FUBAR Game 2018

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24000
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-13, 2:42

I'll try to translate Salajane's text into Polish instead of Seneca.

EDIT: Just as a sidenote, it's really unfair to just ignore any potential complications until a few days after you've received a text.

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13109
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-13, 9:06

Ignore?

EDIT: Where as I wouldn't characterize this as my ignoring anything (as that implies wilfulness on my part, which I assure you this is not), I do get that this is unfair.

If you'd rather, you can translate it into German, since that would be easier for you. And since you have to translate it twice, I fully intend to do the same. Would that at least make you feel like things are more even?

kevin
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 2019
Joined: 2012-03-29, 11:07
Gender: male
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby kevin » 2018-12-13, 11:03

You mean, I'll get the source text in two languages? :lol:

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13109
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-13, 11:13

If you want. :P

I was just going to do that for Vijay so he didn't feel like the only one to translate the text twice.

But that does bring a thought to mind, I'd hate to see Vijay's Seneca go to waste. How do we feel letting him keep that in the chain and translating that to Polish or German?

I could do the same with my two languages as well, keeping the Old English as last for kevin to translate.

kevin
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 2019
Joined: 2012-03-29, 11:07
Gender: male
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby kevin » 2018-12-13, 12:05

You mean Vijay translating his own translation? Isn't that a bit pointless because he knows what he wanted to say in Seneca?

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13109
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-13, 12:53

True. Maybe a literal translation? *shrug*

I just hate to see his work go to waste.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24000
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-13, 13:35

Nah, it's okay. I was just kinda sore about the fact that I've had to try to translate the same text not twice but three times (especially because it's interfering with my study groups...): once into Cayuga (incomplete), once into Seneca, and once into Polish. :P I'm already slightly less than halfway done with the Polish translation, though. I'm not going to make any promises about my grammar or whatever, but translating into Polish is obviously a lot easier than translating into Seneca!

We could post my Seneca and Cayuga translations at the end of the game, too, along with all the other translations. :D (I'm the only one who has the incomplete Cayuga one, so I can post that and even the Seneca one if dEhiN can't or doesn't want to).
księżycowy wrote:Ignore?

Or if you prefer, "not think about."

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13109
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-13, 14:07

I still don't like the wording, because as with you, I'm busy with my study groups and other life things and haven't had the opportunity to think about it. And when I finally did get the chance to, I wrested with it for a while. So pardon me for this mess.


Whatever the case, I understand you Vijay. Whatever you send me this time will be translated in OE (and some other things....) :)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24000
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-14, 1:16

If you say so! I'm fine with you just translating it into OE. You don't have to jump hoops just because I did. :P

User avatar
dEhiN
Posts: 6248
Joined: 2013-08-18, 2:51
Real Name: David
Gender: male
Location: Toronto
Country: CA Canada (Canada)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-14, 5:53

kevin wrote:Ah, I think you're just reading the chain wrong. księżycowy was supposed to translate into Old English, and I would do Latin then.

Yes, you're right, I think I misread the chain.

At any rate, so I'll update the chain to show that Vijay is translating from Indonesian to Polish and everything else stays the same? And Vijay, I'm completely fine with you posting your Seneca and Cayuga translations at the end. I'm not sure if anyone else apart from księżycowy would understand them, but it'll be fun to see it posted.
My TAC for 2019.

(en-ca) (ta-lk) (fr) (es) (en_old)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24000
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-14, 6:40

dEhiN wrote:At any rate, so I'll update the chain to show that Vijay is translating from Indonesian to Polish and everything else stays the same?

I'm afraid now you have to update it again because I just sent the Polish translation off! :twisted: :whistle:
I'm not sure if anyone else apart from księżycowy would understand them, but it'll be fun to see it posted.

I don't think any of us will understand them anymore, period, not even him or me! :lol:

EDIT: Btw it's been more than five days since OB got his text in the BTG.

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13109
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-14, 10:08

Vijay wrote:If you say so!

Just trust me, Vijay. Please. :)

I'm fine with you just translating it into OE. You don't have to jump hoops just because I did. :P

Ok, if you're fine with it. I still feel bad though.

User avatar
OldBoring
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 5897
Joined: 2012-12-08, 7:19
Real Name: Francesco
Gender: male
Location: Milan
Country: IT Italy (Italia)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby OldBoring » 2018-12-14, 13:20

Ill try to do the BTG today

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24000
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-14, 13:39

Yay!
księżycowy wrote:I still feel bad though.

Just so you know, you don't have to. :) Things happen that we don't anticipate sometimes. Making mistakes is how we learn, though!

User avatar
aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 1146
Joined: 2015-05-10, 12:24
Real Name: Ira
Gender: female
Country: UA Ukraine (Україна)

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby aaakknu » 2018-12-20, 22:00

How is it going?
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2018
Sign up for the Broken Translation Game 2018 and Oral Broken Translation Game 2 and Conlang Broken Translation Game 3 and FUBAR Game 2018

User avatar
dEhiN
Posts: 6248
Joined: 2013-08-18, 2:51
Real Name: David
Gender: male
Location: Toronto
Country: CA Canada (Canada)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-20, 23:28

Salajane wrote:How is it going?

It's still with księżycowy. He got it on the 14th, so he has until the 24th. However, since next week is Christmas, if he or kevin, who's after him, need some extra time, I'm fine with giving it to them.
My TAC for 2019.

(en-ca) (ta-lk) (fr) (es) (en_old)

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13109
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-21, 0:17

I'm glad. Cause I'm in the middle of putting the finishing touches on my application to grad school. :P
I do intend to get around to translating the text Vijay sent me either this weekend or early next week. (Lord help me if I don't translate it! :lol: )

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 24000
Joined: 2013-01-10, 8:49
Real Name: Vijay John
Gender: male
Location: Austin
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-23, 8:57

Please tell me you've at least started trying to translate it this time!

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13109
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-23, 10:58

Uh, yeah.....sure I have.... :whistle:

User avatar
dEhiN
Posts: 6248
Joined: 2013-08-18, 2:51
Real Name: David
Gender: male
Location: Toronto
Country: CA Canada (Canada)
Contact:

Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-23, 23:06

Considering that I just asked for my turn in the BTG game to not start until January 2, I say that we don't worry about this game until the new year.
My TAC for 2019.

(en-ca) (ta-lk) (fr) (es) (en_old)


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest