Just to say I'm still here ;)

nighean-neonach

Just to say I'm still here ;)

Postby nighean-neonach » 2007-07-15, 12:08

... I look into this forum about once or twice a week. As no-one else says anything here, I've discontinued the lessons and explanations. I'm still busy with Greenlandic myself, but I don't see why I should post free stuff here all the time if no-one else takes part. So that's how it is for the time being.
If you are interested in the language, feel free to browse through all the information and advice here in the forum, and you can also ask your questions, I will certainly try to answer. I'd be very glad to meet other learners.
Writing poetry in: Scottish Gaelic, German, English.
Reading poetry in: Latin, Old Irish, French, Ancient Greek, Old Norse.
Talking to people in the shop in: Lithuanian, Norwegian, Irish Gaelic, Saami.
Listening to people talking in the shop in: Icelandic, Greenlandic, Finnish.

Vinaok

Postby Vinaok » 2007-07-15, 19:42

:oops: ...mmh..well just wanted to let you know that I have always been following your resources and suggestions you have been posting so far, I´m just sorry for never been able to break the "shyness/i cant write yet silent barrier" so...I´ll try to focus on practising more and be active.

Good job anyway and keep up.
The idea of a geocentric universe makes you sexually-aroused, doesn't it!?

Aekari

Postby Aekari » 2007-07-20, 6:01

I still exist, but unfortunately, and obviously, I haven't been on the Unilang forums in a while. x.x
Kërit eij jure äq Anjerisixi vantrasäxe, konlañixesja naeniye. Sesir ni eij kanses pa.

zhiguli

Re: Just to say I'm still here ;)

Postby zhiguli » 2007-07-21, 2:24

edit: I'm terribly sorry, I edited your posting instead of quoting it :cry:
nighean neònach.

Nero

Postby Nero » 2007-07-21, 2:41

zhiguli wrote:
nighean-neonach wrote:...I don't see why I should post free stuff here all the time if no-one else takes part. So that's how it is for the time being.

Ahh...the frustrations of trying to promote a less popular language.
I don't think I will be learning Greenlandic (where I live, it makes more sense to learn Inuktitut, anyhow) but just wanted to give you my thumbs up, you're doing a great job, too bad more people are not taking advantage of it.

I know the frustration of promoting a second language also, nighean. Even if nobody has any interest, the knowledge here can help future people and (who knows), even draw people to Unilang.

I myself would start learning Greenlandic, but I've already got a few open projects underway with different languages. It is indeed a very neat language to hear and analyze though, I'll say that!

nighean-neonach

Postby nighean-neonach » 2007-07-21, 8:17

I'm not trying to promote it. But I was hoping for some contacts and exchange with fellow learners.
As it is, I have established some mail and chat contacts with native speakers, so I'll focus on that because it is more useful for me.
In case some other learners turn up here, I'll sure be back :) and of course in case of any questions etc.

Sorry again, zhiguli, for destroying your post.
Writing poetry in: Scottish Gaelic, German, English.
Reading poetry in: Latin, Old Irish, French, Ancient Greek, Old Norse.
Talking to people in the shop in: Lithuanian, Norwegian, Irish Gaelic, Saami.
Listening to people talking in the shop in: Icelandic, Greenlandic, Finnish.

ilaana

Postby ilaana » 2007-07-28, 17:11

Taamaaginnartoq napparsimmavimmiippunga :)
Nikallujuitsoq iluanaartarpoq - Tamaasa iluatsittarai - Iluatsinniarlitoq - Iluatsitsinerinnaavoq

juicypuffin

Postby juicypuffin » 2011-05-15, 19:40

I just copied (and organized a bit) your lesson posts and vocabulary from the word box into an RTF file, you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sedruumgzjb9dxw
(by the way, you can see all the Greenlandic learning stuff I have in the same folder, here: http://www.mediafire.com/?z5raoj6jr4awf )

I run a community to help people learn Nordic languages: http://learn-nordic.livejournal.com/
Basically, I run around and collect everything I can find for people to learn each of the languages. I'm really thankful that you've put up these lessons and vocabulary, especially in English. I hope you'll continue to do so. In the future I want to make a textbook aimed for people who haven't learned another language, for Greenlandic.
If you have any learning resources for the following languages, please tell me:
[flag]kl[/flag] [flag]is[/flag] [flag]fo[/flag] [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]sv[/flag] [flag]no[/flag] [flag]dk[/flag] And any Saami languages: [flag]smi[/flag]
http://learn-nordic.livejournal.com/

Return to “North American Indigenous Languages”