TAC 2021 - Vijay

This forum is for the Total Annihilation Challenge. See the sticky thread for more information.

Moderators:''', Forum Administrators

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Re: TAC 2021 - Vijay

Postby vijayjohn » 2021-11-13, 19:19

I've been posting a lot about various kinds of languages spoken in Africa and the Americas. I think I may even end up using them as a springboard to start learning some of them. Thanks once again to Linguaphile for posting resources on several of these threads! :)

I also tried to catch up with Meera in the Urdu study group. I hope to get back to reading Medieval Latin soon and have also been transcribing, translating, and/or updating a bunch of lessons in Formosan language varieties, specifically the Tavalong-Vata'an variety of Amis and the Truku variety of Seediq.

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2021-11-13, 19:47

vijayjohn wrote:Thanks once again to Linguaphile for posting resources on several of these threads! :)

You're welcome! I probably don't have time right now to keep doing that for all of those languages or threads, though, so if there is any language in particular that anyone would like links for, let me know which language(s). I know that anyone can find online resources like the ones I'm posting, but I have a lot of stuff bookmarked already, which helps, and know where to find more.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2021-11-15, 15:23

Linguaphile wrote:
vijayjohn wrote:Thanks once again to Linguaphile for posting resources on several of these threads! :)

You're welcome! I probably don't have time right now to keep doing that for all of those languages or threads, though, so if there is any language in particular that anyone would like links for, let me know which language(s). I know that anyone can find online resources like the ones I'm posting, but I have a lot of stuff bookmarked already, which helps, and know where to find more.

Not a problem at all! I'm thrilled that anyone bothered posting anything in response to even one of those threads (let alone several!). :mrgreen:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2021-11-27, 0:08

I think maybe these threads about languages are starting to get to my head because I'm considering actually trying to learn every language. :lol:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2021-12-08, 1:04

It may seem as if I haven't been very active on UniLang lately, but that's actually in large part because I've been translating more of the lyrics on the Malayalam songs thread by editing each post! I translated about 28 recently (actually, I had translated a few of these at least a little earlier but added in the translation much more recently), translated another 28 earlier, and have exactly 14 more songs to go, not counting the other songs I intend to post perhaps within the next year.

Return to “Language Logs and Blogs”