Modification of Multilingual Shiritori: Endless chain

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Modification of Multilingual Shiritori: Endless chain

Postby france-eesti » 2018-04-09, 18:17

Well, yes, I dunno where I can find that... But let's give it time and if no one can find a work with that sign, then they can carry on starting from my German word :partyhat:
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (ro) & (mg) Wanderlusting (hu) My current addiction - crazy about it! (nagy függő vagyok!)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2018-04-09, 19:24

Off the top of my head: Arabic, Chechen, practically any Polynesian language, a bunch of NAILs and CSAILs. I'm sure I forgot a few. But it's not really a big deal. I was just trying to spice things up a bit. :silly:

Linguaphile

Postby Linguaphile » 2018-04-15, 18:49

księżycowy wrote:Cayuga: ne:ˀ hwaˀ next, this (coming) time
(ˀ is a glottal stop, and is a full letter in Cayuga)

księżycowy wrote:I was hoping someone would find a language with a glottal stop in it. :P

Võro: aq mille? but why?
(q is a glottal stop, and is a full letter in Võro, so aq is the same sound as .)
(I'm not sure if it's acceptable to use a phrase in place of a word. But if you want a single word, I'd have to use aq, which leaves this "endless chain" in the exact same place as before: finding a word that starts with aˀ. The full phrase aq mille at least allows it to continue with something new....)

księżycowy
Language Forum Moderator

Postby księżycowy » 2018-04-15, 18:57

I think the concepts of "word" and "phrase" are different from language to language anyway, so we're good as far as I'm concerned. :wink:

Return to “Games”