TAC 2018 - ceid donn

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

Car
Forum Administrator
Re: SAC 2018 - ceid donn - French & Gaelic (& Japanese)

Postby Car » 2018-07-26, 15:21

You're welcome. Be warned, the layout is quite overwhelming. If you don't like the material they have, but like the site itself, you can always import your own material, too. Their forum also has collections of useful resources for that, but at least before the last update, it made more sense to search via Google than their own search option.

After a while, they also offered me a 7 day trial last year (which I declined since the info wasn't clear) and then came up with a month for $5 some time later. From time to time, they also send out $1 for a month offers for new customers, so if you don't find it convincing enough in the free version, you can always wait a bit. I don't know if they always do it, but since the free version is pretty limited when it comes to creating LingQs, it certainly doesn't hurt.
Please correct my mistakes!

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-07-26, 16:24

Had a crazy idea this morning of creating a conlang based on a numeronyms, but I definitely do not have time for that. :nope:

(fr)

I've spent some time this week studying French slang. I think slang is a unique problem in language learning because you do all this work to learn a language and then its speakers go and invent new words to keep you from understanding them. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSeEPxLKHNM

While the Memrise course that I've been working on contains quite a number of slang words, I'm not really approaching French slang in a sense of a word list to memorize, as that would be silly, seeing how slang can change very rapidly. Also, one of the social motivators for using slang is to differentiate oneself and one's group from the dominant society or from other groups, so in many cases, people don't want you learning their slang unless they've recognized you as part of their social group. Rather, I've been looking at French slang as it tends to occur so to better recognize it. Verlan is particularly challenging for me as I'm not a very good auditory learner and I prefer to visualize words in my head rather than hear them, and the whole idea of verlan is based on French pronunciation, like "tomber" could become "béton." As someone who can't even follow Pig Latin in my native language, verlan is rather vexing.

(And in case anyone was wondering since I posted one of his videos earlier, yeah, I know Stromae's name is verlan for "maestro." 8-) )

Speaking of that Memrise course, I've been working a short list of words and terms that are giving me fits. right now, I've learned 850/3933 of the terms (the course creator has added about 50 more words since I started this SAC, which is fine as I had no hope of completing this course by my September SAC deadline), so naturally some just aren't sticking. Some of the more devilish ones for me, especially the ones that are synonyms of words I am already more familiar with:

s'écrouler - to collapse
râler - to grumble, moan
détraquer - to put out of order
rancunier - spiteful
récurer - to scrub, scour
égarer- to lose, lead astray
emballer - to grab
l'amertume - bitterness
un mécène - sponsor
envoûtant - bewitching
un pèlerinage - pilgrimage
une arnaque - swindle
frémir - to quiver, ripple
fulgurant - dazzling
se vautrer - to sprawl, wallow
s'engueuler - to argue, have a row
le vacarme - din
rudoyer - to bully, mistreat
la parure - finery, jewelry
avérer - to affirm; s'avérer - to prove to be
besogneux - hard-working

And here's words for which I simply have trouble remembering the correct spelling (words with double consonants seem to particularly give me a headache, spelling-wise):

la subtilitié - subtlety
un resquilleur - gatecrasher
se goinfrer - to binge
épanouissant - fulfilling
anéanti - annihilated
facultatif - optional
orgueilleux - proud, swollen
épousseter - to dust
une échauffourée - brawl, skirmish
une fausse couche - miscarriage
sillonner - to criss-cross, go up and down
une quincaillerie - ironmongery/hardware store
une échappatoire - way out, escape hatch, loophole

I caught a couple of spelling mistakes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were others I missed. :roll:
Last edited by ceid donn on 2018-07-26, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-07-26, 17:11

Car wrote:You're welcome. Be warned, the layout is quite overwhelming. If you don't like the material they have, but like the site itself, you can always import your own material, too. Their forum also has collections of useful resources for that, but at least before the last update, it made more sense to search via Google than their own search option.

After a while, they also offered me a 7 day trial last year (which I declined since the info wasn't clear) and then came up with a month for $5 some time later. From time to time, they also send out $1 for a month offers for new customers, so if you don't find it convincing enough in the free version, you can always wait a bit. I don't know if they always do it, but since the free version is pretty limited when it comes to creating LingQs, it certainly doesn't hurt.

Yeah, I will wait then, for sure, as my budget isn't very flexible at the moment and I'm hesitant to spend any money on something I'm not sure I'll be using enough to justify the cost. I only signed up for Memrise Pro because they had a limited time offer earlier in the year that came out to about US$2.50/month if you paid for a whole year at that rate and since I use Memrise everyday, it seemed like a decent investment.

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2018-07-26, 19:56

I forgot to add that, at least in the past (can't check right now), if you wanted to downgrade to a free account, they had comeback offers that were better than the normal ones. If you're only learning one language, they also offer lifelong subscriptions from time to time. I got my annual subscription (for all languages) through a Groupon spinoff last year. I don't think they have any such offers right now, but they seemed to have had them before, so it's worth checking out from time to time.

How do you like Memrise Pro?

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-07-26, 20:27

I like it but I wish it had more features that were useful to me.

The Pro features that are most useful for me are the ability to download courses and use them offline, and the difficult words review and the listening skills feature. The most important one for me out of these three is being able to download courses and use them offline. That alone makes it worth the $2.50 I paid for it (at special rate I got).

There's a Learn with Locals feature too that I like a lot but it's limited to only Memrise's own official courses. It prompts you with a video of a native or fluent speaker saying the phrase you're learning and it includes a variety of different speakers. Sadly it's not realistic to expect that feature to be available for courses created by users.

There are couple newer features, Grammar Bot and Chat Bot, which are just annoying and useless. A lot of people have ask them to either removed them or improve them dramatically.

The other feature is you get access to some statistics about your use of Memrise, like what times of day you seem to have better response times and accuracy, as well as pie chart that shows you the amount of time you are spending on different courses, if you're like me and are doing multiple courses. That's not essential for me, but it's a nice feature to have.

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2018-07-26, 20:35

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I think I'll pass then, I'm busy enough with LingQ and Busuu anyway.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-07-29, 16:20

Week 7: the tangible results update

I'm short for time today and I want to make sure I have time to study before it gets too hot and miserable here. The heat is really starting to bother me now so I am cutting back on the amount of studying I do in the afternoon when it's hottest. This means I'll need to study more in the mornings, and I am so not a morning person. :lol:

So for this update, since I'm roughly halfway through my SAC, I'm just going to self-assess my improvement in French and Gaelic and set some goals for this coming week and for the remainder of my SAC.

(fr)

Improvements:

-- my pronunciation has definitely improved. It was rusty from misuse because of the lengthy time I wasn't really working on French, but now I think it's the best it's ever been.

-- my listening comprehension has improved to the point that I'm just not following along with what's being said, but I understand what the speaker is saying to the point I can anticipate what they will say next. I still miss a lot, more than I think I should for my level, but this is huge. This is something that most people aren't really aware they do in their own native language.

-- while not an improvement, per se, it is a sign of progress: I've started dreaming in French :mrgreen:

-- my vocabulary has expanded noticeably, making reading and listening easier. I guess drilling vocab on Memrise every day is paying off. 8-)

Goals for this week:

-- work on verbs in L'execiser. Quite possibly my least favorite thing to work in with French. :P
-- complete review of Memrise French 4 course
-- Watch 2 new episode of Marsaille, 2 new episodes of Free Rein, and 2 new episodes of The Hollow
-- read at least 2 more chapters in Les lecteurs de pensée
-- write a descriptive paragraph in my SAC journal

End of SAC goal: write a poem in French

(gd)

I think I've dusted off pretty much all areas except maybe speaking since I don't have really any opportunity to practice that at the moment. Since my SAC starting goal was just to increase my exposure and usage, I think I've definitely done that, as I've worked on Gaelic every day, and on most days it's been Memrise, reading plus something else, like watching videos.

Goals for this week:

-- devise a study plan for Sgeul gu Latha, if possible :para:
-- watch 4 episodes of SOL and 1 Look@LearnGaelic interview
-- finish An Taistealach

End of SAC goal: complete the Memrise course I'm working on, and write a 3 paragraph narrative

(ja)

I will just copy the goals I posted in the Japanese Study Group yesterday:

-- Complete CJ Unit 5
-- Update my kanji list in my SAC journal
-- If my copy arrives, watch Grave of the Fireflies
-- Work on memorizing the song 七つの子
-- Write a small paragraph using vocabulary, kanji and grammar I've learned so far

End of SAC goal: to just get as far with Japanese as I can :whistle:

Memrise goal: I'm currently 324K points from completely my goal. This week I earned 251K points, so I'm very close to reaching that goal.

