De Lytse Prins

Moderators: Dminor, Reinder

User avatar
Lauren
Posts: 3581
Joined: 2012-04-09, 7:50
Real Name: Lauren
Gender: female
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: US United States (United States)

De Lytse Prins

Postby Lauren » 2012-07-31, 6:15

Does anyone know where I can buy De Lytse Prins? I have looked all over for it, and want it very badly, since I want to start learning Western Frisian, and The Little Prince is one of my favorite books. :)

I could propose to have someone send me a copy and I could pay for it. If it's someone I know I can trust I can pay first, although I don't have the money right now, but will soon.
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

User avatar
Reinder
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3756
Joined: 2011-03-22, 17:21
Gender: male
Country: MX Mexico (México)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Reinder » 2012-07-31, 7:07

The only one, which I can find on the internet, is this one. I have never shopped books via Internet, so I have no idea whether it's a good one or not. I haven't found any other books online, but I suppose one can buy these books in a local bookstore in Friesland. I don't visit bookstores very often, but when I do, I'll take a look for you.

De ienichste dy't ik op it ynternet fine kin, is dizze. Ik haw noch nea boeken fia it ynternet kocht, dus ik haw gjin idee oft dit wol in goeie is of net. Ik haw yn elts gefal gjin oare boeken online fûn, mar ik nim oan datst se hjir ek wol yn boekwinkels keapje kinst. Ik kom net sa faak yn boekwinkels, mar as ik der wer in kear kom, dan sil ik eefkes foar dy sjen.
Last edited by Reinder on 2014-04-03, 7:43, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image | Image Image | Image

User avatar
Lauren
Posts: 3581
Joined: 2012-04-09, 7:50
Real Name: Lauren
Gender: female
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Lauren » 2012-07-31, 17:52

Yeah, that's the only one I could find, but it is sadly out of stock. I would be very grateful if you could pick one up for me and ship it to me. :) And of course, I would pay full price, unless you're feeling particularly generous.
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

User avatar
Reinder
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3756
Joined: 2011-03-22, 17:21
Gender: male
Country: MX Mexico (México)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Reinder » 2012-08-04, 7:11

Hildakojon wrote:Yeah, that's the only one I could find, but it is sadly out of stock. I would be very grateful if you could pick one up for me and ship it to me. :) And of course, I would pay full price, unless you're feeling particularly generous.
I probably know why it is so hard to get the book, the publisher of the book stopped publishing in 2007. So I guess it's just not possible to buy it as a new book anymore. I also can't find it on the most popular sites in the Netherlands for selling used stuff.

Ik wit wierskynlik al wêrom it sa lestich is om dat boek te krijen, de útjouwer fan it boek is der yn 2007 mei stopt. Dus ik tink dat it net mear mooglik is om it as in nij boek te keapjen. Ik kin it ek net fine op de meast populêre websiden yn Nederlân foar it ferkeapjen fan twaddehânse dingen.
Image Image Image | Image Image | Image

User avatar
Lauren
Posts: 3581
Joined: 2012-04-09, 7:50
Real Name: Lauren
Gender: female
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Lauren » 2012-08-04, 7:21

Reinder wrote:
Hildakojon wrote:Yeah, that's the only one I could find, but it is sadly out of stock. I would be very grateful if you could pick one up for me and ship it to me. :) And of course, I would pay full price, unless you're feeling particularly generous.
I probably know why it is so hard to get the book, the publisher of the book stopped publishing in 2007. So I guess it's just not possible to buy it as a new book anymore. I also can't find it on the most popular sites in the Netherlands for selling used stuff.

Ik wit wierskynlik al wêrom it sa lestich is om dat boek te krijen, de útjouwer fan it boek is der yn 2007 mei stopt. Dus ik tink dat it net mear mooglik is om it as in nij boek te keapjen. Ik kin it ek net fine op de meast populêre websiden yn Nederlân foar it ferkeapjen fan twaddehânse dingen.

Well, thank you very much for looking for it for me anyways. If you happen to see it in a used book shop or anywhere else, I'd still love to get it. And thank you for the bilingual posts, they're very helpful. :)
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

User avatar
Reinder
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3756
Joined: 2011-03-22, 17:21
Gender: male
Country: MX Mexico (México)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Reinder » 2012-08-04, 7:30

Hildakojon wrote:Well, thank you very much for looking for it for me anyways. If you happen to see it in a used book shop or anywhere else, I'd still love to get it. And thank you for the bilingual posts, they're very helpful. :)
Yeah, if I find it, I'll buy it for sure. There's a little chance I'll eventually be able to find it in the thrift store, in which the son of my father's wife works.

Ja, as ik it boek fyn, dan keapje ik it seker. Der bestiet in lytse kâns dat ik it úteinlik fine kin yn 'e twaddehâns-winkel wêr't de soan fan myn heit syn frou wurket.
Image Image Image | Image Image | Image

User avatar
Doimnic
Posts: 174
Joined: 2013-03-22, 22:37
Gender: male
Location: Munich
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Doimnic » 2013-05-09, 23:01

Western Frisian, new edition: http://www.vanstockum.nl/boeken/romans- ... 089544964/

;)

(And three(!) different varienties of Northern Frisian here: http://www.verlag-tintenfass.de/ )
an té naċ ḃfuil láidir, ní foláir dó ḃeiṫ ag riṫ go tapaiḋ

User avatar
Lauren
Posts: 3581
Joined: 2012-04-09, 7:50
Real Name: Lauren
Gender: female
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Lauren » 2013-05-09, 23:27

Wow! :o I can't believe it's available, anywhere! :D I just may have to order it, since I've been wanting it for so long.
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

User avatar
Reinder
Language Forum Moderator
Posts: 3756
Joined: 2011-03-22, 17:21
Gender: male
Country: MX Mexico (México)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Reinder » 2013-05-11, 14:56

Lowena wrote:Wow! :o I can't believe it's available, anywhere! :D I just may have to order it, since I've been wanting it for so long.
You can find it on a lot of websites now. I read that it has been published again by a new publisher since November 2012.

Kinst it no op in soad websiden fine. Ik haw lêzen dat it sûnt novimber 2012 opnij útjûn wurdt troch in oare útjouwer.
Image Image Image | Image Image | Image

User avatar
Lauren
Posts: 3581
Joined: 2012-04-09, 7:50
Real Name: Lauren
Gender: female
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Lauren » 2013-11-28, 0:55

Well I feel silly. I was looking at an online store with books in Frisian, and got excited when I saw that De Lytse Prins is available, so I came here to say that I finally found it, forgetting that I said earlier this year that I was going to get it. :silly:

It's too bad it's not available in e-book form (yet ;) ). From that site I can get it for €19.90, or about USD$27, which isn't too bad.
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image

User avatar
Lauren
Posts: 3581
Joined: 2012-04-09, 7:50
Real Name: Lauren
Gender: female
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: US United States (United States)

Re: De Lytse Prins

Postby Lauren » 2014-04-01, 19:20

Well, I finally bought it. :D No idea when it'll be here, probably 1.5 to 2 weeks.
Native:            (en-US)
Advanced:       (eu)
Just started:    (cs)
Trans woman  Image


Return to “Frisian (Frysk/Friisk/Fräisk)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests