It's been seven months since we had the last one of these, so I thought it would be a nice idea to get another organized!
For those unfamiliar with procedures, it goes like this:
- People post what languages they're offering to be going from and into.
- The OP creates a chain (or various chains, if the number of participants allows) of users specifying what languages they're going to translate from and into.
- A date is selected for the game to start. Once that date comes the text is passed to be continuously translated during the following days. The translated text is passed to the next person with a copy for the game's organizer.
- The text reaches the people at the end of the chain(s), and results are posted. Hilarity ensues.
- You have 5 days to provide a translation. (Although ideally you'd get it done in less than that.) Once your time is over, your name goes out of the chain and we look for a solution (asking another member to do the translation or rearranging the chains). This is just to keep the game going... If you haven't translated it in 4 days, you'll receive some message with words of encouragement, if that is what you need.
- In order to appreciate translation upfuckery better, for those of you translating into a language that is not English, you will have to send me a translation of the text into English too. It's just much easier to trace changes this way.
- Some games ago (yes, I'm measuring time in BGT games) there was a schism between "Broken Translation Games" and "FUBARs" ("Fucked-Up-Beyond-All-Repair" games). The difference is that you're expected to have the skill of at least a somewhat decent translation for the former. Of course, everything is relative, but note that the text might be rather long if you are too little familiar with any of the languages you've been assigned to translate.
Who is willing to participate?
甲 jiǎ team (also green team)
Renaçido: English → French
Leviwosc: French → Afrikaans
melan: Afrikaans → German
DelBoy: German → Spanish
rachel90: Spanish → Italian
Michael: Italian → Spanish
Pandora: Spanish → Swedish
Aleco: Swedish → Icelandic
zeme: Icelandic → Esperanto
Saaropean: Esperanto → Chinese
Ashucky: Chinese → Finnish
Jaakuuta (邪悪歌): Finnish → Swedish
Bryon: Swedish → English
乙 yǐ team (also blue team)
Kibo: English → Spanish
Ayiaearel: Spanish → Greek
alois: Greek → Italian
loqu: Italian → German
Rumpetroll: German → Macedonian
gothwolf: Macedonian → Russian
Mefi: Russian → French
culúrien: French → Spanish
Kubi: Spanish → Japanese
Miminga (モモンガ): Japanese → Polish
Æren: Polish → Ancient Greek
Dminor: Ancient Greek → Middle Dutch
Muisje: Middle Dutch → English