Old Irish/Sanskrit: I read some of the 2nd lesson of the UT courses this week, and I worked on the script for Sanskrit and began reading the section on conjunct consonants in TYS, which is just like :shock: :| :cry: . What a mountain to climb, jeesh.

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-07-29, 16:30

ceid donn wrote:The most important one for me out of these three is being able to download courses and use them offline .

In the Anroid app, the option to download and use a course offline comes with the free version.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-07-29, 17:40

voron wrote:
ceid donn wrote:The most important one for me out of these three is being able to download courses and use them offline .

In the Anroid app, the option to download and use a course offline comes with the free version.

Really? It's definitely not an option on my Kindle app, which didn't get the latest update that the Memrise Android and iPhone apps did. That must be new. Well, hopefully by the time my Pro membership runs out I will have gotten the new Android tablet I'm saving up to buy. 8-)

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-08-01, 7:11

It's after 1 AM here. Someone please come over to my house and record the notes I wanted to make from the stuff in all these open Chrome tabs so I can go to bed. :P

I'm just going to have to leave all these tabs open and put my PC on sleep, and hope I can remember what I wanted to note down from each page in the morning. Good night, folx.

Dormons, dormons, dormons...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z3igWWvS7A

Mais il est un peu tard
Ôte-toi du chemin
Vagabond contre moi
Je vais la retrouver
Quelque part je la vois
Qui me touche la main
Y a t-il quelqu'un?

Réponds
Réponds

Bien sûr je l´aime encore
Dans ce taudis vivant
Mais il est un peu tard
Où ces maudits vivants
Dans nos jambes nous gênent

Approche que je te voie
C´était toi c´était toi
Encore je m´en souviens
Qu´avons nous eu depuis des jours?
Des jours et la mémoire des jours

Mais la chaleur est là
Mais la chaleur est là
Allons plus loin là-bas
Sous l´ombre de nos pas
Qui continuent sans nous
C´était elle, c´était moi
C´était elle à mon cou
Et nous ne savions pas

Qu´avons nous depuis des jours?
Des jours et la mémoire

Dormons dormons dormons

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-08-02, 4:49

I'm really bad at French verbs. This is what I get for not subjecting myself to hours of soul-crushing verb conjugation drills. I probably should get an intensive workbook and focus on that for a few weeks. :whistle:

But not right now. :mrgreen: Langfocus Paul has a new video and oh, hey, it's on French again. (If you want to gripe about anything in the video, please do so on You Tube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9rh3lqdtT0&list=PLpw_A6Onkjc6ERy4AsaJmRFJDdIQ_1ng9&index=2&t=0s

Of course someone on Twitter has already pestered Paul about presenting Canadian French as a uniquely Quebec thing and not a spectrum that spans several provinces and parts of the US. I'm quite aware of that myself, as my father's paternal side is Quebec/New Brunswick/New England French. Ever heard French spoken with an old Eastern Massachusetts accent? It's hilarious. I can hear "Je vais parker le char dans Harvard Yard" in my head now. :lol: (My grandfather's eldest brother moved from Maine to Boston and I actually have a ton of distant cousins there today.)

This reminded me of an old cassette box set I had of recordings of Jack Keroauc reciting poetry in clubs and in the studio, and in a few on them you could hear he speaking some French with the audience. The box set didn't survive the years and I have never seen a digital version of the box set for sale or online. The only recording I could find of Jack speaking French is this interview, where he's being very conservative in his pronunciation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShxmZUdQDo

It's rather eerie how Jack's body language, facial expressions and speech patterns in this video are so much like my dad's. My dad never spoke French with us--he didn't speak French very well because his mother was Irish American and didn't know French, so he grew up speaking English at home--but you could tell he grew up around it.

Myself, while I amuse myself with my family history, I don't really want anything to do with the New England French community. They tend to be extremely conservative and I'm...not. (Although things might be changing, at least in my father's hometown.) It's been decades since I've been there and I don't know if I'll ever go back there before I die.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-08-05, 4:31

Week 8: the Andy Murray update.

