're still in beta stage, so I'm not revealing them yet), and they look not unlike to what you've been doing, albeit in a more basic form.

belenneda

Postby belenneda » 2013-01-09, 12:01

I bought the first DVD two weeks ago. Although I was expecting more grammar lessons, I'm very satisfied with this introductory course. It's great for learning the correct pronunciation.
I'm considering buying the second DVD at the end of the month if my grammar doesn't improve. :)
I'm currently using "Grönländisch Wort für Wort".

Return to “North American Indigenous Languages”