Qaagit CDs

Fränzi
Qaagit CDs

Postby Fränzi » 2010-08-24, 5:36

I'm very seriously considering buying the Qaagit set to get me started on Greenlandic, but I would first like to ask anyone who has experience using the CDs how much audio there is exactly and how much of it is actual dialogues and not just songs and things. I don't mind songs, but I would prefer several hours of straight texts and dialogues to begin internalizing the structures and sounds and rhythms of the language.

Is it worth buying for this reason?

limoneneis

Re: Qaagit CDs

Postby limoneneis » 2010-08-24, 17:53

Hello Fränzi,
I don't have the CDs but the cassettes (they did not have the CDs when I started learning Greenlandic a few years ago). I don't know if they are the same but the cassettes are very good! They have all the dialogs and also part of the exercises including the songs. There were 3 cassettes with several hours of spoken dialogs and exercises. You should really get the CDs, they are an invaluable resource if you want to learn how to speak the language!
[flag=]kl[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag]

Fränzi

Postby Fränzi » 2010-08-25, 5:41

Thanks very much for clearing that up for me! :) Looks like I'll have to get them then. I think the CDs are just a digitized and re-released version of the cassettes, so they're probably just the same.

You wouldn't by any chance happen to know where I can get the audio for "KALAALLISUT SUNGIUSAATIT", would you? Apparently the audio cassettes for that book are really good as well.

limoneneis

Postby limoneneis » 2010-08-25, 15:10

Unfortunately no, I'd love to get them myself! Or any other audio book, for that matter.

I also found that it's good to order several things at once, because the shipping costs from Nuuk are quite high compared to the prices of the books.
[flag=]kl[/flag][flag=]ja[/flag]

deardron

Postby deardron » 2010-09-03, 18:54

I have the 3CD set which is shipped with the book or can be bought separately. The CDs feature each dialogue and lesson from the book without exception (and yes, the songs are included). In fact it has to be not one book, but 2 - incl. "Qaagit Løsningshæfte" which have translations of all examples in Qaagit. If you haven't bought the "Løsningshæfte", the audio set will be in parts difficult for you (IMHO).

Return to “North American Indigenous Languages”