- Watch Leçon 5 of "French in Action"
- Go through Lesson 9 of தமிழ் பாடநூல்
- Write out Lesson 10 vocabulary from தமிழ் பாடநூல் in language notebook
- Watch Episode #2 of "Destinos"
- Watch Episode #3 of "Destinos"
- Do Lesson 2 Exercises (pp. 35 - 37) of An Introduction to the Grammar of Sumerian
- Write out Old English phonology in language notebook
My girlfriend and I are both going through "Destinos", which is fun. Spanish is new for her, and it's interesting to see the differences between the "Destinos" series and the "French in Action" series, even though both were published by the same company. The French one is completely immersive, whereas the Spanish one has more English narration. The Spanish one is also more telenovela style, which, while somewhat fun, is, in my opinion, not as beneficial for a complete beginner. I find it pretty helpful though because the actual telenovela scenes use native-speed Spanish and it gives me a chance to practice my listening.
I decided not to worry about writing things out in my language notebook. It was becoming too much of a chore, and while not writing things out might mean I forget vocabulary quicker, looking up words isn't difficult. I also decided not to continue with Sumerian. Last week was quite busy in terms of other, non-language related things going on, and I really would rather, at least for now, focus on French, Spanish and Tamil, and do only one language - Old English - for fun.
On a personal note, I've started thinking about rekindling my interest in computer programming. Perhaps even to the point of doing it as a career. I'm now trying to decide between pursuing coding or language tutoring.