Antea-2021

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators: ''', Forum Administrators

Antea

Antea-2021

Postby Antea » 2020-12-29, 18:24

So at this moment, these are the languages that I am studying and the current situation.

(ar) Just maintaining the level.

(he) Activelly learning, but my level is still A2-B1, because other languages are interfering a lot with it.

(fa) I am also activelly learning it, but I am still a beginner.

(ka) I am learning the alphabet and some useful basic expressions.

(hy) I will begin to learn the alfabet on January.

dEhiN

Re: Antea-2021

Postby dEhiN » 2021-01-11, 0:22

When did you start picking up Georgian and Armenian?! Which languages are interfering with Hebrew? Would you consider putting them on hold until you improve your Hebrew, or putting Hebrew on hold until those other languages are at a higher level?

I decided to do that this year with Portuguese and Spanish. I put Spanish on hold to focus on Portuguese.
N: (en-ca) B1: (fr) A1: (pt-br) ((es) (ta-lk)) A0: (sv) (ro)

Antea

Postby Antea » 2021-01-14, 20:14

dEhiN wrote:When did you start picking up Georgian and Armenian?! Which languages are interfering with Hebrew? Would you consider putting them on hold until you improve your Hebrew, or putting Hebrew on hold until those other languages are at a higher level?

I decided to do that this year with Portuguese and Spanish. I put Spanish on hold to focus on Portuguese.

I started with Georgian a month ago. For the moment I am just learning the basic things. I am studying this language through Russian :whistle: , because this way I also aim to improve my level in this language, actually using it.

I have started this week wih Armenian, so I still don't know how it will go :hmm:

Arabic and Persian are interfering with my Hebrew learning. I still don't know what to do. I am not really progressing in Hebrew, just maintaining, but I am afraid that if I put it on hold, I will lose a lot. But is it possible to learn a language if you are not reallying progressing in it? :hmm:

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2021-01-14, 20:29

Antea wrote:I started with Georgian a month ago. For the moment I am just learning the basic things. I am studying this language through Russian :whistle: , because this way I also aim to improve my level in this language, actually using it.

That's a smart idea! I tried doing that a few years ago; I bought an Assimil book for Tamil, Tamoul en poche, and was hoping to learn Tamil through French. But my French level was too low. While I could grasp the French, I also had to spend quite a bit of time looking up French linguistic terms. This did improve my French vocabulary, but it was very mentally tiring to learn new French terms and try to improve my French comprehension, and then also learn things in Tamil.

Antea wrote:Arabic and Persian are interfering with my Hebrew learning. I still don't know what to do. I am not really progressing in Hebrew, just maintaining, but I am afraid that if I put it on hold, I will lose a lot. But is it possible to learn a language if you are not reallying progressing in it? :hmm:

If you put it on hold, you probably will lose stuff, but I think it will also come back fairly quickly whenever you start up Hebrew again. While I did Swedish in the past, because I really just maintained my French with a little bit of Portuguese and Spanish these past 2-3 years, starting up Swedish again was a bit tough. However, I found things came back pretty quickly. For example, a lot of vocab and grammar concepts I had learned in the past, I just had to see it once to remember it.

What are you doing to maintain Hebrew now? Maybe things like watching Hebrew shows or listening to Hebrew music might help? That way you're not actively learning Hebrew, but you are in a sense using the Hebrew you know. You might still forget things, but chances are you won't forget as much as if you completely stopped?
N: (en-ca) B1: (fr) A1: (pt-br) ((es) (ta-lk)) A0: (sv) (ro)

Return to “Total Annihilation Challenge”