TAC 2014 - Italian

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

margaritaa
TAC 2014 - Italian

Postby margaritaa » 2014-07-16, 8:45

Hello everybody,
My name is Rita and I'm new on this forum. I know it's a bit late to start a log but I find it a good way to keep track of what I'm learning.
I am from Russia and of course russian is my mother tongue. I'm currently going to an A-level school in France and managed to attain a C2 level in both French and English.
At the moment I am learning a new language.

Italian (Italiano)
I gather that my italian is at B1 level. I can read books quite easily and watch movies. So far this year I've read 2 books in italian : 'Balzac e la piccola sarta cinese' and 'La vita davanti a se'.
I am currently working with 'Nuova grammatical practica della lingua italians', I'm halfway through it.
My aims are to finish this grammar and take the B1 PLIDA exam.

Thank you for reading! I will try to update this tac regular (once or twice a week) and good luck with your language studies!

Grazie! Merci!
спасибо и удачи!
Last edited by margaritaa on 2014-07-23, 12:30, edited 3 times in total.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Re: TAC 2014 - Italian, Greek

Postby vijayjohn » 2014-07-18, 2:57

Добро пожаловать, margaritaa, и удачи! :)

modus.irrealis

Re: TAC 2014 - Italian, Greek

Postby modus.irrealis » 2014-07-20, 8:32

Good luck, margaritaa. You could also visit the forums here for Italian (very active) and Greek (not so much).

You probably already know, but the FSI book for Greek sometimes uses relatively old-fashioned language, and of course, it uses old spelling rules for accents and stuff like that.

margaritaa

Re: TAC 2014 - Italian

Postby margaritaa » 2014-07-23, 12:41

Hello everyone!

This week I worked a lot on my italian. I studied grammar with 'nuova grammatica della lingua italiana : imperfetto, pronomi combinati, condizionale, avverbi, particelle ci e ne, futuro, comparativo e superlativo. And I also read 3 books (comics to be more precise). Il granchio d'oro, l'isola nera e l'orecchio spezzato; these are all part of the Tintin series. I recommend them, they are pretty easy to read and also a great way to learn vocabulary.
As for Greek I don't think I will have the time and also the motivation to learn it this year. Learning italian takes a lot of my time and I also have to revise maths a lot this summer. There is also a lack of good resources. I used the FSI course but it's somewhat boring and old-fashioned as modus.irrealis mentioned above and there is no point in learning a form of greek that nobody speaks nowadays. I would like to know if someone could advise some books for learning greek? thanks in advance.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2014-07-23, 15:50

Hello! Welcome Margarita! So nice to have you on the forum. :mrgreen: I will be following your TAC.
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2014-07-23, 16:11

And remember, in the Italian forum you can ask all the questions you want in case you have doubts about something ;)

Itikar

Postby Itikar » 2014-07-28, 19:30

margaritaa wrote:I would like to know if someone could advise some books for learning greek? thanks in advance.

Je ne l'ai pas essayé, mais "le nouveau grec sans peine" par Assimil me semble un bon cours.
Fletto i muscoli e sono nel vuoto!
All corrections are welcome and appreciated.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2014-08-14, 18:55

Bienvenue Margaritaa, et bonne chance avec tes études! Comment va-t-il ton italien?

Pour le grec, le site Livemocha a un cours: http://livemocha.com/pages/languages/learn-greek/. Je ne sais si le cours est gratuit, mais je pense que oui.

Je trouve que Livemocha est une bonne ressource pour commencer une langue. Il utilise "flashcards" pour enseigner le vocabulaire. Mais si tu veux, tu peux commencer avec ça jusqu'a tu trouve une autre ressource.
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”