FUBAR Game 2018

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator
Re: FUBAR Game 2018

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-10, 0:50

I would say "sorry," but it's y'all who kinda picked Seneca for me. You get what you asked for. :P

Any idea how much time you think you'd need? :whistle:

EDIT: Also:
a) Would it help if I tried to pull up the resources I used?
b) Can or should I post what I wrote in Cayuga, which is even worse and also shorter? :lol:
Last edited by vijayjohn on 2018-12-10, 0:54, edited 1 time in total.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-10, 0:54

I wasn't the one to make you do an Iroquoian language, I just suggested trying Seneca because you were having issues with Cayuga!

As for how much time, can I ask for all of eternity?

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-10, 1:08

Literally your first words in this thread were "Ok, let's get crazy!" And, well, we did. ;) FUBAR is FUBAR!

Let's see what you can get out of it in ten days. :twisted:

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-10, 17:23

księżycowy wrote:Speaking of extra time, how much time do I get to translate Vijay's horrible Seneca?

I would say aim for 10 days and see how it goes. If you need more time for any reason, just let us know.
Native: (en-ca)
Active: (fr)(es)(pt-br)(ta-lk)(mi)(sq)(tl)
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-10, 17:26

A month.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-10, 17:27

księżycowy wrote:A month.

Really??!!
Inactive: (de)(ja)(yue)(oj)(id)(hu)(pl)(tr)(hi)(zh)(sv)(ko)(no)(it)(haw)(fy)(nl)(nah)(gl)(ro)(cy)(oc)(an)(sr)(en_old)(got)(sux)(grc)(la)(sgn-us)

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-10, 17:28

Maybe. I haven't even started yet.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-12-10, 17:29

Lol, then how do you know it's so bad? :P

Also, did you notice that I edited the post at the top of this page?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-10, 17:40

Expectation.

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-12, 14:29

So, I've been thinking of this a bunch over the past few days, and I really don't want to (can' t!) get sidetracked with Seneca right now. So I'm dropping out. Sorry everyone. I don't mean to do this in the middle of the game or anything, but I know myself too well and know that this will screw things up for me.

aaakknu
Language Forum Moderator

Postby aaakknu » 2018-12-12, 16:33

księżycowy wrote:So, I've been thinking of this a bunch over the past few days, and I really don't want to (can' t!) get sidetracked with Seneca right now. So I'm dropping out. Sorry everyone. I don't mean to do this in the middle of the game or anything, but I know myself too well and know that this will screw things up for me.

Burt there isn't anybody who could replace you with Seneca.
Здайся на Господа у твоїх справах, і задуми твої здійсняться. (Приповідки 16, 3)
TAC 2019

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-12, 16:37

I know. Other arrangements will have to be made.

As much as I'd hate to make Vijay do extra work. Who am I kidding, yes I would! Mwahahaha!

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-12, 17:18

księżycowy wrote:So, I've been thinking of this a bunch over the past few days, and I really don't want to (can' t!) get sidetracked with Seneca right now. So I'm dropping out. Sorry everyone. I don't mean to do this in the middle of the game or anything, but I know myself too well and know that this will screw things up for me.

That's too bad.

So, I can see two options:

1) księżycowy, if all you need is more time, we could postpone the game until the new year. Perhaps in the new year, you'll be able to spend time translating from Seneca to Old English without getting screwed up?

2) Vijay, if you're willing, you could translate either the Seneca translation you created into Latin, or translate Salajane's Indonesian translation into Latin. Either way, we would then just remove księżycowy from the chain.

What do you guys think? Or can you think of a third solution?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-12, 17:24

Well, I could stay on, but I'd need the text to be in Polish or German.

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-12, 17:49

księżycowy wrote:Well, I could stay on, but I'd need the text to be in Polish or German.

So maybe that's a better solution then? If Vijay is ok with it, he could redo the translation from Indonesian into German or Polish.

kevin
Language Forum Moderator

Postby kevin » 2018-12-12, 18:07

dEhiN wrote:2) Vijay, if you're willing, you could translate either the Seneca translation you created into Latin, or translate Salajane's Indonesian translation into Latin. Either way, we would then just remove księżycowy from the chain.

That would remove me from the chain as well? :(

dEhiN

Postby dEhiN » 2018-12-12, 18:16

kevin wrote:
dEhiN wrote:2) Vijay, if you're willing, you could translate either the Seneca translation you created into Latin, or translate Salajane's Indonesian translation into Latin. Either way, we would then just remove księżycowy from the chain.

That would remove me from the chain as well? :(

Not if Vijay redoes the translation into Latin. The either way referred to removing księżycowy from the chain whether Vijay redid the Indonesian translation or the Seneca one. I hope that made sense; sorry if it was confusing. The point is, one way or another we'll get you a translation into Latin!

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-12, 18:47

If it is desired to keep me in the chain, I have a preference towards Polish. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

kevin
Language Forum Moderator

Postby kevin » 2018-12-12, 19:44

dEhiN wrote:Not if Vijay redoes the translation into Latin. The either way referred to removing księżycowy from the chain whether Vijay redid the Indonesian translation or the Seneca one. I hope that made sense; sorry if it was confusing. The point is, one way or another we'll get you a translation into Latin!

Ah, I think you're just reading the chain wrong. księżycowy was supposed to translate into Old English, and I would do Latin then. At first, I thought you suggested Latin because Vijay doesn't do Old English (though on second thought, is there any language Vijay wouldn't do?)

księżycowy wrote:If it is desired to keep me in the chain, I have a preference towards Polish. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

So you would translate from Polish to Old English? Or a different target language, too?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-12-12, 19:48

I have no reservations with translating into OE.

Return to “Games”