The You can't use a Dictionary game

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Lenguas

The You can't use a Dictionary game

Postby Lenguas » 2011-02-19, 16:49

In this game, you can write in any language that you consider yourself to be a beginner or lower intermediate in, responding to the person above you. If you don't understand what they've said, take your best guess. If you don't understand anything, use your psychic abilities to intuit what they were probably tring to say. (It can be funny.) But the twist is, you have to rely only on your knowledge of both the language that they've chosen, and the language that you've chosen, so you can't use any dictionaries, textbooks, translators, grammar references, etc., so it will be more like in real life where you don't have those things with you usually. If you are advanced/native in a language, you can make corrections to people.

I'll start.

Creo que meterología es muy interesante. Estudiar constantemente la temperatura, si está lloviendo, nublado me parece interesante. Probablemente el trabajo es muy divertido hacer. Mi tío sabe mucho sobre este subjecto. Qué querés devenir en tu vida? Creés que meterología es una ocupación interesante?

gothwolf
Language Forum Moderator

Re: The You can't use a Dictionary game

Postby gothwolf » 2011-02-19, 17:45

I didn't understand if we have to give an answer in the same language or not?

Nem tudok spanyolul de szerintem az, amit megírtad, az időjárásról van szó és érdekes-e dolgozni időjárás emberként (?). Szerintem igen, mert szeretem a földrajzt és van kapcsolat az időjárás és a földrajz között.
Mit gondolsz a globális felmelegedésről?

Formiko

Postby Formiko » 2011-02-20, 7:23

gothwolf wrote:I didn't understand if we have to give an answer in the same language or not?

Nem tudok spanyolul de szerintem az, amit megírtad, az időjárásról van szó és érdekes-e dolgozni időjárás emberként (?). Szerintem igen, mert szeretem a földrajzt és van kapcsolat az időjárás és a földrajz között.
Mit gondolsz a globális felmelegedésről?

I'm definitely out this round :) Somebody HAD to bring in Hungarian in the first hand! Why not bring in Vietnamese , too? :? :evil:
Cherokee Indian STILL improving German.
Getting reacquainted with Swahili Msaada!
In no particular order
[flag]eo[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]yo[/flag][flag]chr[/flag][flag]ru[/flag]

gothwolf
Language Forum Moderator

Postby gothwolf » 2011-02-20, 10:06

Formiko wrote:I'm definitely out this round :) Somebody HAD to bring in Hungarian in the first hand! Why not bring in Vietnamese , too? :? :evil:

You are not obliged to take part in every single round.

Formiko

Postby Formiko » 2011-02-21, 7:52

gothwolf wrote:
Formiko wrote:I'm definitely out this round :) Somebody HAD to bring in Hungarian in the first hand! Why not bring in Vietnamese , too? :? :evil:

True, but I don't like being benched :(
Cherokee Indian STILL improving German.
Getting reacquainted with Swahili Msaada!
In no particular order
[flag]eo[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]yo[/flag][flag]chr[/flag][flag]ru[/flag]

Lenguas

Postby Lenguas » 2011-02-21, 16:54

Formiko wrote:
gothwolf wrote:

Take your best guess at what it means. "Spanyolul" looks like it could mean Spanish, for instance. My mom is really good at coming up with translations for everything in languages that she doesn't understand at all, and they are usually hilarious. :P

gothwolf
Language Forum Moderator

Postby gothwolf » 2011-02-21, 20:35

OK, I'lll write my post in Russian. Is it enough understandable and popular for you?

Я по-испански не говорю, но по моему мнению ты написал что-то о погоде и интересна ли профессия метеоролога. Думаю да, потому что я люблю географию, а между метеорологией и географией есть связка.
А что вы думаете о глобальном потопление?

Æxylis

Postby Æxylis » 2011-02-23, 6:22

En tiedä mitä pitätään luuleisi sen. Luulen minä itse että voi olla oikea. Mutta jos se on oikea, se pelottaa vähän minua.

Pidättekö yrittämisesta kirjoittaa ilman sanakirjaa?
Если хочешь говорить со мной по скайпу, мой скайп нейм - jaakuuta
If you want to speak with me on Skype, my Skype name is jaakuuta

johnH

Postby johnH » 2011-02-26, 6:37

ik bin au dkaus(its not actually a language but Thais how old english and dutch Sound to me)

Formiko wrote:
gothwolf wrote:

Auf der yütten Seite, können wir dann deutsch zu einander sprechen.

Return to “Games”