BTG Archives

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

User avatar
hashi
Posts: 9191
Joined: 2008-11-02, 2:39
Gender: male
Country: NZ New Zealand (New Zealand / Aotearoa)
Contact:

Re: BTG Archives

Postby hashi » 2012-04-25, 20:00

Serafín wrote:Also, hashi, do you happen to have the CTB stuff somewhere?


The what? The Conlang Broken Translation game? I have the first one, but not the second - as someone else took this over after I left UL for a while.

loqu wrote:It's so comforting to know those games are being retaken!!


Yeah, it's good to tie up loose ends :)

User avatar
Ser
Posts: 7632
Joined: 2008-08-14, 2:55
Gender: male
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Country: CA Canada (Canada)

Re: BTG Archives

Postby Ser » 2012-04-25, 20:19

hashi wrote:
Serafín wrote:Also, hashi, do you happen to have the CTB stuff somewhere?
The what? The Conlang Broken Translation game? I have the first one, but not the second - as someone else took this over after I left UL for a while.
I see... I'll send a PM to Vortex.

Also, about the Moonspeak game, I don't think it even matters, apparently it never really started. Sean of the Dead / Hildakojon did translate it from the English original to Basque, but that was about it, and a game should require at least two or four-five people...

User avatar
hashi
Posts: 9191
Joined: 2008-11-02, 2:39
Gender: male
Country: NZ New Zealand (New Zealand / Aotearoa)
Contact:

Re: BTG Archives

Postby hashi » 2012-04-25, 21:02

Serafín wrote:
hashi wrote:
Serafín wrote:Also, hashi, do you happen to have the CTB stuff somewhere?
The what? The Conlang Broken Translation game? I have the first one, but not the second - as someone else took this over after I left UL for a while.
I see... I'll send a PM to Vortex.

Wonderful, that would be great :)

Also, about the Moonspeak game, I don't think it even matters, apparently it never really started. Sean of the Dead / Hildakojon did translate it from the English original to Basque, but that was about it, and a game should require at least two or four-five people...

Ah, that's ok then. I have hard-coded stuff into the back-end of the archives for moonspeak, so if one ever did crop up again, would be no problem :)

I'm not sure whether it's worth pursuing the Oral BTG as I think most of the audio clips would be gone :/

User avatar
Ser
Posts: 7632
Joined: 2008-08-14, 2:55
Gender: male
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Country: CA Canada (Canada)

Re: BTG Archives

Postby Ser » 2012-04-25, 21:04

...I insist the texts are still worth it. PM to Vortex already sent, too.

User avatar
Dminor
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3730
Joined: 2005-08-14, 20:29
Real Name: Stefan Norbruis
Gender: male
Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Country: NL The Netherlands (Nederland)

Re: BTG Archives

Postby Dminor » 2012-04-25, 21:05

Well, I did find Serafín's and mine! :)

I don't think I had seen the results of oral game before. Great stuff! :mrgreen:
काव्यशास्त्रविनोदेन कालो गच्छति धीमताम् । व्यसनेन च मूर्खाणां निद्रया कलहेन वा

User avatar
hashi
Posts: 9191
Joined: 2008-11-02, 2:39
Gender: male
Country: NZ New Zealand (New Zealand / Aotearoa)
Contact:

Re: BTG Archives

Postby hashi » 2012-04-25, 21:19

Serafín wrote:...I insist the texts are still worth it. PM to Vortex already sent, too.

Oh yeah, I don't deny it ;) Hence my interest in preserving the games.

Dminor wrote:Well, I did find Serafín's and mine! :)

I don't think I had seen the results of oral game before. Great stuff! :mrgreen:

Great! I will look further into these once my class is over haha.

User avatar
Ser
Posts: 7632
Joined: 2008-08-14, 2:55
Gender: male
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Country: CA Canada (Canada)

Re: BTG Archives

Postby Ser » 2012-04-25, 23:23

Dminor wrote:Well, I did find Serafín's and mine! :)
Awesome! *saves for posterity* God, I sound so... slow. And Spanish-y. :D Lol @ piscina [piˈsina] in particular.
I don't think I had seen the results of oral game before. Great stuff! :mrgreen:
I truly "raped" the text, didn't I? :mrgreen: Not to mention the Italian language itself. :lol: :lol: I must have been nearly high when deciding to do a text in languages I knew 0% about (both Esperanto and Italian, true Moonspeak!)... :P

Also, could I ask to unlock the thread of the Oral game? I wanted to make a comment there... Actually, why is it closed? It's not like it's common practice here to close threads. (UniLang is necrofiliac forum.)

User avatar
Bryon
Posts: 3755
Joined: 2005-09-22, 20:52
Gender: male
Country: FI Finland (Suomi)
Contact:

Re: BTG Archives

Postby Bryon » 2012-04-26, 0:22

Serafín wrote:Also, could I ask to unlock the thread of the Oral game? I wanted to make a comment there... Actually, why is it closed? It's not like it's common practice here to close threads. (UniLang is necrofiliac forum.)

I'm not sure why it was closed. :hmm: I'll reopen it. :)
Main: [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]ru[/flag] [flag]es-mx[/flag]
Ole ystävällinen ja korjaa virheeni!

User avatar
Ser
Posts: 7632
Joined: 2008-08-14, 2:55
Gender: male
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Country: CA Canada (Canada)

Re: BTG Archives

Postby Ser » 2012-04-26, 3:51

Some administrator must've made sure to do it once some time passed after the last post in the Broken Translation Games. The same goes for Forum Song contests' threads...


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest