Oral Broken Translation Game? (DONE!)

This forum is for games of various sorts. Moderators may lock games that are too similar to already existing ones.

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Aleco
Re: Oral Broken Translation Game?

Postby Aleco » 2009-06-08, 4:25

It'll be pretty .... well, incomprehensible :whistle: Somehow, there's a couple of sentence that have actually managed to cling onto the original meaning through all of this! :)

Sorry for being away, but I'm having a visitor from the Netherlands, been going through the prosess of getting an American visa, been at an exchange student meeting, been in a wedding and on top of all of that my dog also died... so I've been having a stressful weekend.
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

loqu

Postby loqu » 2009-06-13, 18:37

is this getting ahead? :?
Нека људи уживају у стварима.
Let people enjoy things.

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2009-09-28, 15:46

This was a failed project :P I felt like we almost had to fight in order to get every translation :ohwell: Not even sure if the recorded files here are still downloadable... Anyway, here is the unfinished, yet final result:

Aleco (English reading only)
The wolf is a carnivore. That is a well-known fact everywhere in the world. And most cultures that live, or lived side by side with the wolf, describe it as a ferocious man-eater.
The South African scientist Klaas van Duifel announced two weeks ago that one culture deep into the Siberian forests, the Znebri, compared the wolf with The Creator. The old legends say that when the food supplies were scarce, the wolves would bring them leftovers. In return, the Znebri would annually sacrifice the Elder of the tribe. Nowadays, the culture belongs to the past, and is long gone.

Trapy (German)
The wolf, is a carnivore. That is a well known fact everywhere in the world, and most cultures that live, or lived, side by side with the wolf, describe it as a ferocious man eater. The South African scientist Claus Vondaevul, announced two weeks ago, that one culture, deep into the Siberian forest, Dezniebrie, compared the wolf, with the creator. The old legends say that when the food supplies were scarce, the wolves would bring them left overs. In return, the Dezniebrie, would annually sacrifice the elder of the tribe. Nowadays, the culture belongs to the past, and is long gone.

http://mp3upload.ca/download/7884/trapy1.mp3

Der Wolf ist ein Fleischfresser. Es ist eine erwiesene Tatsache im alle die Werlt, und größtenteils die Kulturen wer leben, order hat mit Der Wolf leben, sie bezeichnenes ist ein grausam Menschenfresser. Der Südafrikaner Wissenschaftler Klaus Vondaevul, hat vor zwei Woche angekündigt, es gibt eine Kultur, im der Tiefwald aus Sibirien, Dezniebrie, hat der Wolf mit ein Erschaffer gesteigert. Die alt Legende sagt wann die Lebensmittelangebot war knappe, die Wölfe hätten übrig bringen. Vergeltend, die Dezniebrie, hätten jedan Jahre die Sippe Älteren opfern. Heutzutage, die Kultur gehört im das Vergangene , und ist nie mehr.

linguaholic (Esperanto)

Der Wolf ist ein Fleischfresser. Es ist eine weißende Tatsache in alle die Welt. Großten Teil ist die Kultur um zu leben oder halt mit dem Wolf leben. Sie bezeichnen es ein großen Menschenfresser. Der Südafrikaner Wissenschafter Klaus von Dewul hat vor zwei Wochen angekündigt es gibt ein Kultur in der Tieffeld auf Sibierien desnierle hat der Wolf mit ein Eschaffer gesteigert. Die alte Legende sagt: Wann die Lebensmittelangebot wurd knapp die Wulfen hätten Unglück bringen. Vergeltend die des Nielyhebbensienyal die Sippe Eltern offen. Heutzutage die Kultur gehört in das Vergangene und ist nie mehr.

http://mp3upload.ca/files/7670/obtg

Lupo estas viandomanĝulo. Tio estas tutmonda konata fakto. Plejparte, kulturoj vivas kun lupoj. Ili vokas ĝin "homomanĝulego". La Sudafrika sciencisto Klaus van Dewul antaŭ du semajnoj anoncis ke estas kulturo en Sibira ebenaĵo, laŭ kiu lupo altiĝas kun kreinto. Malnova legendo diras: Se nutraĵoj malmultiĝis, lupoj malfeliĉigas. Ofte, la plejaĝoj de la Nielyhebbensienyalo-gento redonas ĝin. Hodiaŭ, la kulturo apartenas al estinteco kaj ne plu estas.

Neqitan (Italian)
Lupo estas jando manĝulo. Tio estas tut mon lakunate fakto. Plej parte, kulturoj divas kon lupoj. Ili vokes ĉon, ”homo manĝulego”. Lesuta frikas si ansesto klaŭs fundevo antoldu semalnoj anonsis ke estas kulturo ensibjera ebenaĵo, laŭkio lupo altiĉas kunkrjento. Malnova legendo tieras: Si nutraĵoj malmutiĉis, lupoj malfili ĉikas. Ofte, la plej aĝoj de la nielja bjensjen lajo genso de no desĉon. Hudio, la kultur apartenas a la estintetso ke ne plu estas.

http://mp3upload.ca/files/9354/italian_otg

Un lupo mangia il suo cibo. È nella mia piscina, in realtà. La maggior parte della mia cultura si basa sul lupi; Essi, feroci, antropofago,
egli è venuto giù da una generazione all'altra dal tempo delgli antenati fondatori, se non essa hai già stata detto con distorsioni, causata dalla cultura que dato la vita con le buone intenzioni, il vecchio lupo guardando verso il basso. La leggenda è ancora lì, se non sono stati riempiti con distorsioni. Noi, piccolo lupi cattivi, dopo un lungo tempo, la nebbia la ha cancellato a noi. Niente più domande. Ora, la cultura si ha estinto, perché il lupo non è più qui.

Dminor (English)
Un lupo mangia il suo cibo. E nella mia piscina in realtà, la maggior parte della mia cultura si basa sul lupi. Essi, feroci, antropofago. Egli è venuto giù da una generazione all’altra da tempo degli antenati fondatori. Se non è se hai già stata detto con distorsioni, te ho usata dalla cultura che ha dato la vita con le buone intenzioni. El vecchio lupo guardando verso il basso. La leggenda è ancora lì. Se non sono stati rintiti con distorsioni, mi piccolo lupi cattivi, dopo un lungo tempo, la nebbia l’ha cancellato a noi. Niente più domande. Ora la cultura si è estinto. Perché i lupu non è più qui.

http://mp3upload.ca/files/9968/dminor_eng

A wolf eats his food. And in my swimming pool in reality, the biggest part of my culture is based on wolves. They, wild, man-eating. He has come down from a generation to the other from the time of the founding forefathers. If you haven’t been told with distortions, I have used you from the culture that has given its life with good intentions. The old wolf, looking down. The legend is still there. If they haven’t been told with distortions, my little bad wolves, after a long time, the mist has erased him from us. No more questions. Now, the culture has died out. For the wolf is no longer here.

Eoghan (French)
A wolf eats his food, and in my swimming pool in reality the biggest part of my culture is based on wolves. They, wild, man-eating. He has come down from a generation to the other. From the time of the Founding forefathers. If you haven’t been told with distortions I have used you from the culture that has given its life with good intentions. The old wolf looking down. The legend is still there. If they haven’t been told with distortions my little bad wolves; after a long time the mist has erased him from us. No more questions! Now, the culture has died out, for the wolf is no longer here.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=129735

Un loup mange son repas, et dans ma piscine, en réalité, la plus grande partie de ma culture est basé sur les loups. Ils, sauvages qui mangent des hommes. Il descend d'une génération à l'autre, depuis l’époque des premieres aïeux. Si tu n’est pas menti, j’ai t’utitilisé de la culture qui a donné sa vie avec de bonnes intentions. Le vieux loup regarde. La légende est toujours là. Si elles ne sont pas menti, mon petit loup mauvaise, après un long temps, la brume a effacé lui de nous.
Plus de questions! Maintenant, la culture est morte, parce que le loup n'est plus là.

bryonj2255 (Spanish)
Un loup mange son repas, et dans ma piscine, en réalité, la plus grande bati de ma culture bassé sur les eaux. Il, sauvage qui mange des hommes et déscend d'une génération à l'autre depuis l'époque que le premier a lieu. C'est une époque mentie, c'est utilisée de la culture qui a donné sa vie avec des bons intentions. Le vieux loup regarde, le léchan est toujours là, s'ils ne sont pas mentis mon petit loup mauvaise, après un longtemps le plus facile est maintenu. Plus des questions, maintenant la culture est morte parce que le loup n'est plus là.

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=130559

El lobo come su comida, y en mi piscina, en realidad, la más grande edificio de mi cultura debajo en las aguas. Él, sauvaje come hombres y descende de una generación a la otra desde que el primero occurido. Es un momento mintió, es utilizado de la cultura que dio su vida con buenas intenciones. El lobo viejo mira, Lechan está siempre acá. Si ellos no han mentido, mi pequeño lobo malo, después de un largo tiempo, el más fácil se mantiene. No más preguntas, ahora la cultura es muerto porque el lobo ya no está allí.

loqu (German)
El lobo come su comida y en mi piscina, en realidad, la más grande edificio de mi cultura debajo en las aguas, el salvaje come a hombres y desciende de una generación a la otra desde que ha primero ocurrido.
Es un momento minitio. Es utilizado de la cultura que dio su vida con buenas intenciones. El lobo viejo mira. Le echan. Está siempre acá. Si ellos no han mentido, mi pequeño lobo malo, después de un largo tiempo, el más fácil se mantiene. No más preguntas. Ahora la cultura es muerto porque el lobo ya no está allí.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/60898320c679cd78/

Der Wolf frisst sein Essen und in meinem Schwimmbad, dem größten Gebäude meiner Kultur unter dem Gewässer, frisst der Wilde Menschen, und stammt er von einer Generation in eine andere ab, seitdem es zum ersten Mal geschehen ist. Es ist ein kleiner Moment. Es wird von der Kultur benutzt, die ihr Leben mit guten Absichten gegeben hat. Der alte Wolf schaut. Er wird rausgeschmissen, er ist immer hier. Wenn sie nicht gelogen haben, hat mein kleiner gemeiner Wolf nach langer Zeit einfach überlebt. Keine Fragen mehr. Jetzt ist die Kultur gestorben, weil der Wolf nicht mehr dort ist.

Twinkle (English translation only)
The wolf eats its food, and in my swimming pool, the biggest building of my culture under water, the wild men eat, who descended from another generation, since which it happened for the first time. It’s a small moment. It is used by the culture that has given its life with good intentions. The old wolf is watching. He is thrown out, he is always here. If they have not lied, my little vile wolf has just survived for a long time. No more questions. Now the culture is dead, because the wolf is no longer there.
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2009-09-28, 15:50

English comparative texts:

It's interesting, by the way, to see how quickly the names fell out! I wonder how the swimming pool got up :lol:

The wolf is a carnivore. That is a well-known fact everywhere in the world. And most cultures that live, or lived side by side with the wolf, describe it as a ferocious man-eater.
The South African scientist Klaas van Duifel announced two weeks ago that one culture deep into the Siberian forests, the Znebri, compared the wolf with The Creator. The old legends say that when the food supplies were scarce, the wolves would bring them leftovers. In return, the Znebri would annually sacrifice the Elder of the tribe. Nowadays, the culture belongs to the past, and is long gone.

A wolf eats his food, and in my swimming pool in reality the biggest part of my culture is based on wolves. They, wild, man-eating. He has come down from a generation to the other. From the time of the Founding forefathers. If you haven’t been told with distortions I have used you from the culture that has given its life with good intentions. The old wolf looking down. The legend is still there. If they haven’t been told with distortions my little bad wolves; after a long time the mist has erased him from us. No more questions! Now, the culture has died out, for the wolf is no longer here.

The wolf eats its food, and in my swimming pool, the biggest building of my culture under water, the wild men eat, who descended from another generation, since it happened for the first time. It’s a small moment. It is used by the culture that has given its life with good intentions. The old wolf is watching. He is thrown out, he is always here. If they have not lied, my little vile wolf has just survived for a long time. No more questions. Now the culture is dead, because the wolf is no longer there.

loqu

Postby loqu » 2009-09-28, 18:48

HAHAHA, THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!

He is thrown out, he is always here.

This reminds me of "Not in the future, not in the past. Choose your fire!". :lol:

Also the thing with the swimming-pool :lol:
Let people enjoy things.

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2009-09-28, 23:09

loqu wrote:This reminds me of "Not in the future, not in the past. Choose your fire!". :lol:

Flashback!!! :lol:

linguaholic

Re: Oral Broken Translation Game? (DONE!)

Postby linguaholic » 2009-09-29, 14:25

Thanks for posting! Definitely no failure, it's hilarious!

Now listen, my little vile wolf...
native: Deutsch / advanced: English, Nederlands / intermediate: Esperanto / forgotten: Français / fighting my way through: עברית מקראית / dreaming of: Čeština, עברית / admiring from a safe distance: فارسی

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2009-09-30, 12:25

Well, failure as in not finished, but I think it ended up pretty funny :D

"My swimming pool, the greatest building of my culture under water" :mrgreen:

Bryon

Postby Bryon » 2012-04-26, 0:25

Let's try to really finish this thing. :mrgreen:
Main: [flag]fi[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]ru[/flag] [flag]es-mx[/flag]
Ole ystävällinen ja korjaa virheeni!

Bubulus

Postby Bubulus » 2012-04-26, 3:57

...Finish? It's already finished. :P Aleco aborted it and posted the results after struggling enough to get the game going.
Aleco wrote:I wonder how the swimming pool got up :lol:
I was actually the one who added it. Linguaholic said tutmonda konata in Esperanto for well-known fact, and I heard it as "tut mon lakunate", which I supposed meant "my entire swimming pool" (or maybe "my entire small lake", compare French toute ma lagune 'my entire small lake'). :P

loqu

Postby loqu » 2012-04-26, 9:40

Guise!! I still have Bryon's recording and mine:

Bryon's Spanish: http://www.wikiupload.com/2SSF95F6D7I0L9B

My German: http://www.wikiupload.com/FL9YUXZFW86LCTD

It was pretty nice listening to them again :D
Let people enjoy things.

Return to “Games”