I very seriously succumbed to fatigue this weekend and it's a tad worse than just being a bit tired because it pretty much aggravated all my major health issues--depression, anxiety, hypertension, circulation problems, back pain. I tried to get myself going today only to have my blood pressure spike so high that I almost asked my brother to take me to the ER. So yeah, if I had tennis tournaments I could withdraw from, I would definitely be doing so too.

https://youtu.be/V12NJGYOQuQ?t=29s

And have I mentioned how hot it still is here? 104F/40C today at my house, and the humidity is high too because it's monsoon season. That is not helping things either.

I'm not sure I'll be fit to write up an update tomorrow, so let me to do a quick one now, as I actually did stuff this week before collapsing yesterday and I want to credit myself for it. :D

(fr)

Last week's goals:

-- work on verbs in L'execiser.
-- complete review of Memrise French 4 course
-- Watch 2 new episode of Marsaille, 2 new episodes of Free Rein, and 2 new episodes of The Hollow
-- read at least 2 more chapters in Les lecteurs de pensée
-- write a descriptive paragraph in my SAC journal

I completed all my goals posted in the last update except for the written paragraph. Instead I started writing a short piece about a memory I had from grad school. It's not complete yet but I did spend about 3 hours on it this week.

In addition to my goals, I watched one additional film with French audio, White Fang, on Netflix and I drilled verbs using this online game several times prior to falling ill this weekend.

I also maintained my streak with my Memrise vocabulary building course--I am on day 60 as of today--and started reviewing French 5 on Memrise.

(gd)

Last week's goals:

-- devise a study plan for Sgeul gu Latha, if possible
-- watch 4 episodes of SOL and 1 Look@LearnGaelic interview
-- finish An Taistealach

I kind of did devise a study plan--and it was not to really worry about it for now and to just read. I read 4 stories in SgL this week.

I did not finish An Taistalach because I got sidetracked with reading SQA past papers for Higher Gaelic Learners and Higher Gàidhlig, but I did watch episodes of SOl and a couple interviews, as well as maintained my streak for my Gaelic Memrise course.

(ja)

-- Complete CJ Unit 5
-- Update my kanji list in my SAC journal
-- If my copy arrives, watch Grave of the Fireflies
-- Work on memorizing the song 七つの子
-- Write a small paragraph using vocabulary, kanji and grammar I've learned so far

The only thing here that I actually completed was to finish Unit 5 in CJ.

I have not watched GotF yet because I'm in the middle of watching a 2-Part anime Godzilla movie on Netflix, which I will try to finish watching this weekend.

I am a little overwhelmed with the number of kanji I've learned from Memrise, Duolingo and MnN, so I didn't work on updating my list. It's prving hard to collect all the kanji from these different resources, especially Duolingo which doesn't give us a word list for the Japanese course, so you have to copy them down while you are in the lessons, which is annoying.

I worked a bit on the Duolingo course--I want to get to the second checkpoint, and I'm still a couple units away from that. And I worked on the Memrise Japanese 2 course every day as well as re-watched some of NihonGoal's MnN videos for units 2-5.

Any dabbling this past week has been limited to keeping my streaks on my Welsh, Indonesian and Spanish courses. And I maybe learned a few phrases of Yoruba. :mrgreen:

As for my Memrise goal, I'm 121k away from reaching it. I will probably get there this week. :partyhat:

I'm not going to set any goals for this week because I think I should cut back to the bare minimum for studying this weekend so I can rest, and I do not know when I will be feeling better. Things like Memrise, reading and watching videos/Netflix via my Kindle are things I can do while resting in bed, so I will keep those up, but things like writing, updating my journal and doing exercises will be put on hold for now.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-08-05, 11:37

I hope you start feeling better soon!

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-08-05, 21:47

Thanks. :) I'm not feeling particularly better today, unfortunately. There is some weather front moving into this area right now--I can literally feel the pressure in my ears and it's just making me miserable. I feel like I'm on an airplane that's making its descend to land. But it's making me wonder if the weather here, with it being monsoon season, is a bigger part of why I'm feeling bad.

Someone on Twitter brought this up--I never heard of this before, it was a planned Gaelic series from 2011 aimed at teaching Gaelic through immersion, but sadly it didn't get support from BBC Alba or another media outlet so only 3 pilot episodes were produced. The series' producer had posted all 3 episodes on You Tube, but it seems hardly anyone knew about this all these years, even though there were some prominent people in the Gaelic language community involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuRTqEzkFt8

It's rather sad to see things like this. From what people tell me, when Speaking Our Language was being aired on TV, it was quite popular, and so was another similar show, Can Seo. I mean, popular enough that people remember them and talk about how they watched them every week. That was well before BBC Alba and many of the current efforts to revive Gaelic usage. There's arguably always been a popular, even if small-ish, interest in learning Gaelic in Scotland and those who are interested seem willing to support broadcasting in Gaelic--it's just the media likes to act like there isn't and so they won't invest in it.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-08-09, 3:03

I'm slowly getting back into my study schedule but I think this week is more or less a bust at this point. I'm feeling better but the rest of this week will be tied up with family stuff I cannot get out of so, yeah. :roll:

Anyhow, I've been spending a lot of time on You Tube because that's something that doesn't take a lot of energy nad still allows me to get exposure to my target languages. :lol:

I enjoyed the video because I was able to pick out a fair amount of vocabulary. It's encouraging because when doing Japanese courses on Memrise or Duolingo, I usually make far more errors than I do in any other language I'm studying or dabbling in, and some days I just feel like I'm not learning anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOjmzMdqizw

Little know fact about me: I used to do exotic animal rescue as well as domesticated animal rescue, and through that, I got some experience working with apes, mostly with chimps but there were a few gibbons too. While I don't do that now, it's still an area of interest for me. So I've been following Chanee's work with gibbons in Indonesian for some time now (it's really through watching documentaries about his work that i first really heard Indonesian and got interested in it). Most things about his work, and his own videos like this one, are in French, which has been a good opportunity for me to practice it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKFcQoQCiDY

There is a good amount of videos of Cape Breton Gaelic speakers on You Tube, mostly recordings of older speakers that were made to document their language insights and stories before they died. While going through those sorts of videos, I came across this very surprising find--an old TV special form the '70s made for Scottish TV about Cape Breton Gaelic called 'S e Ceap Breatainn Tìr mo Ghràidh (Cape Breton is the Land of My Love), which is the title of the Cape Breton Gaelic folksong that you hear at the beginning of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-uiavKzipw

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-08-14, 4:42

Week 9: The Change is Good update

I've decided to end this SAC a little earlier than planned (hence the change in the thread title) so I can shift my priorities around. I was planning on doing this SAC until September 1, so I'm close and I feel I got a lot done and I met or made progress toward many of my SAC goals, so I'm happy with that. But since having bounced back from my bout with fatigue/depression a couple weeks back, I am feeling a little restless with my previous schedule and I think to avoid getting burnt out, I should switch things around.

The big change is to make progressing further with Welsh and Spanish my main priorities for at least a few weeks.

With French and Gaelic, I will continue with reading, Memrise and watching video content, but I will not be as focused on progress with either, just daily use and exposure.

With Japanese, I can't quit it at this stage. I'm sort of in the middle of what I call my "beginner's hump" where I'm struggling to get a handle on what I've learned so far, but I know if I stick with it, things will start to make sense. It would be a very bad point at which to stop, because I will just forget a lot of what I've learned and I really don't want to do that. So I will continue with Japanese.

Then there's Indonesian. I don't have a lot of resources of it right now. Many good online English language resources for learning Indonesian are paywalled, my TY Indonesian book is long missing and Duolingo is suppose to release the Indonesian for English Speakers on the 18th, but there's no telling if it will be good or not. So while I want to focus more on Indonesian too, it really depends on what resources are available to me. So for now I'll just continue working my way slowly through my Memrise course and see what else I can find that suits my needs.

OK, this is going to look like a lot, I know, but somehow I think I can do this... :P

Goals for the rest of the year (giving myself plenty of time):

(fr)

- Finish Marseille and The Hollow, plus whatever French language content that interests me
- Continue watching Française Avec Pierre and Français Authentique videos on You Tube, plus whatever else interests me
- pick out of new novel to read, something a little more challenging for me
- continue with my Memrise courses

(gd)

- continue reading Sgeul gu Latha
- finish the 3 ebooks I have
- read the short stories and other materials I have
- continue with my Memrise course
- continue watching videos on LearnGaelic and You Tube

(cy)

- complete the Duolingo Welsh tree 2.0. I currently have half of the tree unlocked.
- work through Colloquial Welsh
- use Gareth King's Modern Welsh: A Comprehensive Grammar as reference

(es-MX)

- complete Spanish (Mexico) 3-7 courses on Memrise. I'm currently halfway through 3.
- work through Colloquial Spanish of Latin America 1 and 2. CSoLA 1 looks likes it's a little below my current level so I will go through it quickly, just to pick out things that I might be lacking, and then focus more on working through CSoLA 2 more thoroughly.
- watch El Ministerio del tiempo and Merlí on Netflix, plus whatever else interests me

(By the way, for people studying Catalan, Merlí's original audio is Catalan and is an available language option on Netflix, although there only the first season so far, but if enough people view it, maybe Netflix will add seasons 2 and 3.)

(ja)

- continue watching Japanese language content on Netflix and You Tube. Most recently I watched Flavors of Youth: International Edition on Netflix.
- complete Japanese 2 and 3 on Memrise. I'm currently 1/3 through Japanese 2.
- continue working through Colloquial Japanese. I am currently on Unit 7.
- continue using NihonGoal' MnN videos as a supplement

(id)

- continue with my Memrise course.
- wait and see what happens with the Duolingo Indonesian course
- look into more resources that would be useful for me I will work through Colloquial Indonesian.

Old Irish and Sanskirt: these will still be languages for light study when I have the time.
Last edited by ceid donn on 2018-08-14, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Antea

Re: TAC 2018 - ceid donn

Postby Antea » 2018-08-14, 9:25

Hi, I can help with Spanish and Catalan. I didn’t watch “El Ministero del tiempo”, and from “Merli” I only watched one or two chapters, but I think it’s a very well known serie :hmm:

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2018-08-14, 15:04

I don't know if the site is any good (the free stuff looked good to me and I know someone who liked it a lot), but you can get Babbel 50% off if you subscribe for a year. The code is AFFILIATE50. They do have Indonesian. I can't look up the prices in other countries easily any more, but here, it's €33.xx and IIRC, it's less than that in the US. There are tricks to get it even cheaper, but I'm not sure if it still can be done easily and it was a bit questionable, to say the least.

ceid donn

Postby ceid donn » 2018-08-14, 20:00

Thank you, Car. I'll will keep that in mind, although it doesn't look like they have a lot available for Indonesian right now, just two beginners modules that do not appear to teach more than what I already know, unfortunately.

I was going through my language learning files on my back-up hard drive and I found a .pdf file of Colloquial Indonesian which is pretty good as it goes into the grammar a bit. I had forgotten about that. I really need to organize my language learning files so I can keep track of what I have. :P

Antea wrote:Hi, I can help with Spanish and Catalan. I didn’t watch “El Ministero del tiempo”, and from “Merli” I only watched one or two chapters, but I think it’s a very well known serie :hmm:

Muchas gracias, Antea. :) No voy a aprender catalan durante este TAC. No tengo tiempo para más idiomas. Además, tengo dificultades para aprender más que dos lenguas romances a la vez. ¿Y aprender al mismo tiempo catalan y español? Creo que mi mente explotaría. :lol: Necesito sentirme más segura con el español antes de comenzar a aprender catalan.

Aunque puedo entender un poco de catalan, planeo usar la opción de audio en español cuando vea Merlí.
Last edited by ceid donn on 2018-08-15, 4:23, edited 1 time in total.

Antea

Postby Antea » 2018-08-14, 20:18

ceid donn wrote:Muchas gracias, Antea. :) No voy a aprender catalan durante este TAC. No tengo tiempo para más idiomas. Además, tengo dificultades para aprender concurrentemente más que dos lenguas romances a la vez. ¿Y aprender concurrentemente al mismo tiempo catalan y español? Creo que mi mente explotaría. :lol: Necesito sentirme Será necesario para mi que sentirse más segura con el español antes de comenzar a aprender catalan.

Aunque puedo entender un poco el / de catalan, planeo usar la opción de audio en español cuando vea veo Merlí.
r

Creo que ya tienes un buen nivel de español :D No dudes en preguntarme cualquier cosa :yep:

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”